Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

It's a Bulldog player hurt so if history serves me correctly you take off 1 to 2 weeks for that. Won't even be looked at or a fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's what forwards should do to defenders.

Nothing to see, don't get in their way.
    Yeah smack them in their head
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yeah smack them in their head
    Ha.

Well he braced for impact as Keath moved into his leading lane to prevent him getting the ball, he legally could've stuck his knee up which would've caused more damage.

All fair in love and war, Keath knew it was a dangerous move. Courageous stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha.

Well he braced for impact as Keath moved into his leading lane to prevent him getting the ball, he legally could've stuck his knee up which would've caused more damage.

All fair in love and war, Keath knew it was a dangerous move. Courageous stuff.
    Harry McKay has copped 1 week for a similar incident. I think Lynch had a choice.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lynch could have raised his arms to take the mark like players do in the same circumstances all day during games. He chose not to, and took the player out instead.

Yes he was looking at the ball, but his intent was to impact the man. We have to stop making excuses for people if we want to limit the risk, which is what we should be doing.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes bornadog, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Yeh I think they'll excuse it as a football action despite the fact he didn't contest the ball and dropped his shoulder, directly causing a concussion.
    I hate to say This but Lynch will get off as the afl trubunal hates us

This incident should be used as a concussiom case, and Lynch should get 2 weeks minimum. Keath is going to be out for at least 2 , and hoping no lingering side effects... but i fear the worst to allow for player welfare.

Post Thanks / Like

Won't really matter in the end as Lynch has a broken foot and will miss more than whatever the suspension would be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Won't really matter in the end as Lynch has a broken foot and will miss more than whatever the suspension would be.
    Hardwick had a go at journos in the press conference virtually telling them that they are liars about the incident. Now it is going to tribunal gives me some satisfaction, because Lynch is a sniper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Lynch could have raised his arms to take the mark like players do in the same circumstances all day during games. He chose not to, and took the player out instead.

Yes he was looking at the ball, but his intent was to impact the man. We have to stop making excuses for people if we want to limit the risk, which is what we should be doing.
    Should've just stuck the knee in as hard as he could've. That's a fair move for some reason.

I'd take shoulder over knee any day.

Post Thanks / Like

Should've just stuck the knee in as hard as he could've. That's a fair move for some reason.

I'd take shoulder over knee any day.
    This is a weird hill you're choosing to die on GG.
    "It's over. It's all over."

13. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    This is a weird hill you're choosing to die on GG.
    Ha - hardly dying.

If you take your eyes off the ball and run back with the flight into the path of the biggest guy on the ground do you think there's some personal responsibility there or just Lynch is a big meany and we should all play nice?

I've been injured with crazy defenders doing that. Until I learnt to use my knee. They don't do it again.

Personally I don't think he did too much wrong his momentum was going forward he had to brace for the guy recklessly running back towards him.

Possibly the leaving the ground will get him in trouble though I'd be leaning more towards a free only.

Keath really lost his head for a second there.

What do you think EW? Gone ski?

Post Thanks / Like

Ha - hardly dying.

If you take your eyes off the ball and run back with the flight into the path of the biggest guy on the ground do you think there's some personal responsibility there or just Lynch is a big meany and we should all play nice.

I've been injured with crazy defenders doing that. Until I learnt to use my knee. They don't do it again.
    All Lynch had to do was go for the footy like players do in marking contests all the time.

It's weird that you think not using a knee to hurt someone is justification enough to bump someone to hurt them.

Post Thanks / Like

All Lynch had to do was go for the footy like players do in marking contests all the time.

It's weird that you think not using a knee to hurt someone is justification enough to bump someone to hurt them.
    I'm saying if he lifts his arms and knee and cops the completely unaware guy running back with the flight in the face he's going to be doing far more damage.

How is it weird?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm saying if he lifts his arms and knee and cops the completely unaware guy running back with the flight in the face he's going to be doing far more damage.

How is it weird?
    It's weird because you're somehow (or seem to be) using that he didn't do that as an excuse not to punish him for bumping a vulnerable player instead of going for the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

It's weird because you're somehow (or seem to be) using that he didn't do that as an excuse not to punish him for bumping a vulnerable player instead of going for the ball.
    Ah ok, no I'm not.

I'm simply saying I thought he braced for impact and the careless one was Keath in that situation.

He left the ground which maybe will get him into trouble.

Defenders running back with the flight instigate these collisions.

He was totally unaware and should've turned to protect himself.

I'd love to see Lynch get weeks as much as anyone and hate seeing concussion however you have a duty of care to yourself when you're out there.

If Lynch opens himself up as you suggest he gets injured by the crazy guy running back like a meat head.

So you either turn, or lift a knee.

Action or outcome here?