Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I simply cannot understand how he gets off.
    Bigger name player from big club vs no name player from small club.

Simples.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Bigger name player from big club vs no name player from small club.

Simples.
    No name?!

3. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    That is unbelievable. Rampe clearly accelerates into a vulnerable player.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/982264/t...on-boyd-tackle
    Dogs have lost 3 players to concussion this season, and all 3 opposition players sent to the tribunal for these hits have gotten off
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes The bulldog tragician, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Dogs have lost 3 players to concussion this season, and all 3 opposition players sent to the tribunal for these hits have gotten off
    The head is sacrosanct. Must protect the players by changing player behaviour.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, this is comical. New vision comes out which proves Rampe was just defending and it was McNeil's fault. It's the same vision, he b-lines straight for McNeil, takes him out of play and continues. He didn't mean to inflict the damage, sure, but he chose to put a hard block and one of our players is now suffering from concussion. It's laughable. Hopefully McNeil apologises to Rampe.

Post Thanks / Like

The Dogs should be able to appeal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I was listening to Zimmerman describing how they eventually diagnosed the concussion to McNeil after the game and how serious our medical teams takes concussion when I received a message from a mate that Rampe had been cleared. Ironic isn't it?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Haha, this is comical. New vision comes out which proves Rampe was just defending and it was McNeil's fault. It's the same vision, he b-lines straight for McNeil, takes him out of play and continues. He didn't mean to inflict the damage, sure, but he chose to put a hard block and one of our players is now suffering from concussion. It's laughable. Hopefully McNeil apologises to Rampe.
    So comical.

You can run into a player off the ball, concuss them and no penalty, yet if you tackle a player with the ball who won't let the ball go and free there arm to brace a fall, but instead prefer to be taken down and get concussed and you cop a 1 or 2 week penalty.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes jeemak, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So as I understand it, the AFL's tribunal has ruled that picking off a player behind play is now perfectly legal as long as the player being hit slightly deviates off a straight line.

Barry Hall, Dermot Brereton, David Rhys Jones and other thugs and snipers would have loved this.
    Footscray member since 1980.

15. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is pretty niche content but apropos of the league okaying blokes nowhere near the contest being concussed the coronial inquest into the death of Shane Tuck starts today and anyone interested can view proceedings via this link which'll first ask you to download an app called Webex to tune in.

Am told counsel assisting will give the opening address from 3:00 - 5 PM then the broadcast will resume at 8:00 PM to hear an American expert give evidence on CTE management.

Imagine the AFEL will be particularly keen observers here ...
    BORDERLINE FLYING

17. Thanks Grantysghost, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I simply cannot understand how he gets off.
    He's slamming into the back of someone unaware that contact could happen. It's baffling that the AFL is condoning this action when there is zero proof that McNeil changed direction.

19. Likes bornadog, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We get absolutely shafted in the current system.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

Luke Beveridge said a lot by saying nothing in todays press conference; other than I will refain as I will get into a lot of trouble otherwise!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Luke Beveridge said a lot by saying nothing in todays press conference; other than I will refain as I will get into a lot of trouble otherwise!
    He did say he contacted the whiteboard to inquire about it's health and the MRO was happy that he showed genuine concern.

Post Thanks / Like

I see Touk Miller has been cleared from the complaint of attacking Dayne Zorko's groin area.
    At least the NRL suspended John 'Stink Fist' Hopoate for his repeated efforts.

Apparently interim Suns coach Stephen King nominated Zorko as a dangerous Brisbane Lions player before the game and as a leader Touk Miller decided to take matters into his own hands.