Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 49 of 152 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

How on earth can you make sense of this? The vision is no more or less convincing or damning. I am completely disillusioned with everything they do.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whole thing feels like Christensen expected Greene to get weeks last week and then he didn't so this time he's altered the charge to try and ensure the punishment is more appropriate.

4. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I dare say this weeks charge for Toby Greene is a bit weaker than last week's with Bontempelli unless Neale is prepared to talk

If the AFL did their job last week without trying to do something that punished the player with a fine but really didn't address the issue there would have been nothing to talk about this week.

Greene is living proof that many youngsters just thumb their nose at rules and treat being given a chance as their god damn right.
    He basically learned nothing from last weeks free hit.

In the words of that 70's show star Red Forman, Greene is a dumbass
    It doesn’t help when his coach comes out after the verdict saying how proud he is of his player.

Internally it would seem that he’s lauded whilst only the few fair minded observers outside of the Club are calling him out for his dispicable actions.

Unfortunately the message to him is too conflicted.

I’m pleased to see that Michael Christian is trying to send a tougher message. Lets hope this time that AFLHQ, and the dinosaurs from a bygone era of the game don’t influence what should be a suspension as there is little doubt again that Greene threw his fist, with a scraping action, into a helpless and strain out Lachie Neale, very similar to the helpless position that Marcus was in last week.

6. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't see how he gets a week for this week but a fine for what he did to Bont. That contact was both more severe and more sustained. If I was him I'd immediately challenge and just refer the MRP to their decision last week. The AFL are so bloody short sighted, it’s staggering.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

8. Likes josie, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate this 'playing on the edge' narrative.

Eye gouging is NOT PLAYING.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    They should suspend him purely for being full of shit.

If not mistaken this is the 18th trip to the tribunal for the remorseful fellow, fourteen of which have yielded fines alone.

Take a bow AFEL, you created this wonderful mess.

10. Likes AndrewP6, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I just don't see how he gets a week for this week but a fine for what he did to Bont. That contact was both more severe and more sustained. If I was him I'd immediately challenge and just refer the MRP to their decision last week. The AFL are so bloody short sighted, it’s staggering.
    Agreed and they can't consider the previous week given it's already been dealt with via a fine
    Sadly the charge is a decent chance to be dismissed based on the footage. If Neale or the medical report say otherwise then he will get his week.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I don't see the week sticking. He'll get off.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Whole thing feels like Christensen expected Greene to get weeks last week and then he didn't so this time he's altered the charge to try and ensure the punishment is more appropriate.
    This ^^^ for sure. It was out of Christensen's hands last week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This ^^^ for sure. It was out of Christensen's hands last week.
    He should have hardened up last week and made the right call to suspend Greene for the semi, rather than putting it in the hands of the tribunal. Giants wouldn't have won and Greene wouldn't have made the AFL look like absolute idiots after making his 'extremely apologetic' speech. Cause and effect.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He should have hardened up last week and made the right call to suspend Greene for the semi, rather than putting it in the hands of the tribunal. Giants wouldn't have won and Greene wouldn't have made the AFL look like absolute idiots after making his 'extremely apologetic' speech. Cause and effect.
    It went straight to the tribunal. Did he suggest that?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Let’s hope the Lions call it for what it is-a cowardly act. I hate this stupid “honour” code players and clubs seem to have. The game is plenty tough enough without low acts like grub has done last two weeks. Hope M.Christiansen is embarrassed by allowing him to play the game this week. Probably not though, as AFL and many past players in press have not shown any moral fortitude allowing Greene to continue his thuggery whilst pretending to the general public they care by imposing fines (akin to hitting him with a wet lettuce leaf).

If he gets off i will not be surprised. AFL are a joke.

Can we start a petition calling the AFL out on this?

17. Likes bornadog, Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    It went straight to the tribunal. Did he suggest that?
    Yes.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

19. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    That's exactly what it sounded like.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I get the impression that Christuan wrongly assumed that a matter referred directly to the tribunal by him would be forcefully prosecuted by the AFL and that he would have been suspended, rather than the AFL meekly demanding a fine.

Christian is as much a victim of the system as any of us this time around and he's now gone for a charge where he can impose a suspension off his own bat.

He's discovered the hard way that you can't give this mob leeway to manipulate a result to suit their ends.

21. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, divvydan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hawkins to miss the prelim. Now for Greene.

Post Thanks / Like

Greene will get off that .
    Should have been suspended the week before