Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 83 of 152 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2278

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    For thou are wise.
    Woah take it easy..... after all I did start the Trade Dunkley thread and 140 pages later people are still wanting to throw rotten cyber fruit at me.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Woah take it easy..... after all I did start the Trade Dunkley thread and 140 pages later people are still wanting to throw rotten cyber fruit at me.
    Not me.

I'm holding my fire till I can throw real fruit.
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A tackle that looks bad where no one is hurt is no good, that'll cost you a week.

A fend off with a forceful elbow to the head where the player had to leave the field is all above board.

Oh good the AEFL are very clear of what is acceptable. Clear as mud
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

McKay got fined for his hit on Dale.

Thinking about it, Dale gets smashed and yet the AFEL pockets the money. Why doesn’t the money go direct to the victim as compensation for a physical assault outside the rules? The AFEL can redirect it as it wants, but Dale is going to be sore all week and the AFEL profit off his pain from a physical assault outside the rules. I’m rarely serious, but I think this needs to change. It may change behaviour too. If you think about whacking a Hayden Ballantyne, Toby Greene or Mitch Robinson, but you know you’ll be writing them a cheque come Monday morning, maybe you think twice. Victims of assault deserve the compensation/fine, not the AFEL. But I don’t see anyone in the media brave enough to take on the AFEL’s cash cow.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes bornadog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    McKay got fined for his hit on Dale.

Thinking about it, Dale gets smashed and yet the AFEL pockets the money. Why doesn’t the money go direct to the victim as compensation for a physical assault outside the rules? The AFEL can redirect it as it wants, but Dale is going to be sore all week and the AFEL profit off his pain from a physical assault outside the rules. I’m rarely serious, but I think this needs to change. It may change behaviour too. If you think about whacking a Hayden Ballantyne, Toby Greene or Mitch Robinson, but you know you’ll be writing them a cheque come Monday morning, maybe you think twice. Victims of assault deserve the compensation/fine, not the AFEL. But I don’t see anyone in the media brave enough to take on the AFEL’s cash cow.
    The penalties are a farce and make no sense at all.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Lycett given a four game ban.

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Lycett given a four game ban.
    It was a bad tackle but is it worth more than Finlayson elbowing a bloke in the head or almost as much as McCartin hooking someone in the jaw?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

For anyone who likes getting angry I suggest you look up what Nic Holman from Gold Coast got 2 weeks for this weekend. Wow.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

13. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    For anyone who likes getting angry I suggest you look up what Nic Holman from Gold Coast got 2 weeks for this weekend. Wow.
    What a disgraceful decision.

And given the Bulldogs gave me know reason to lose my shit and my golf game is solid I’m really looking for something to fill the void so this fits nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Yep absolutely unbelievable. I wonder if it was because of it being a Geelong player lol
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's complete and utter madness.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty poor decision. The umpire didn't even pay a free kick. Perfect run down tackle and the player gets a 2 week holiday. Little bit too much of the wacky stuff being puffed at AFL House

Post Thanks / Like

What about the pretend fake shepherd from Higgins? If he actually did the team thing and put the shepherd on then none of this happens and his team mate doesn’t get slammed. Piss poor.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What about the pretend fake shepherd from Higgins? If he actually did the team thing and put the shepherd on then none of this happens and his team mate doesn’t get slammed. Piss poor.
    Once you see it, you can't unsee it. He should be the one getting suspended for two weeks.

20. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GC are thankfully contesting the charge. I would be shocked if it's not overturned, even if just for the precedence. Accidental/Inadvertent injuries occur and this is just one of them. Holman tackle is close to perfect, it's all in one motion, the report is 100% based on the outcome and not the action.