Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 10 of 152 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP Thread 2018

Reads article ... rubs eyes ... reads article again.

Good to see our new judge, jury and executioner taking the new gig in his stride.

The game's in good hands.

----

Michael Christian Sorry For Amateur Umpire Approach

MATCH Review Officer Michael Christian has apologised for approaching an umpire during an amateur women's game in which his daughter was playing, to raise concerns about sling tackles.

Christian criticised umpire Adrian Fisher for failing to award free kicks against sling tackles during the half-time break at a match between Old Brighton and Old Scotch on Sunday.

Fisher told Fairfax radio on Tuesday his exchange with Christian was not heated, but he felt the League official's actions had been inappropriate.

Christian said he had tried to call Fisher to apologise and had informed AFL football operations boss Steve Hocking of the incident.

"I spoke to the AFL today, to Steve Hocking, to confirm this had occurred," Christian said.

"Steve clearly outlined the AFL's position to me, that this should not have happened by any person, particularly not someone in a senior official role in the game."

An AFL spokesman confirmed Hocking had directed Christian to apologise to Fisher and the women's league.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs have accepted Zaine Cordy’s one-game sanction for striking & will miss Saturday's clash
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Reads article ... rubs eyes ... reads article again.

Good to see our new judge, jury and executioner taking the new gig in his stride.

The game's in good hands.

----

Michael Christian Sorry For Amateur Umpire Approach

MATCH Review Officer Michael Christian has apologised for approaching an umpire during an amateur women's game in which his daughter was playing, to raise concerns about sling tackles.

Christian criticised umpire Adrian Fisher for failing to award free kicks against sling tackles during the half-time break at a match between Old Brighton and Old Scotch on Sunday.

Fisher told Fairfax radio on Tuesday his exchange with Christian was not heated, but he felt the League official's actions had been inappropriate.

Christian said he had tried to call Fisher to apologise and had informed AFL football operations boss Steve Hocking of the incident.

"I spoke to the AFL today, to Steve Hocking, to confirm this had occurred," Christian said.

"Steve clearly outlined the AFL's position to me, that this should not have happened by any person, particularly not someone in a senior official role in the game."

An AFL spokesman confirmed Hocking had directed Christian to apologise to Fisher and the women's league.

It's almost as if giving one person carte blanche decision making powers might result in their ego and sense of self importance being inflated.......

Fancy doing what this numpty has done!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's almost as if giving one person carte blanche decision making powers might result in their ego and sense of self importance being inflated.......

Fancy doing what this numpty has done!
    Surprised Christo didn't pass on a few rucking tips while he was at it.

What breathtaking gall.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I can imagine the conversation: That girl that tackled my daughter should have been reported and suspended just like how I suspended Katie Brennan.

6. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha ... circa the HS.

--------

Fisher (the umpire) said the incident occurred at half time of the local footy match.

“First of all he said he was independent, which gets up my goat because his daughter was playing, he wasn’t independent,” Fisher told 3AW.

“He said I’m independent, you’re missing sling tackles.

“I said ‘well that’s your opinion’.

“He said ‘you’re missing sling tackles and paying them as holding’.

“I said ‘that’s your opinion.’ Then he walked off and said ‘I’m right’.

--------

And the HS being the HS has appended the piece with this:

BORDERLINE FLYING

8. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McKenna will plead guilty to serious misconduct charge
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    McKenna will plead guilty to serious misconduct charge
    Yes he has .

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't getting enough play for mine. This is SO unbelievably dirty and quite frankly pathetic from McKenna, as well as extremely dangerous - bites lead to open wounds, and open wounds around dirt and sweat can have horrible and even fatal consequences. Not to mention that throwing a tantrum because you aren't as quick as you think you are is also u/11 level petulance.

It ticks all the boxes of something the AFL should (incredibly dangerous) and does (bad for the #look and #feel of the #brand) want to eradicate, so I'm pretty surprised he's only getting three, possibly even two weeks.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    This isn't getting enough play for mine. This is SO unbelievably dirty and quite frankly pathetic from McKenna, as well as extremely dangerous - bites lead to open wounds, and open wounds around dirt and sweat can have horrible and even fatal consequences. Not to mention that throwing a tantrum because you aren't as quick as you think you are is also u/11 level petulance.

It ticks all the boxes of something the AFL should (incredibly dangerous) and does (bad for the #look and #feel of the #brand) want to eradicate, so I'm pretty surprised he's only getting three, possibly even two weeks.
    As long as he gets less than that mongrel Redpath then justice will have been served.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

13. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Three weeks
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

So Redpath gets the same punishment as a player who bit an opponent?
    Staggering

Post Thanks / Like

The price of helping yourself to the buffet?

Free weeks!

BORDERLINE FLYING

17. Likes AndrewP6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Masten only got 2 weeks for his bite a few years ago that caused an open wound and Suban needing a course of antibiotics. On that occasion, Suban had put his forearm into Masten's face and was pressing on his mouth so there was some provocation but clearly the AFL have set the precedent that biting isn't a significantly worse offense than other offences with their penalty in that case and now again with McKenna.

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs' Lachie Hunter can accept a one-game ban for rough conduct on Tom Papley.