Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I feel duded. I gave minute by minute updates and step away for some dinner and boom; someone else deliverers the verdict.
    You're like Neil Armstrong, you turn around for a sip of Tang and Scraggers jumped out first.

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What an embarrassment for all involved from the AFL's side. The transcripts read like someone who played footy
    at under 10s level and even still, those kids would have more idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I wouldn't really care if he was retained or not but Cordy is a depth player who is out of contract. If he squibs that bump or doesn't lay a block then he can kiss his career goodbye.
    Say what you want about Cordy's ability, I've never seen him shirk anything.

I don't love him as a player (forever a BullGod though), but if there's space to keep him as depth I'm ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Thank god for common sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Cleared.
    A farce.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still not clear what it was about that incident that took it to the tribunal.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, no charges laid = No charge to answer.

Who could have seen that coming ?
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We need a movement to take control of the AFL because clearly they don’t have a clue how to run it
    Proles uprising! Count me in.

Do you hear the people sing, sing the songs of angry men, it is the music of the people who won't listen to Gil again.
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I feel duded. I gave minute by minute updates and step away for some dinner and boom; someone else deliverers the verdict.
    I thought you were being insightful offering potential legal arguments, rather then giving updates!! So I feel double dudded!

(Azabob-feeling “dude”ed makes me think you must be totally big lebowski cool).
    Last edited by josie; 16-08-2022 at 09:24 PM.

10. Likes jeemak, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I thought you were being insightful offering potential legal arguments, rather then giving updates!! So I feel double dudded!

(Azabob-feeling “dude”ed makes me think you must conclude you must be totally big lebowski cool).
    Is anyone lebowski cool? Not even one could think they are libowski cool? Except maybe Ponyboy, who is borderline irrational.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The bump rule and interpretations are a mess.

I don’t think Cordy could have reasonably chose another action apart from just allowing him to do as he please and tackle Richards. He actually showed restraint in the bump too. He could have really hurt him. It was just unfortunate that his head hit the ground. The Tribunal got it right.

However. a) He chose to bump b) the bump was legal c) however, the narrative and change in rules from the AFL says if you bump you are responsible for the outcome eg. accidental head clash d) the bump resulted in a concussion

So technically under the AFL new rules he should be responsible for the damage and miss weeks

It really is a mess. Fans don’t understand it. Media don’t understand it. Players don’t understand it. It’s chook lotto.

14. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone's running around super quickly and nobody's expecting to be picked off or hit hard. Bruhn should have known he was going to be met with something from Cordy, and Bruhn should have been doing what he could to make sure Cordy would think twice about getting in the way of him again.

But instead he just ran blindly into an obvious shepherd and got himself concussed. What a fool. Why is the AFL trying to protect such a fool?

It's like the TAC trying to protect the person who crosses the road without looking and is wearing ear-cans listening to some sort of bullshit rap music or whatever ignorant people listen to. Mindlessness shouldn't be protected, it should be punished.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

As others have already pointed out, the peak stupidity is in the round arm remonstration on Cordy from Perryman (which actually did make high contact and wasn't in the course of play) not being cited.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

17. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dickhead

Sydney's back-up ruckman Peter Ladhams can accept a three-game suspension for rough conduct on young Demon Taj Woewodin in the VFL. Would rule him out of AFL finals for the Swans.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Dickhead
    Lucky to just get three weeks. Ran past the football, past the boundary line and got him in the head after a stoppage
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Lucky to just get three weeks. Ran past the football, past the boundary line and got him in the head after a stoppage
    He was never interested in the ball. Given his team is in the finals it could be a costly brain fade.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I was keen on Ladhams but wow it looks like we dodged a bullet there.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -