Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

He deserves a week for being such a wuss and not using a fist.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yeah I reckon that one was borderline. Bit stiff, but also probably either way.

Will Smith has been suspended from the Academy for a slap, so there's precedence.
    I wonder if the Rock said the joke would have Will Smith slapped him? I'd buy tickets for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    When is a slap in the face worth a week off? Buddy has copped it
    Swans to challenge
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I wonder if the Rock said the joke would have Will Smith slapped him? I'd buy tickets for that.
    I think we know that Will Smith wouldn’t have said boo if it was someone physically bigger and more powerful than him.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think we know that Will Smith wouldn’t have said boo if it was someone physically bigger and more powerful than him.
    Yep a bully for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL apologises after Swans lash league for tribunal treatment of Franklin

Click above for full story, but inessence AFL Barrister called Buddy's action cowardly.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL apologises after Swans lash league for tribunal treatment of Franklin

Click above for full story, but inessence AFL Barrister called Buddy's action cowardly.
    What's hitting someone seven inches shorter than you in the face if it isn't cowardly? Should they have just called him an arsehole?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What's hitting someone seven inches shorter than you in the face if it isn't cowardly? Should they have just called him an arsehole?
    Stirrer

Post Thanks / Like

Smith suspended for two matches after headbutt

The Western Bulldogs have until Monday to decide whether to challenge the MRO’s decision to offer star midfielder Bailey Smith a two-match suspension for headbutting Geelong’s Zach Tuohy in a fiery melee during Friday night’s loss to the Cats.

The Bulldogs’ next two matches are winnable games against the Giants and Hawthorn but with their season teetering, with six wins and six losses after 12 rounds, and a tough run home they will want all key players available.

The match review officer categorised the headbutt as intentional, high and medium impact, which results in two matches. The Bulldogs could attempt to have the impact downgraded as Tuohy played out the game. However, they know “the potential to cause serious injury” clause the AFL now applies, when high contact is made, has made it difficult for clubs to prove the impact was low rather than medium.

If the Western Bulldogs appeal and aren’t successful they will lose $10,000 out of their football department cap.

Smith’s act at three-quarter time shocked observers, however, Tuohy told Fox Footy post-game he had no issue with the incident and the pair had shaken hands post-game.

“Emotions were getting the better of the both of us. I think I was pulling and dragging at him as much as he was at me. There was nothing in it,” Tuohy said.

“When the game gets so close, and we had a big lead cut back to a small margin, emotions get high. It was all love at the end.”

But the AFL saw the incident differently after Tuohy reeled back from the contact and emerged with a lump on his forehead. The league also fined Tuohy $1000 for his involvement in the incident as he rubbed his head into Smith’s.

It is rare for an AFL player to be charged with headbutting however Richmond’s Bigoa Nyuon received a two-match suspension for headbutting an opponent in a VFL match last season. In 2020, West Coast premiership defender Will Schofield was offered a one-week suspension when charged with headbutting Port Adelaide’s Zak Butters. Sydney unsuccessfully appealed a one-match suspension to Lance Franklin last week when they attempted to have the contact downgraded.

Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge said he had not seen the incident that led to his star midfielder Smith being reported.

Smith and Tuohy were holding each other’s jumpers in a show of strength as a melee broke out after the siren when the 21-year-old through his head at Tuohy, who reeled backwards holding his head.

Smith was immediately reported as the two teams headed to their respective huddles.

Geelong coach Chris Scott said he joked with Tuohy, who comes from Ireland, about Irishmen and headbutts before playing down the incident.

“I spoke to [Tuohy] really, really briefly, and he wasn’t worried about it,” Scott said. “[Smith] is a star and Tuohy doesn’t have a problem with it.”

Beveridge said he had not spoken to Smith directly about the incident as he was not aware of it.

“If something has happened I will be briefed on it at some point,” Beveridge said.

The headbutt or contact using the head is graded under classifiable offences according to the tribunal guidelines.

If the impact is downgraded to low, Smith could be suspended for one match and if medium he could face two matches.

Post Thanks / Like

There are morons everywhere on twitter including Barrett naturally, and idiots from GWS who have chosen to comment about “if this was Toby Greene…”
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    There are morons everywhere on twitter including Barrett naturally, and idiots from GWS who have chosen to comment about “if this was Toby Greene…”
    He'd have gotten off.

He's had more lenience than just about any player I can think of.

Post Thanks / Like

He'd have gotten off.

He's had more lenience than just about any player I can think of.
    Surprise Surprise he did get off in an incident of headbutting back in 2017.

GREATER Western Sydney star Toby Greene has been cleared to face the Western Bulldogs on Friday night after the Match Review Panel said there was insufficient force in his headbutt on Sydney opponent Isaac Heeney.

Post Thanks / Like

Surprise Surprise he did get off in an incident of headbutting back in 2017.
    Post this on Damo's Twitter account (providing you haven't been blocked by him):

https://www.afl.com.au/news/143493/a...g-isaac-heeney

Post Thanks / Like

Smith is a dickhead for doing what he did. Head butting is a wanker act and he should feel really shit about it.

17. Likes chef, soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. He deserves two weeks and should cop his whack and learn from it. Weak act.
    The curse is dead.