Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 30 of 152 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Ablett decision is pretty soft, not much in it. Graded intentional but I'm not sure it was.

Hipwood received a fine for what was apparently a similar incident to Ablett's (I haven't seen it). A one week suspension would have been handy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Ablett out for a week

Gowers fined for headbutt.
    Is this some late April Fools shenanigans?

Usually it goes:

Nobody bulldogs player- Deregister him and throw him in a pit of venomous snakes for life.
    Superstar Ablett type- "Hey, everyone look over there...a squirrel!" (MRO runs away in other direction). No case to answer.

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ablett out for a week

Gowers fined for headbutt.
    He'll be ok. Geelong will appeal and he'll get off with a fine.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Is this some late April Fools shenanigans?

Usually it goes:

Nobody bulldogs player- Deregister him and throw him in a pit of venomous snakes for life.
    Superstar Ablett type- "Hey, everyone look over there...a squirrel!" (MRO runs away in other direction). No case to answer.
    I've watched this from several angles and for the life of me I can't figure out what Ablett was actually trying to do.

He was well too late to attempt to smother the handball and he's actively initiated contact for no apparent reason.

I don't know if its worth a week in the scheme of things but I can certainly understand why it would have been graded intentional.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I've watched this from several angles and for the life of me I can't figure out what Ablett was actually trying to do.

He was well too late to attempt to smother the handball and he's actively initiated contact for no apparent reason.

I don't know if its worth a week in the scheme of things but I can certainly understand why it would have been graded intentional.
    He was also in the air when contact was made. I don't think it was an intentional act but like you I can see why it's been graded intentional. Our recent history with star players would probably give weight to him getting off the charge
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard that Ablett has been cleared.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

A downgrade to careless conduct means he can pay a $2000 fine.

Careless conduct was probably about right.

I must admit I chuckled at this bit:

He also told of his belief that due to the fact both players were moving at top speed, if he'd kept his legs planted the two would collide in a much more dangerous fashion
    Albert more or less admitted to shirking the contest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    He'll be ok. Geelong will appeal and he'll get off with a fine.
    Can I quote myself.
    I really don't know why we have Christensen in a job everyone is appealing and getting off.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I'd prefer to rest up for a week than having to pay a $2000 fine personally.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

11. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ablett and Fyfe both cleared
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Ablett and Fyfe both cleared
    Really? One rule for the game’s elite, it seems.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Elbows and forearms OK, as long as you don't do it too hard (and you're not a protected species). They're always going on about 'optics', well, thousands of Auskickers have just seen this get the green light. Great.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Elbows and forearms OK, as long as you don't do it too hard (and you're not a protected species). They're always going on about 'optics', well, thousands of Auskickers have just seen this get the green light. Great.
    I guess Ablett must have felt like his technique had received a tick after last week’s decision. For a guy who loves a good whinge about how badly he is treated he is unbelievably fortunate
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

He's using the Tito Santana flying forearm. Those old school wrestling fans will know what that is.

17. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Iy's unbelievable that Ablett has got off again. Last week it wasnt intentional but high impact so he gets off. This week it's intentional and low impact.

Do we wait until he caves someones head in before we do anything? ****ing Gary Ablett, he has been a competition (and press and umpires) pet since the day he was born. I still say if his name was Gary Smith he may have played 100 games if he was lucky but he's Gary Ablett so he's automatically a superstar with all the benefits (no suspensions, Brownlows, atc) that come with it.

And Durdan gets a week! FFS WTF is going on? The AFL have lost the plot.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite