Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 41 of 152 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Agree the umps sent mixed messages from early on. Bulldogs penalised regularly for anything remotely resembling aggression, whilst GWS were not censured at all, thus encouraging them to keep it up, whilst forcing us to pull back.
    No point in complaining though, they won't listen.
    Just put it in the memory bank, and make sure we NEVER lose like that against GWS again.
    Bingo with as many bells and whistles as I can muster. This set the tone early.

They pulled the predictable shit we (according to the coach) expected and prepared for from the first bounce but when we pushed back in similar style we copped a few hyper-reactive umpiring decisions against which given the flow of play ebbing their way, and no doubt the coaches imploring being "disciplined" mostly neutered our response thereafter ... all the while they continued with the horrendously late gang-tackling, knees and elbows well after the ball was dead bullshit. The umpires misread the mood badly and GWS took full advantage.

It doesn't excuse our inability to respond with ball in hand but a young team got jumped, got belted and got distracted and played like it thereafter. You want to win finals? You deal with it. And eventually we'll be better equipped for the lesson.

I can't wait for the release of next year's fixture because I know what game we're circling first. I want these putrid f*cks on toast and I expect most of the players feel similarly.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

From the first bounce Mumford didn’t go the ball and went English it was there on film to see but the umpires did nothing.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Surely it's two weeks, increased to three because he's a *!*!*!*!.
    Let's all compare it to Redders 3 weeks after he appealed when Davis flopped like a wet lettuce.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I didn't like the way our players played in the era you're referring to. It was the only thing I didn't like about being a Bulldogs supporter at the time, because without it we could have been just as good as we were and with it we were made to look stupid when we couldn't get it done on the big stage over and again.

It was a different era, and the behaviours exhibited by these players should remain in the past.

Toby Greene is a serial offender, but what's worse, he seems to actually either choose instances where players are their most vulnerable or smaller than he is. His most recent efforts against Daniel, Dahlhaus (you can see a players face in your field of vision when looking at a football) and now Bontempelli prove this.

He is a little thug and the football world, particularly the Giants, would be a lot better if this was just openly admitted. I mean, even Greene himself might have a chance at redemption if it was admitted publicly and the issue was addressed publicly. Can you imagine the impact on his behaviour if the Giants did what they could within the confines of the players association agreement to discipline him - or better yet - work with he and his management to discipline him?

This is a person who is a known violent offender. He commits acts of violence on the footy field often. I am sick of the lenience he is afforded, he should be publicly shamed as the arsehole he is.
    And off the field too. Attacking the guy in the pub at Caulfield with a pool cue shows what a .... he is not just on the field.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Let's all compare it to Redders 3 weeks after he appealed when Davis flopped like a wet lettuce.
    Wasn't that on Lynch against the Suns B4L?

Actually, come to think of it that was another incident where Redders was harshly done by.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Does any of the GWS sniping (and yes there was a bit of it) really explain the following numbers?

I50: -39
    CP: -42
    UP: -48
    CL: -12

These numbers are damning on the day and point to a potential 100+ point loss. They show a lack of intent in at the coal face, a lack of two-way gut running to get on the spread (and help out the defenders when the opposition had the ball) and a complete inability to stifle opposition set-up domination at stoppage.

IMO these are far more critical take-outs from the game for the Dogs than Greene and his sniping ways, which will get resolved at the tribunal this week. We were miles off the pace on Saturday and got a valuable lesson in the intensity and hard work required to succeed in finals footy. We did it brilliantly in 2016 and I have no doubt we can do it again with this emerging group.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

8. Likes Dry Rot, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Does any of the GWS sniping (and yes there was a bit of it) really explain the following numbers?

These numbers are damning on the day and point to a potential 100+ point loss. They show a lack of intent in at the coal face, a lack of two-way gut running to get on the spread (and help out the defenders when the opposition had the ball) and an inability to stifle opposition set-up domination at stoppage.

IMO these are far more ctitical take-oits from the game than Greene and his sniping ways. We were miles off the pace on Saturday and got a valuable lesson in the intensity and hard work required to succeed in finals footy. We did it brillianrly in 2016 and I have no doubt we can do it again with this emerging group.
    No one is disputing that, this thread is about reportable offences.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post

Actually, come to think of it that was another incident where Redders was harshly done by.
    That was another one Doc. Red couldn't take a trick with the MRO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    No one is disputing that, this thread is about reportable offences.
    Talk has dominated on all threads about the GWS and their sniping. IMO we are focusing far too much collective energy into this issue and less on the real reasons why we lost.

Talking about the Greene incident in isolation, I hope he gets 3-4 weeks to send a message to the competition that this is unacceptable conduct for the game. But this is the responsibility of the AFL governing body, not us. If our medical report and Bont's testimony throws Greene under the bus, I'll be as happy as anyone. But I don't want the club to make any headline statements about unfair play when we have so many more important issues to rectify in 2020 about how we get better and keep improving in areas we were exposed in on Saturday.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was not a fan at all of Libbers eye gouging, and said as much at the time. I didn't, couldn't defend him even back then.
    Condemning Greene for his on-field actions is fine. Are we going to be similarly scathing of Daniel Southern, Tony Liberatore, Jose and Dimma? We can't have it both ways.

GWS mugged us yesterday, and while some of it was illegal most of it was them being first to the ball and far hungrier than us - have we ever been belted by so much in CP's in the last decade?. We should have absolutely been ready for the assault and we weren't. Worse, we seemingly accepted our fate without doing anything to alter the course.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a different issue. I can accept that they beat us. I can accept that a better team will flog my kids u/15 team.
    This is about totally unacceptable behaviour on the football field going unpunished. Whether its AFL, Suburban, Country or junior football.

These numbers are damning on the day and point to a potential 100+ point loss. They show a lack of intent in at the coal face, a lack of two-way gut running to get on the spread (and help out the defenders when the opposition had the ball) and a complete inability to stifle opposition set-up domination at stoppage.

IMO these are far more critical take-outs from the game for the Dogs than Greene and his sniping ways, which will get resolved at the tribunal this week. We were miles off the pace on Saturday and got a valuable lesson in the intensity and hard work required to succeed in finals footy. We did it brilliantly in 2016 and I have no doubt we can do it again with this emerging group.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m preparing myself for disappointment. At this point I’ll be surprised if he gets a week. Listening to Stevo on RSN this morning i get the feeling Chriso wasn’t sure and so referred it up the chain for TG to explain himself. I hope i’m wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Going to be interesting to see what evidence we provide.
    I've heard that Bont will miss the next 4 weeks (if we were playing) due to Green damaging a vain in his head in a unique injury we only learned about after the match. We'll get you a medical report that's totally legitimate soon I swear

17. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget Greene for a minute, his conduct is unacceptable and has been in any era of the game - he will be dealt with.

The rest of the tactics from GWS were not a million miles away from what happens every week in every game. Jumper punching happens, putting extra mayo on a tackle/spoil happens, bumping into players as they run past happens. Brayden Maynard made Ablett's life miserable on Friday night in very similar ways to what tha GWS players did to us.

The players and coaches should have expected it - we all did on WOOF, talking about it in detail last week. Finals are for keeps - Saturday was a fantastic lesson for our young group.

19. Likes Bulldog4life, Dry Rot liked this post