Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
Well it's easy to say that when it's literally impossible to prove you wrong!

I'm not saying that he did anything wrong, it's a game where this stuff might happen, you might be on the wrong end of it and that's a risk you accept. I was always taught to protect myself and I don't think players do that enough these days and I'm not sure Clark did. I'm not blaming Clark either.

But I can't watch that at any speed and not immediately see that Mackay wanted to hurt him. Players want to hit bodies and hurt them, I don't care what they might say in public, they all want to hit bodies and hurt them.
I'd bet money that I will be proven wrong tomorrow night

So back to a question I posed earlier. If McKay collects a team mate with the same result does he go to the tribunal or get suspended?
If the answer is no then the broken jaw and therefore the result of the collision isn't really the consideration.

De Goey went hard at the player and with evil intent and got a week.

One last observation, if Naughton had have collected an opposition player when he concussed English would we be comfortable for him to cop his whack because he lifted his dangerous knee in a contest when perhaps he could have avoided it?