Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 44 of 152 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    But is wasn't just hair pulling, he slams his head into the ground whilst holding his hair. What a weak coward he is when he is on top and doing that. There was eye gouging alright, but AFL want their love child to win games.
    I don't disagree, personally I found the footage full on. It was weak, dirty and completely beyond what is acceptable.

As for the bolded, I am unconvinced he did manage to gouge. He may have been trying to, and he had no business doing what he did and should really be at the mercy of the tribunal, but without any conclusive eveidence he gouged then it is just the charges i specified and that amounts to a big fine.

Not convinced by the conspiracy theory either, or at least not that reason. I'd imagine if Bont did the same to Greene then the AFL would be just as keen for them to get off because "stars".

To reiterate, I am firmly in the "give Greene the chair" camp, but can see this very easily being a fizzer, and without evidence of gouging he has technically just done some bad stuff that won't see him miss a game, just extremely roughly.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

$7,500
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

As expected

Toby Greene is free to play in the Giants’ semi-final against the Lions.

Greene pleaded guilty to serious misconduct and has been fined $7500 by the AFL Tribunal.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha *!*!*!*!ing joke

Post Thanks / Like

Guilty of SERIOUS MISCONDUCT.

You're free to play.

Post Thanks / Like

Disgraceful. I can't wait for the day karma is getting back at him tenfold.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I said yesterday, why do they keep doing this? Because there's never any serious consequence to their actions. This just emboldens them to keep doing it. Ironically, that team does the worst aggression/assault that puts off Western Sydney parents from having their kids take the game up.
    Indeed. Greene's lengthy rap-sheet is fine after fine after fine.

The sheer length of it demonstrates pretty clearly that fines are a bit useless at curbing behaviour.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

So AFL condones this behaviour and then wonders why Parents take their kids to other codes.
    $&@/ing joke, hope I never bump into the little weasel any time soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    Disgraceful. I can't wait for the day karma is getting back at him tenfold.
    It already did when he torched his free teammates and went for glory late in the 2016 PF.

Other news that has just come to light has put this into perspective.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Indeed. Greene's lengthy rap-sheet is fine after fine after fine.

The sheer length of it demonstrates pretty clearly that fines are a bit useless at curbing behaviour.
    When I was banging on every week about 'tummy taps', I called it a 'violence tax'. That's what this is another example of. If you can afford the 'violence tax' you just pay it as required and your victims can get *!*!*!*!ed.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Guilty of SERIOUS MISCONDUCT.

You're free to play.
    When serious misconduct doesn't warrant a suspension then clearly the rules don't apply evenly across the competition
    Certain players get a lot more leniency than others especially in finals
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

13. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    When serious misconduct doesn't warrant a suspension then clearly the rules don't apply evenly across the competition
    Certain players get a lot more leniency than others especially in finals
    This is what they're working with. Pretty opaque.
    (C) MISCONDUCT
    Misconduct has a wide meaning and generally is any conduct which would be regarded as unacceptable or unsportsmanlike by other participants in the match or where it had the effect or potential to prejudice the reputation of any person, club or the AFL or to bring the game of football into disrepute.
    Serious misconduct offences will be referred directly to the Tribunal. However, any other act of Misconduct will be subject to a Fixed Financial Sanction to be determined by the MRO.

15. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ironically two weeks ago the $&(/ing Plastics were screaming out and trying to get Bonts rubbed out for a much, much,much lesser incident.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy to chip in to pay the fine of any Brisbane players that would like to dish out some similar treatment to the grub. It's shame Mitch Robinson is injured, he would be up for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone honestly surprised?