Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Adams was just standing and Cody ran into him. Why are people wanting him punished?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Adams was just standing and Cody ran into him. Why are people wanting him punished?
    Agree. Gardner fine was absolute bullshit but from the footage we have I am less convinced Adams even saw him coming and I think neither incident was worthy of MRO intervention.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

3. Likes chef, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Agree. Gardner fine was absolute bullshit but from the footage we have I am less convinced Adams even saw him coming and I think neither incident was worthy of MRO intervention.
    Having watched it back, 100% agree. Zero in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Having watched it back, 100% agree. Zero in it.
    I still don't get why Gardner pays $2000 fine for virtually the same thing, except Cody is concussed, but the Essendon player is fine.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I still don't get why Gardner pays $2000 fine for virtually the same thing, except Cody is concussed, but the Essendon player is fine.
    I think both Adams and Cody were surprised by the contact, and it was related to the passage of play. Certainly don't think there was any malice in what Adams did, and he just stood his ground.

I don't think that there was malice in what Gardner did either. He did, however, intentionally check Francis off the play. The unlucky bit was that Francis didn't see it coming and might've put a bit of mustard on it as well. I'm not that worried about the fine - it is Gardner's duty of care in that situation to ensure that Francis knows a bump is coming. A minor thing in this instance, but we've seen more major incidents, and the Cody situation is a clear example of the dangers that even seemingly incidental high contact can cause.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon Cody ran into him to try and draw a free right before half time.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Simple answer is the Gardner decision was wrong.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So......just watching the replay and apparently Joey Jo Jo Shabado's hit on Doc was within the rules in terms of reasonable contact?

Did this come up in conversation at all? Because it's clearly reportable, and should have been reportable on the field. Daniher lined him up in a marking contest and only ever wanted to take air and bump him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

13. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The goal where Charlie Cameron (aka Ghost Rider because he's never where the action is at the pointy end - but I do love him and it's not his fault) burned off Easton, slightly but just enough, he used a drop punt and the shot on goal was instinctive and about as accurate as it gets.

If not running as fast would he have put the footy across his boot and tried to hook it? I think the answer is yes and it bemuses me. If up the ground and on the run trying to find a target he'd have kicked a drop punt for maximum accuracy. It staggers me coaches put up with this across the boot bullshit when drop punts are clearly more accurate.

Additionally a drop punt off the instep from where Charlie was bends from the left towards the right post opening up the angle, but Charlie went outside of the boot so it when the other way from right to left (which is awesome and looks amazing). From the other side a right foot tilted inwards gets the ball off the outside of the boot and it goes from the right post to the left.

It's so bloody simple, but it's dying as an artform. Why?

15. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrong thread............

17. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    So......just watching the replay and apparently Joey Jo Jo Shabado's hit on Doc was within the rules in terms of reasonable contact?

Did this come up in conversation at all? Because it's clearly reportable, and should have been reportable on the field. Daniher lined him up in a marking contest and only ever wanted to take air and bump him.
    Reminded me of the incident from Buddha Ho king that really set off the conversation. That was clearly charging.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL Appeals Board has extended Toby Greene's suspension to six weeks.

20. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shame.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Hope we get them in the first 6 rounds (like we usually seem to).

Post Thanks / Like

* WEST Coast forward Willie Rioli has been offered a one-match ban for rough conduct on Gold Coast midfielder Matt Rowell, compounding the Eagles' early-season injury crisis.

I found this very strange as a suspension as Rowell was not hurt, and there was no head contact?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.