Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 107 of 152 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2278

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

The AFL should appeal that decision and get it back to 6 weeks. Pathetic.

Post Thanks / Like

So if you are the Giants coach, their captain or a team mate, what do you say to Greene?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    So if you are the Giants coach, their captain or a team mate, what do you say to Greene?
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    If you win this week it's a chance at redemption and things are mostly forgiven. If you lose you tell him you got lucky in the 2018 prelim, but you let us down this year.

Then you tell him that if again you recklessly throw away a chance to play a final next week you're being traded to the highest bidder no matter the outcome.

And of course, you follow through with it.

You can't have someone who continually puts their needs and impulses over the needs of the team. You have to draw a line.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    If you win this week it's a chance at redemption and things are mostly forgiven. If you lose you tell him you got lucky in the 2018 prelim, but you let us down this year.

Then you tell him that if again you recklessly throw away a chance to play a final next week you're being traded to the highest bidder no matter the outcome.

And of course, you follow through with it.

You can't have someone who continually puts their needs and impulses over the needs of the team. You have to draw a line.
    Either:

This conversation was had in 2018 and it didn't sink in, in which case it probably won't sink in this time either, or;

It didn't happen then, in which case it probably won't happen this time either.

If Leon Cameron is in any way serious about curbing Greene's behaviour, he gets stripped of the captaincy. Bare minimum. He's left it's team hanging twice in four years in finals series through an act of stupidity. That's not leadership.

Problem is, I don't think Cameron has the guts to do it. He's defended him too vehemently in the past to indicate that he's capable of reining him in. He's a big part of the problem.

7. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Either:

This conversation was had in 2018 and it didn't sink in, in which case it probably won't sink in this time either, or;

It didn't happen then, in which case it probably won't happen this time either.

If Leon Cameron is in any way serious about curbing Greene's behaviour, he gets stripped of the captaincy. Bare minimum. He's left it's team hanging twice in four years in finals series through an act of stupidity. That's not leadership.

Problem is, I don't think Cameron has the guts to do it. He's defended him too vehemently in the past to indicate that he's capable of reining him in. He's a big part of the problem.
    The difficulty is that GWS are at the best when Greene is captain.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    The difficulty is that GWS are at the best when Greene is captain.
    I'd imagine that Josh Kelly will be captain next year, given Coniglio is an objectively poor leader (if you haven't watched the Amazon doco you might disagree) and Greene is not an appropriate choice. Kelly has also signed for life so would seem a safe choice.

Post Thanks / Like

AFEL Appealing. Hearing set for after the finals for logistical reasons.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    AFEL Appealing. Hearing set for after the finals for logistical reasons.
    Is that so Eddie can get a permit to be there?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I'd imagine that Josh Kelly will be captain next year, given Coniglio is an objectively poor leader (if you haven't watched the Amazon doco you might disagree) and Greene is not an appropriate choice. Kelly has also signed for life so would seem a safe choice.
    Not having an Amazon subscription (he's got enough *!*!*!*!ing money) what did I miss?

Their lack of leadership is staggering.

Post Thanks / Like

Not having an Amazon subscription (he's got enough *!*!*!*!ing money) what did I miss?

Their lack of leadership is staggering.
    He's just so vanilla. GWS are one of the main stories, with a focus on Coniglio, and his addresses to the playing group are some of the most monotonous boring uninspiring things I've heard. He seems like a really nice guy and someone you'd want to be mates with, but not a leader.

I also get the feeling he knows it's not a strength and is trying to work on it, but it doesn't come naturally and was probably taking focus away from his footy. He might have had Griff as a mentor.

15. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    He's just so vanilla. GWS are one of the main stories, with a focus on Coniglio, and his addresses to the playing group are some of the most monotonous boring uninspiring things I've heard. He seems like a really nice guy and someone you'd want to be mates with, but not a leader.

I also get the feeling he knows it's not a strength and is trying to work on it, but it doesn't come naturally and was probably taking focus away from his footy. He might have had Griff as a mentor.
    It's the trap of having your best player as a captain.

Leadership is a skill in itself and has zero to do with the skill actually involved in your job.

Nick Maxwell is the perfect example. He was a good ordinary player but an outstanding leader and captain.

Post Thanks / Like

It's the trap of having your best player as a captain.

Leadership is a skill in itself and has zero to do with the skill actually involved in your job.

Nick Maxwell is the perfect example. He was a good ordinary player but an outstanding leader and captain.
    Tom Harley is another example.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

18. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Tom Harley is another example.
    A very good one at that.

Post Thanks / Like

Throw Mitch Wallis in there as a leader beyond his football skills

The Gardner one reminds me of Lake v Riewoldt 2009, barely a free kick, not close to reportable
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

21. Likes Testekill liked this post