Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 50 of 152 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hawkins to miss the prelim. Now for Greene.
    Sweet can't stand him hoping like hell they lose.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling in my waters that Greene WILL be rubbed out.

He got a ridiculous Get Out of Jail card from the AFL system last week ****ing with Bont's head. Big mea culpa from Greene. Free to play the Lions.

So the following week he basically thumbs his nose at the AFL and its disciplinary system, and does it again.

Big test for the AFL. Dont think they will take that shit from Greene.

He will be rubbed out.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post

He got a ridiculous Get Out of Jail card from the AFL system last week ****ing with Bont's head. Big mea culpa from Greene. Free to play the Lions.

So the following week he basically thumbs his nose at the AFL and its disciplinary system, and does it again.

He will be rubbed out.
    If every incident is evaluated independently of others there is no chance he gets suspended this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely at some point his long list of prior offences and the obvious failure of the penalties applied to deter him from this behaviour will have to be taken in to account?

Oh wait, this is the AFL we're dealing with. That would be way too logical.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If every incident is evaluated independently of others there is no chance he gets suspended this week.
    Is that real? That can’t be real.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Only differences is there is more conclusive vision this week. I reckon he'll cop his suspension this week because the AFEL don't like being treated like dickheads by a smartass. Greene gave city hall the finger this week when he should have pulled his head in and made himself a small target.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

7. Likes Dry Rot, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post

He will be rubbed out.
    He may get a week but his past indiscretions have already been dealt with...well lets say "appropriately" and should have zero bearing on the charge he faces tonight

Unless there is some damning evidence that we are currently unaware of then compared to the previous week he should walk.

It's becoming more and more evident that the AFL does not have the stomach to rub out players unless the evidence is overwhelming. Suggest fines and warnings might become the norm
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He may get a week but his past indiscretions have already been dealt with...well lets say "appropriately" and should have zero bearing on the charge he faces tonight

Unless there is some damning evidence that we are currently unaware of then compared to the previous week he should walk.

It's becoming more and more evident that the AFL does not have the stomach to rub out players unless the evidence is overwhelming. Suggest fines and warnings might become the norm
    All the while they suspend players on flimsy grounds like Redpath on Davis, where there is absolutely only minor contact.

However, where there is clearly malicious intent, they look for any excuse to exonerate a higher profile player.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    However, where there is clearly malicious intent, they look for any excuse to exonerate a higher profile player.
    Plus it's almost impossible to get suspended in finals if you are a top ten player at any club.

I would suggest as a solution that finals are exempt from suspensions ie. If Greene gets a week he serves it round 1 next year, not next week. It fixes the AFL's and that clubs most important concern, that no matter what they do players are always available for the finals and clubs can field their best sides.

It means the AFL doesn't have to piss off half the leagues supporters by finding bullshit loopholes, which means players can actually face consequences for their actions. It means we don't have to spend the first half of every week in September talking about how Greene is really just "misunderstood", or how Hawkins strike was "in play", or how Cotchins tackle was of "insufficient force". Instead we can just suspend them like we normally do (which is still stuffed up but marginally better). Maybe make finals penalties double, so Hawkins would be suspended for rounds one and two.

I just think this is a better way to do it. We don't have to worry about bullshit accidents meaning players miss important finals and we don't have to pretend malicious behaviour is anything but and is worthy of a "substantial fine".
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

11. Likes hujsh, Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Plus it's almost impossible to get suspended in finals if you are a top ten player at any club.

I would suggest as a solution that finals are exempt from suspensions ie. If Greene gets a week he serves it round 1 next year, not next week. It fixes the AFL's and that clubs most important concern, that no matter what they do players are always available for the finals and clubs can field their best sides.

It means the AFL doesn't have to piss off half the leagues supporters by finding bullshit loopholes, which means players can actually face consequences for their actions. It means we don't have to spend the first half of every week in September talking about how Greene is really just "misunderstood", or how Hawkins strike was "in play", or how Cotchins tackle was of "insufficient force". Instead we can just suspend them like we normally do (which is still stuffed up but marginally better). Maybe make finals penalties double, so Hawkins would be suspended for rounds one and two.

I just think this is a better way to do it. We don't have to worry about bullshit accidents meaning players miss important finals and we don't have to pretend malicious behaviour is anything but and is worthy of a "substantial fine".
    I think the AFL has to get tougher. Forget fines for hitting players. In fact, penalties should be doubled in finals to deter anyone doing something stupid like Greene
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the AFL has to get tougher. Forget fines for hitting players. In fact, penalties should be doubled in finals to deter anyone doing something stupid like Greene
    You can't deter the stupid from being stupid.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    You can't deter the stupid from being stupid.
    Indeed, but mollycoddling them isn't a better way of approaching it!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the MRO had stopped taking statements from players? Well, they just went back on that and made an exception for Greene who received a very favourable statement from Neale.

Reading Riley Beveridge’s live text updates is comical and infuriating in one.

2 minutes ago
    Greene says his right hand "potentially" made contact to the nose of Neale.

4 minutes ago
    Greene says he doesn't believe he raked Neale's face, nor his eye region. He says he can't recall ever making contact with Neale's face.

5 minutes ago
    Neale says the ball was locked directly underneath Neale's face throughout most of the passage.

5 minutes ago
    Greene says his hand never made contact to the eye region of Neale.

7 minutes ago
    Greene says he put his left hand towards the ball in an attempt to "snatch the footy", but couldn't get hold of it and subsequently pulled his hand back.

7 minutes ago
    Greene says he saw the footy bobble, which is why he reacted in an attempt to keep the ball locked in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I thought the MRO had stopped taking statements from players? Well, they just went back on that and made an exception for Greene who received a very favourable statement from Neale.

Reading Riley Beveridge’s live text updates is comical and infuriating in one.

2 minutes ago
    Greene says his right hand "potentially" made contact to the nose of Neale.

4 minutes ago
    Greene says he doesn't believe he raked Neale's face, nor his eye region. He says he can't recall ever making contact with Neale's face.

5 minutes ago
    Neale says the ball was locked directly underneath Neale's face throughout most of the passage.

5 minutes ago
    Greene says his hand never made contact to the eye region of Neale.

7 minutes ago
    Greene says he put his left hand towards the ball in an attempt to "snatch the footy", but couldn't get hold of it and subsequently pulled his hand back.

7 minutes ago
    Greene says he saw the footy bobble, which is why he reacted in an attempt to keep the ball locked in.
    He won't be suspended, we knew that. It is all a farce.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He won't be suspended, we knew that. It is all a farce.
    Oh man, the best one yet:

3 minutes ago
    Greene: "Are you suggesting I'm trying to make contact with Neale's face?"
    Pane: "Yes."
    Greene: "No."