Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Still can’t believe the inconsistencies and nonsense that happens at the AFL. For a supposedly well run well operation that they could allow the farcical events of Patrick Cripps to occur is beyond stupid. Amateur hour. It just doesn’t pass the pub test. The AFL has consistently preached that if you choose to bump you are responsible for any head issues regardless of the situation. Cripps is clear cut. a) chooses to bump b) leaves the ground with momentum c) hits the player in the head with high force d) player is concussed.

Yet he gets off which now means we have another familiar AFL situation before us. No one understands what the rule is or how to interpret the rule in a real life situation, which leads to mass fan confusion and frustration.

p.s. if it was Will Hayes he would have got time 100%, if it was Greene he would have got four weeks

2. Likes Scorlibo, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

100% agree with David King here.

“I think the game’s never been more lost than what it is now – no one knows what dissent is, no one knows what holding the ball is, no one knows what protecting the head is anymore, no one knows what’s a fair contest and what isn’t, we’ve got no idea on basics of the game that we’ve always had a clear understanding of.

“We’ve never been more lost than what we are right now.”

4. Likes Sedat, josie, DOG GOD, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    100% agree with David King here.

“I think the game’s never been more lost than what it is now – no one knows what dissent is, no one knows what holding the ball is, no one knows what protecting the head is anymore, no one knows what’s a fair contest and what isn’t, we’ve got no idea on basics of the game that we’ve always had a clear understanding of.

“We’ve never been more lost than what we are right now.”
    Libba puts his arms out and it's 50.

What sort of game are we playing?

Crack down on dissent yes, but 0 tolerance never works.

Re Cripps I don't think there are Machiavellian forces at work; he clearly has very good advocates!

Post Thanks / Like

Get a week of content out of it, get their best players playing, give the biggest club the best chance of selling 100k tickets week one of the finals. Well done AFL.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat, Grantysghost, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To me it’s clear that he doesn’t extend his arms to grab the ball, he tucks them in and collects Ah Chee in the head. It’s not a traditional ‘bump’, but he’s also not trying as a priority to contest the ball.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

9. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    p.s. if it was Will Hayes he would have got time 100%, if it was Greene he would have got four weeks
    And here I was thinking the Dogs supporters were the only ones not sucked into the Toby tax narrative.

Greene would've gotten off just like Cripps, it baffles me that people think he is hard done by when he continually gets unders (if anything) for outright malicious acts.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

11. Likes Happy Days, G-Mo77, jeemak, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    And here I was thinking the Dogs supporters were the only ones not sucked into the Toby tax narrative.

Greene would've gotten off just like Cripps, it baffles me that people think he is hard done by when he continually gets unders (if anything) for outright malicious acts.
    Will never forget him getting off for the eye gouge on Bont in the Elimination Final, and the very next week repeating the act on Lachie Neale, where he only got one week to make him available to play the GF.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

The Toby tax is a bit like the Bezos tax in the sense that if it exists he doesn’t have to pay it and people on Twitter will insist that he’s actually unfairly judged.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

14. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Toby got 6 weeks for umpire contact where as Hipwood nearly killed one and got off.
    Not sure it's true.
    As with most things the truth is in the middle.
    Greene got off that Bont eye gouge and that was a disgrace, it's usually bogan ex players in his corner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Toby got 6 weeks for umpire contact where as Hipwood nearly killed one and got off.
    Man this isn't the argument you think it is.

Toby deliberately made a beeline for the umpire and made body contact with him. 6 weeks was kind.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Man this isn't the argument you think it is.

Toby deliberately made a beeline for the umpire and made body contact with him. 6 weeks was kind.
    You're right.

I'm making the point that every incident should be judged on its merit and not personality.

Toby included.

If you don't think Toby would've went for what Hipwood did then I'd be surprised.

Of course priors come into it to a degree.

Post Thanks / Like

From now on, a player can launch themselves in the air and fly into a pack with no concern for injuries, in a non marking contest.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    From now on, a player can launch themselves in the air and fly into a pack with no concern for injuries, in a non marking contest.
    Brad Scott needs to tell us what the rules are because nobody knows anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah Chee should sue the AFL and each member of the AFL appeals board for condoning head high contact leading to concussion and potentially CTE, and not providing a safe working environment. Also sue Cripps and the Carlton Football Club for not showing a duty of care to opposition players.
    Footscray member since 1980.

21. Likes DOG GOD, josie, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What an absolute farce. Oh well, AFL want Carlton in the finals so I guess they need to knock down any walls that might get in the way.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

23. Likes josie liked this post