Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

I will say that Touhy also is a wanker it's just that his effort didn't land, albeit it was just as aggressive.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Smith is a dickhead for doing what he did. Head butting is a wanker act and he should feel really shit about it.
    It's a total knob head act. Gone down in my estimation after that. (who likes my avatar?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Yep. He deserves two weeks and should cop his whack and learn from it. Weak act.
    I think he's lucky to only cop 2.

5. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's a total knob head act. Gone down in my estimation after that. (who likes my avatar?)
    Well, he was headbutted first.

But just because someone is a wanker to you it doesn't mean you need to be a wanker back to them, particularly not in the silly world of AFL where the retaliator gets punished more often than not.

7. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he's lucky to only cop 2.
    In the strange world of AFL where this only gets five, two is pretty harsh:

This is what Jeremy Cameron's career should be remembered as. Yeah sure, lots of goals, and shit finals, but this most cowardly and premeditated act is what defines him for me. Just a disgusting piece of shit.

Worst thing I've seen on the field since Barry Hall hitting Staker.

Post Thanks / Like

In the strange world of AFL where this only gets five, two is pretty harsh:

This is what Jeremy Cameron's career should be remembered as. Yeah sure, lots of goals, and shit finals, but this most cowardly and premeditated act is what defines him for me. Just a disgusting piece of shit.

Worst thing I've seen on the field since Barry Hall hitting Staker.
    Fmd I hadn't seen that before. That's a ten weeker.

He layed out JJ with a massive hit one day too.

Post Thanks / Like

Fmd I hadn't seen that before. That's a ten weeker.

He layed out JJ with a massive hit one day too.
    That one was a front on hit where he got the head but mainly the shoulder, but should have been done for a few weeks for head high contact.

The Harris Andrews one is on par with Leigh Matthews and Nevill Brunns etc. Completely disgusting act. The Leigh Matthews one was extremely bad but as I always maintained when playing, always be aware if you're just running by a dickhead.

Playing against Whitefriars College once in B Section their captain was running towards the bench and the ball had switched sides. He was a known prick, and after I had picked myself off the ground after the switch to return to my defencive area I caught something out of the corner of my eye and by instinct rammed him first. He came off second best but considering where I was and where the bench was he deviated at least twenty metres to get me for absolutely no reason. I got lucky. Some people are just dicks, and it was lucky this time I made him look like a bigger one than everyone already thought he was.

11. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone seriously should have kicked Cameron in the face for that. Not the Toby Greene type of kick, but a genuine kick. When you go that far out of the confines of what's intolerable to completely disgusting, all bets should be off.

That's tongue in cheek, but how easily the commentariat forget (but don't worry, I keep receipts!).
    Last edited by jeemak; 05-06-2022 at 01:30 AM.

13. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, he was headbutted first.

But just because someone is a wanker to you it doesn't mean you need to be a wanker back to them, particularly not in the silly world of AFL where the retaliator gets punished more often than not.
    I've been head butted out of the blue you can't react to it pretty dodgy act.
    Zach did instigate it but was wise enough to not use force.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been head butted out of the blue you can't react to it pretty dodgy act.
    Zach did instigate it but was wise enough to not use force.
    And sold it like a WWE wrestler would have.

I think the penalty is fine, 2 weeks is a good result considering it's a headbutt. Smith and the club should wear it and welcome him back in a fortnight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    And sold it like a WWE wrestler would have.

I think the penalty is fine, 2 weeks is a good result considering it's a headbutt. Smith and the club should wear it and welcome him back in a fortnight.
    No point in challenging to get it down to one week. We never win those.

Smith needs to learn from this.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The club won't challenge the two matches which is the right call. Silly Boy

Western Bulldogs midfielder Bailey Smith will miss the next two matches after the Club accepted the Match Review Officer’s sanction for headbutting.

The incident involving Smith and Geelong defender Zach Touhy was assessed as intentional conduct, medium impact and high contact.

As a first offence, Smith was offered a two-game ban. He will miss the Bulldogs’ games against GWS and Hawthorn, following the Club’s Round 13 bye.

“I’m disappointed to be missing the next two matches, and regret that I won’t be able to help my team-mates on the field during that period,” Smith said.

“I understand what happened was outside of what’s expected of AFL players. Unfortunately, I let my emotions get the better of me, which is out of character for me.

“I am determined to come back in a couple of weeks to continue giving 100 percent for my team-mates and the Club.”

Smith has been a star of the competition so far in 2022, averaging 31.6 possessions, four marks, four tackles and four clearances per game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We all make mistakes. He's a quick learner. Bailey will come back as good as ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    We all make mistakes. He's a quick learner. Bailey will come back as good as ever.
    He'll get tested by the opposition more as a result of his actions. Like you I'm confident he will learn from this.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He'll get tested by the opposition more as a result of his actions. Like you I'm confident he will learn from this.
    We need more experienced enforcers. Someone to stand in the middle of a melee and get the opposition to walk away. Libba is the only one for mine who could do this. Maybe Bruce when he gets back. Where can we get a brute or two?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."