Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Careless my arse

Joke penalty
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Careless my arse

Joke penalty
    Agree. It was a dog act..6 weeks.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Stewart out for 4 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's about what most expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Careless my arse

Joke penalty
    Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Agree. It was a dog act..6 weeks.
    Same amount of time for a headbutt and bringing the game into disrepute ... just saying
    WOOF Member 422

5. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just quietly Preuss back from suspension this week while English will miss again. One more for the bad guys.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Same amount of time for a headbutt and bringing the game into disrepute ... just saying
    Do you feel stronger that Smith has been badly done by or that Stewart deserved more?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Do you feel stronger that Smith has been badly done by or that Stewart deserved more?
    I think Bailey should get more for his two when compared to Stewart's one. As bad as Stewart's was (it was a dog act), headbutting and bringing the game (two separate events) into disrepute should be more than one spur of the moment act of stupidity. I think we can count our lucky stars its only four for Bailey
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I think Bailey should get more for his two when compared to Stewart's one. As bad as Stewart's was (it was a dog act), headbutting and bringing the game (two separate events) into disrepute should be more than one spur of the moment act of stupidity. I think we can count our lucky stars its only four for Bailey
    I would have been happier if Stewart had received 5 weeks (not because we play the Cats in 5 weeks) and I agree Smith was a touch lucky. There will always be a margin of error when these verdicts come down.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Hawk’s headband fine upheld
    Nell Geraets - The Age

Hawthorn’s James Sicily has failed in his bid to overturn a charge of misconduct for ripping off Bulldog Aaron Naughton’s headband during the third quarter of their clash last round.

The AFL originally offered Sicily a $1000 fine with an early plea. However, the 27-year-old defender decided to submit a written submission to challenge it. But the charge was upheld on Wednesday, resulting in an increased fine of $1500. The two players engaged in a tussle during the game at Marvel Stadium on Friday, which left Naughton with a ripped guernsey and his headband yanked off.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Has Tom Stewart been cannonized yet? He's the true hero of this story.

For farks sake. He went past the ball and deliberately lined up an unsuspecting opponent, knocking him into next week. It was caught by about 150 different camera angles. What choice did he have but to "own up and take responsibility". Also those Pork-Barrell Park pricks tried to argue a 3 week sentence at the tribunal - such is the contempt they have for Prestia and the rest of the competition. I guess when you have weaseled over $300m from the taxpayer to build your pissy little regional toy ground with no wings that gets used 8 days a year and is the plaything for one club only and locals aren't allowed to use it, you would feel invincible and act like an arrogant asshole club as well.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

For farks sake. He went past the ball and deliberately lined up an unsuspecting opponent, knocking him into next week. It was caught by about 150 different camera angles. What choice did he have but to "own up and take responsibility". Also those Pork-Barrell Park pricks tried to argue a 3 week sentence at the tribunal - such is the contempt they have for Prestia and the rest of the competition. I guess when you have weaseled over $300m from the taxpayer to build your pissy little regional toy ground with no wings that gets used 8 days a year and is the plaything for one club only and locals aren't allowed to use it, you would feel invincible and act like an arrogant asshole club as well.
    Why don't you tell us what you really think
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What Tom Stewart did was intentional and Dion Prestia will have unknown long term consequences for the rest of his life.

I'm certain if Smith had have knocked out Zach T he would have been punished accordingly.

The AFL bang on about duty of care and the head is sacrosanct - but it is all lip service. Should've got six weeks.

It is about time the footy media woke up and stopped defending the perpetrator as a default reaction.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

15. Likes Sedat, Testekill, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hawk’s headband fine upheld
    Nell Geraets - The Age

Hawthorn’s James Sicily has failed in his bid to overturn a charge of misconduct for ripping off Bulldog Aaron Naughton’s headband during the third quarter of their clash last round.

The AFL originally offered Sicily a $1000 fine with an early plea. However, the 27-year-old defender decided to submit a written submission to challenge it. But the charge was upheld on Wednesday, resulting in an increased fine of $1500. The two players engaged in a tussle during the game at Marvel Stadium on Friday, which left Naughton with a ripped guernsey and his headband yanked off.
    I can't believe he copped a fine for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What Tom Stewart did was intentional and Dion Prestia will have unknown long term consequences for the rest of his life.

I'm certain if Smith had have knocked out Zach T he would have been punished accordingly.

The AFL bang on about duty of care and the head is sacrosanct - but it is all lip service. Should've got six weeks.

It is about time the footy media woke up and stopped defending the perpetrator as a default reaction.
    I couldn't agree with you more. You would have to think, in the end, it has also cost Richmond the win. Stewart's act was malicious. He got off lightly with four weeks, but so did Bailey. Bailey's two acts (of stupidity) should have been worth more as well.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I can't believe he copped a fine for that.
    Should have got a week for pulling Naughton's hair - Sicily is a grub

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

How was the coach Sedat, runs on to the field and hugs Stewart. FFS, I would blast him for letting the whole team down for the next 4 weeks.

Not one thing has been said or written about Prestia's welfare - I hate the media

20. Likes Sedat liked this post