Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 46 of 152 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    https://t.co/84HPLo0wWa?ssr=true

I hadn’t seen this vision which is all shades of ugly.
    That is horrible, poor Bont is pinned down and can't retaliate.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    https://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-04...n-prone-papley

In case anyone needed a reminder, this is what Lachie Hunter was suspended for last year.
    Why is it always our club, I am really sick and tired of this bullshit by the AFL.

Our club needs to buck the trend and come out and point all this bullshit out. Redpath, Hunter, Bont's treatment - the AFL has zero credibility.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    https://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-04...n-prone-papley

In case anyone needed a reminder, this is what Lachie Hunter was suspended for last year.
    I forgot that even happened. He seriously got rubbed out for that?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yep, got a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yes, and probably deserved to...…...which makes what Greene got away with completely disgusting.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I stopped reading an article when this was written off as ‘playing in the edge’. In what *!*!*!*!ing universe is pining a guy down, eye gauging him, grabbing his hair and then forcefully shoving his head into the ground ‘playing on the edge’?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I stopped reading an article when this was written off as ‘playing in the edge’. In what *!*!*!*!ing universe is pining a guy down, eye gauging him, grabbing his hair and then forcefully shoving his head into the ground ‘playing on the edge’?
    This sort of reporting, usually following on from a narrative expressed by ex players in the media is really frustrating. It's absolute cowardice from the editors and producers to let it go out like that. Even Bob on the radio today really let himself down. He squibbed it. Grow some balls and be a leader, gave so,e custodianship over the game. Be better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Is anyone honestly surprised?
    Not at all even with blatant footage of Bontempelli being eye gouged by the pig.

Not hard to see where Bont got his black and swollen right eye but this footage was shutdown.

The guy who got away with highway robbery was Himmelberg. Few are talking about the knee that he came in with and dropped hard into Marcus’s head whilst Greene was holding him to the ground, then quickly ran from the action. Marcus was largely oblivious to it but Himmelberg’s action was the worst of the lot and that’s saying something given what the pig was inflicting.

But hey, some just like to see this as finals footy and how it should be. Friggin neanderthals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Not at all even with blatant footage of Bontempelli being eye gouged by the pig.

Not hard to see where Bont got his black and swollen right eye but this footage was shutdown.

The guy who got away with highway robbery was Himmelberg. Few are talking about the knee that he came in with and dropped hard into Marcus’s head whilst Greene was holding him to the ground, then quickly ran from the action. Marcus was largely oblivious to it but Himmelberg’s action was the worst of the lot and that’s saying something given what the pig was inflicting.

But hey, some just like to see this as finals footy and how it should be. Friggin neanderthals.

Oh ffs that's clear as day, hard not to be absolutely staggered with the current regime piloting the sport. It's the most heinous act, and somehow in the generalisation of misconduct it's been diluted to become something trivial. Thank god it's done, and I'm over it but there certainly needs to be a review at season's end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post

This photo makes me LIVID!!!

It should have been plastered all over every media outlet and then the MRO should have rubbed the grub out properly.

Last time I checked, the Bont’s face is not a f**king BOWLING BALL.

The AFEL are just as revolting as pathetic excuse of a sports team.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So Toby Greene is into edging? Got it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My other half is ropeable -- talking about cancelling his membership and writing to Gill and PG to tell them why. "AFL not getting another cent of my money" etc. I think he means it, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    My other half is ropeable -- talking about cancelling his membership and writing to Gill and PG to tell them why. "AFL not getting another cent of my money" etc. I think he means it, too.
    Can't punish our club though.

I would say internally there would be some real angry people. I am still so livid about this that bad thoughts are coming into my head. Lucky I am not the type to carry them out.

15. Likes Funke disco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Can't punish our club though.

I would say internally there would be some real angry people. I am still so livid about this that bad thoughts are coming into my head. Lucky I am not the type to carry them out.
    I'm sick of our club being angry internally. Make some *!*!*!*!ing noise. These same pricks tried their best to get Bont suspended just 3 weeks prior and yet we don't meet a sound after this happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I'm sick of our club being angry internally. Make some *!*!*!*!ing noise. These same pricks tried their best to get Bont suspended just 3 weeks prior and yet we don't meet a sound after this happens.
    I agree, we should hold a press conference and show all the examples of the inconsistencies with tribunal decisions, particularly with Hunter, Redpath etc. We wouldn't be popular, but who cares.