Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    How was the coach Sedat, runs on to the field and hugs Stewart. FFS, I would blast him for letting the whole team down for the next 4 weeks.

Not one thing has been said or written about Prestia's welfare - I hate the media
    David King has mentioned on all his platforms he does not care about Stewart all he is worried about is Prestia
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    David King has mentioned on all his platforms he does not care about Stewart all he is worried about is Prestia
    I think he is the only one
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he is the only one
    Yeah, few and far between.

Post Thanks / Like

Should have got a week for pulling Naughton's hair - Sicily is a grub
    Maybe for whacking Marra, but a fine for removing a headband is the dumbest shit ever, and I think Sicily is a knob

5. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Maybe for whacking Marra, but a fine for removing a headband is the dumbest shit ever, and I think Sicily is a knob
    I was joking, but it was a silly thing to do
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I can't believe he copped a fine for that.
    Yeah, agree. Childish and stupid yes, fineable no way.

What ever happened Sicily came out of that game looking like a complete goose. He really needs to pull his head in.

Post Thanks / Like

How was the coach Sedat, runs on to the field and hugs Stewart. FFS, I would blast him for letting the whole team down for the next 4 weeks.

Not one thing has been said or written about Prestia's welfare - I hate the media
    Chris Scott has rat cunning, I'll begrudgingly give him that. He read the play and framed the 'good bloke having a bad moment' narrative, which the morons in the media dutifully gobbled up.

The way the media has fawned over Scott and Stewart has been nauseating this week. They alternate between boot-licking sycophant mode and click-bait faux-outrage mode. Just an all-round grubby profession devoid of any personal pride.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Chris Scott has rat cunning, I'll begrudgingly give him that. He read the play and framed the 'good bloke having a bad moment' narrative, which the morons in the media dutifully gobbled up.

The way the media has fawned over Scott and Stewart has been nauseating this week. They alternate between boot-licking sycophant mode and click-bait faux-outrage mode. Just an all-round grubby profession devoid of any personal pride.
    I've really switched off, well further than I already had the past year or so.

What comes out of ex-players mouths for the most part is drivel, and like the Canberra Press pack the non-ex-player media folks are either running an agenda to curry favour with the government of the day (the AFL), or swing between mindless fluff pieces or salacious click bait.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I've really switched off, well further than I already had the past year or so.

What comes out of ex-players mouths for the most part is drivel, and like the Canberra Press pack the non-ex-player media folks are either running an agenda to curry favour with the government of the day (the AFL), or swing between mindless fluff pieces or salacious click bait.
    Jason Bennett is pretty good imo. He's been MC at a couple of Charles Sutton medals he's a consummate pro and doesn't get sucked into the nauseating fart sniffing that goes on with the ex-players.

Need more of his type. Get the English guy from the VFL call on the weekend he was great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I'm sure it wasn't just for the headband but it included all the wrestling and shoving Sicily did just before that ripping Naughty's jumper in two.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a fair focus in the media at the moment for a send off rule.
    If Richmond had won that game would it have so much vigor behind it?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If Richmond had won that game would it have so much vigor behind it?
    Pass on the send off rule.

How many times in the past few years would we have needed it? 3 to 5 at most.

My concern is once it is in, umpires (whoever) may start dishing it out more often that it is needed.

Having a 2 card system would also be a recipe for an epic CF.

Post Thanks / Like

Send off rule would be over interpreted and ruin games, just like every other rule carrying a harsh penalty.

How about instead folding the “standard” 12-day concussion protocol on top of any suspension for an incident where the player is concussed? Seems to me to be total bullshit that Preuss can play this week but English can’t, for example.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

17. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Send off rule would be over interpreted and ruin games, just like every other rule carrying a harsh penalty.

How about instead folding the “standard” 12-day concussion protocol on top of any suspension for an incident where the player is concussed? Seems to me to be total bullshit that Preuss can play this week but English can’t, for example.
    Not a bad suggestion. On the flip side though you could have the Prestia V Stewart example.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Yet no annoyance about only 4 weeks for Stewart.

On one hand the act he did was so heinous and horrible that he should have been sent off immediately and Geelong made to play a player short, on the other it's only worth less than 20% of a finals season.

I don't know why (aside from cOnTEnT) there is a discussion over red cards when any kind of genuinely dangerous or malicious act in the AFL generally gets under penalised by the tribunal.

And then there is the matter of what earns a red card and how badly the AFL can stuff up the interpretation. Stewarts was technically in play (I mean grey area enough) so for those arguing it's only for clear off the ball incidents does that mean the incident that is the catalyst for change doesn't even qualify? Where is the hypothetical poorly interpreted line?

I'm not against the intention of the change I just don't want to see the execution massacred again when the real solution is to just really penalise these guys at the tribunal imo.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

20. Likes bornadog liked this post