Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 11 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP Thread 2018

Argh.....Damn it.

Huge loss.

Post Thanks / Like

You can kick a Bulldog, punch a Bulldog and KO a Bulldog but if a Bulldog pushes to the face area the hammer is coming down. Hunter you thug, you should have gotten more than Jack Redpath for his brutal push from 2017.

Post Thanks / Like

Silly stuff from Hunter but could we argue it was below the necessary force to constitute a report? After all it was an open handed push.

Lachlan Hunter, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with engaging in rough conduct against Tom Papley, Sydney Swans, during the third quarter of the Round Four match between the Western Bulldogs and the Sydney Swans, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday April 14, 2018.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Sydney Swans Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact to the head. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction. The player can accept a one-match sanction without appearing before the Tribunal.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's face it he deserved a week for stupidity.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    You can kick a Bulldog, punch a Bulldog and KO a Bulldog but if a Bulldog pushes to the face area the hammer is coming down. Hunter you thug, you should have gotten more than Jack Redpath for his brutal push from 2017.
    Standard for the Bulldogs. This is a appalling suspension. I've slapped on sun screen on my kids harder than that. It was unnecessary and a fine was all it deserves surely. Or was Paply concussed and the swans provided a damning medical report.
    If this isn't a response for the Katie Brennan who ha I don't know what is.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

6. Likes bornadog, SonofScray, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget the conspiracy theories rubbish. Unfortunately bydefinition Hunter meets the criteria for a week holiday. Contact high, force low BUT intentional. The only way he could get it to a fine was to try and argue either impact was not high or was not intentional. Given he was not in play and decided to go over to a player on the ground and give him a shove that's gonna be hard to beat.

8. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Forget the conspiracy theories rubbish. Unfortunately by definition Hunter meets the criteria for a week holiday. Contact high, force low BUT intentional. The only way he could get it to a fine was to try and argue either impact was not high or was not intentional. Given he was not in play and decided to go over to a player on the ground and give him a shove that's gonna be hard to beat.
    Vision found here

Let's face it, again they are trying to make an example of out of this type of thing.

That was softer than Redpath's push on Phil Diver.

If that is worth a week then this is worth 3

Swan Dan Hannebery ($1500) for instigating a melee before the opening bounce of his team's clash with the Bulldogs;
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

They certainly did the right thing in not awarding Suckling a free kick for too high.........Swans really went at us in the last 75 minutes of the game, the free kick count was slightly their way for the first 45 minutes or so. Interestingly, nuffies from Sydney believe that due to the lopsided free kick count we were favoured by the umpires. It's interesting that people think the number of free kicks outweighs the quality and position of free kicks.

Anyway, as for Hunter I liked that he was going after a guy who went after one of ours, but he shouldn't have done it in the fashion he did, a bit of attention once on his feet would have been better.

What I don't understand is how you can offer the same penalty for this as a knee clearly and intentionally dropped on a players head.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Forget the conspiracy theories rubbish. Unfortunately bydefinition Hunter meets the criteria for a week holiday. Contact high, force low BUT intentional. The only way he could get it to a fine was to try and argue either impact was not high or was not intentional. Given he was not in play and decided to go over to a player on the ground and give him a shove that's gonna be hard to beat.
    Not true. One could argue the force was not sufficient to constitute a reportable offence. Otherwise a pat on the head would also be worthy of a week. I do concede that it is unlikely to be successful though.

12. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just spent 5 minutes watching and rewatching that footage... If that's worth a week, we'll soon see a no contact zone implemented, similar to netball.

Not too smart, sure, but that's not worth a week.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

14. Likes bornadog, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A week is fair enough , but I can’t stand the impact element of a suspension .
    How many times does a player get off because of minimal impact ?
    The impact was minimal , but be certain there will be a player who gets off under “ minimal impact “

Post Thanks / Like

That is hard to fathom. I watched it twice because I thought I’d missed an act of thuggery. Compare it with Toby Greene and Dahl. You instinctively flinch and feel it’s such a dangerous act, compared to this bit of silliness.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Again, the u pure was right there and chose not to report him, nor reverse the free kick. More responsibility needs to be placed on the umpire to make the report, rather than have someone scour video for opportunities to justify their existence.

That was poor discipline from Hunter. But 1 week is a harsh penalty when allowing for the scenario and stacking it up against other reportable incidents. Why does an elbow into the back/kidneys before the ball is bounced not generate the same penalty? JJ was assaulted for weeks, intentionally, off the ball and forcefully enough to put him on the ground, for no free kick, no penalty. Dahl was killed kicked in the face, and everyone did gymnastics to conceive it as anything but.....

"Rough conduct" strikes again. The deliberately vague charge with which the league can apply arbitrarily to make an example of some players, without really having to justify it. For when media pressure or the imaginary soccer mum hysteria makes the brand manager a little queasy. It's a shit charge and this is another example.

If that is the threshold for a suspension, then we may as well not have free kicks anymore.

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter deserved to be suspended for that, I can't see any argument for that. To forcefully put your hands on a defenseless players face unprovoked is a shit act, much like Rance's slap to Watts head a couple of years ago was as well.

The issue is obviously when you compare it to other suspensions and their lengths. 1 week for Hunter seems bad when someone else cops one week for something with greater potential to hurt. This is more down to the fact that it is so difficult to assign variety of suspension terms to players. When 90% of the suspension you hand out are between 1 and 2 weeks it means that a great variety of actions cop the same penalty.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Hunter deserved to be suspended for that, I can't see any argument for that. To forcefully put your hands on a defenseless players face unprovoked is a shit act, much like Rance's slap to Watts head a couple of years ago was as well.

The issue is obviously when you compare it to other suspensions and their lengths. 1 week for Hunter seems bad when someone else cops one week for something with greater potential to hurt. This is more down to the fact that it is so difficult to assign variety of suspension terms to players. When 90% of the suspension you hand out are between 1 and 2 weeks it means that a great variety of actions cop the same penalty.
    Suspension plus fine is the way to go.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.