Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 82 of 152 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2278

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    When you see it on the reversal angle (which I hadn't seen when I made the comment) you see the shoulder make contact with the chin, but the impact is extremely low and it shouldn't be a reportable offence.
    It looks like the AFL's intention is to stamp out these late/off the ball bumps completely because of how small the margin for error is. If Cunnington was a fraction of an inch higher, or Laird lowered himself a bit, he would have been knocked into next week.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    What for?
    Tomahawk..

Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t watch the post-game, but I felt like there was some strategic silence from commentators on the Kelly contact that busted up Degoey and put him out of the game.

Looking at the slow motion he caught him with a hip to the face. He certainly leaves the ground and jumps into Degoey, so considering high contact was made to the head and the high impact you would think he should be looking at a few weeks off.

But who knows?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I didn’t watch the post-game, but I felt like there was some strategic silence from commentators on the Kelly contact that busted up Degoey and put him out of the game.

Looking at the slow motion he caught him with a hip to the face. He certainly leaves the ground and jumps into Degoey, so considering high contact was made to the head and the high impact you would think he should be looking at a few weeks off.

But who knows?
    I would see that as a football incident. Kelly is making no attempt to bump, just chasing the ball. if that is cited we are definitely a non contact sport.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I would see that as a football incident. Kelly is making no attempt to bump, just chasing the ball. if that is cited we are definitely a non contact sport.
    I’m not so sure. Degoey is standing upright with the ball (being tackled from behind) and Kelly jumps into him making contact with his head. He busts up his face and puts him out of the game (possibly also concussion).

He could have joined in the tackle or even try to strip him of the ball, but just jumps in the air and clatters into him. It’s a pretty strange manoeuvre. If Kelly was standing still and/or the tackler moved Degoey forward into him, I would agree that it would be a “football incident”. But he chose to jump into the stationary Degoey. Contact to the head + injury = weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I’m not so sure. Degoey is standing upright with the ball (being tackled from behind) and Kelly jumps into him making contact with his head. He busts up his face and puts him out of the game (possibly also concussion).

He could have joined in the tackle or even try to strip him of the ball, but just jumps in the air and clatters into him. It’s a pretty strange manoeuvre. If Kelly was standing still and/or the tackler moved Degoey forward into him, I would agree that it would be a “football incident”. But he chose to jump into the stationary Degoey. Contact to the head + injury = weeks.
    It all depends how it looks. It it looks dangerous regardless if a player gets injured its a suspension. Just ask Caleb Daniel.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Fritsch copped a week for a high fend. Demons suddenly looking a little more vunerable considering Viney and Tomlinson injuries.
    Going to be an interesting match against the Swans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Fritsch copped a week for a high fend. Demons suddenly looking a little more vunerable considering Viney and Tomlinson injuries.
    Going to be an interesting match against the Swans.
    Cleared - will play Swans.

It is ok to put your elbow into someone's face, but you get a week for a tackle.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Cleared - will play Swans.

It is ok to put your elbow into someone's face, but you get a week for a tackle.
    That is unbelievable. I was watching that game, he got put down off the ball early and went hard after that.

He absolutely smashed a kid in the head with his elbow and he was stuffed afterwards.
    Poor old Tom Powell didn't know what day it was.

Post Thanks / Like

That is unbelievable. I was watching that game, he got put down off the ball early and went hard after that.

He absolutely smashed a kid in the head with his elbow and he was stuffed afterwards.
    Poor old Tom Powell didn't know what day it was.
    total Joke, just puts you right off the AFL
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    total Joke, just puts you right off the AFL
    I'm absolutely stunned. I've played and seen that exact incident up close and my team mate copped a broken jaw.

Its a low act to raise your elbow in a tackle front on, it only leads to one thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, if you make the decision not to go palm first then you know what you're doing. The elbow out is only ever good for one thing, and that thing isn't being effective in fending off a tackle.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yep, if you make the decision not to go palm first then you know what you're doing. The elbow out is only ever good for one thing, and that thing isn't being effective in fending off a tackle.
    I reckon we've become so confused as to whats bad we've lost our way.
    Raised elbow into the head? Sacrosanct much?

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon we've become so confused as to whats bad we've lost our way.
    Raised elbow into the head? Sacrosanct much?
    We make excuses for players who know exactly what they're doing.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    We make excused for players who know exactly what they're doing.
    For thou are wise.