Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Disgraceful from Port

Both Aliir Aliir and Lachie Jones have now been put in the concussion protocol and will miss this week v Geelong. Port Adelaide have been issued with a please explain by the AFL after Aliir was not given a SCAT5 test after his head knock
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Disgraceful from Port
    Wow. What player would want to go there and be treated like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Wow. What player would want to go there and be treated like that.
    They'll be held into account for sure. You read our report on Keath and they just used footage to determine not to bring him back on. The vision of Alir is brutal and that alone should have been enough to take him out of the game. It's extremely negligent in this current environment.

4. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    They'll be held into account for sure. You read our report on Keath and they just used footage to determine not to bring him back on. The vision of Alir is brutal and that alone should have been enough to take him out of the game. It's extremely negligent in this current environment.
    With a billion dollar brain injury law suit sitting there, if the AFEL don’t send a brutal message to everyone then they are truly dumb. This will be used as evidence as it is in the case, but the AFEL need to show they are not complicit in it. I’m thinking deregistering the doctor’s AFEL accreditation and a $500,000 fine (50% suspended) in bringing the game into disrepute. I’d also hit Hinkley with some sort of a sanction too to send a message to coaches that they need to be even more forceful in similar circumstances, not just take the initial word of the doctor.

I can’t believe Port would expose themselves legally and the AFEL with such absolute recklessness. They’re literally under the microscope if an army of lawyers and then they, on national tv, demonstrate the exact sports medical malpractice being claimed/alleged they’ve been guilty of. The lawyers on the players side couldn’t have wished for a such a smoking gun being served on a platter.

Plus WorkSafe SA should have a look at it too. What’s the point of specific industry OH&S safety protections if Port decide they don’t want to adhere to them?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    With a billion dollar brain injury law suit sitting there, if the AFEL don’t send a brutal message to everyone then they are truly dumb. This will be used as evidence as it is in the case, but the AFEL need to show they are not complicit in it. I’m thinking deregistering the doctor’s AFEL accreditation and a $500,000 fine (50% suspended) in bringing the game into disrepute. I’d also hit Hinkley with some sort of a sanction too to send a message to coaches that they need to be even more forceful in similar circumstances, not just take the initial word of the doctor.

I can’t believe Port would expose themselves legally and the AFEL with such absolute recklessness. They’re literally under the microscope if an army of lawyers and then they, on national tv, demonstrate the exact sports medical malpractice being claimed/alleged they’ve been guilty of. The lawyers on the players side couldn’t have wished for a such a smoking gun being served on a platter.

Plus WorkSafe SA should have a look at it too. What’s the point of specific industry OH&S safety protections if Port decide they don’t want to adhere to them?
    Time to have independent doctors at all games

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They have form as well. Last season Jonas and Butters had a head clash that was definitely assess worthy late in a close game and they put them both straight back out there.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

10. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Time to have independent doctors at all games
    I could see the AFEL giving this a long look.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I see Touk Miller has been cleared from the complaint of attacking Dayne Zorko's groin area.
    At least the NRL suspended John 'Stink Fist' Hopoate for his repeated efforts.

Apparently interim Suns coach Stephen King nominated Zorko as a dangerous Brisbane Lions player before the game and as a leader Touk Miller decided to take matters into his own hands.
    Zorko has broken the players code to attack Miller.

I find it very rich from one of the dirtiest players of the past decade. Zorko has seven penalties for striking, eye gouging, four misconduct charges and a fine for staging.

And all this given the league is unbelievably soft on suspending players, and Zorko has had loads of elbows, jumper punches, dropping of knees where the league has been lenient with him and ignored it.

13. Likes Mofra, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Zorko has broken the players code to attack Miller.

I find it very rich from one of the dirtiest players of the past decade. Zorko has seven penalties for striking, eye gouging, four misconduct charges and a fine for staging.

And all this given the league is unbelievably soft on suspending players, and Zorko has had loads of elbows, jumper punches, dropping of knees where the league has been lenient with him and ignored it.
    I'm no Zorko fan and he has previous form with unsavoury acts as you've rightly pointed out, but he has every right to be dirty about the treatment he copped on the weekend from Miller. That shit is on the extreme end of unsavoury - it is totally not on and potentially very dangerous.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'm no Zorko fan and he has previous form with unsavoury acts as you've rightly pointed out, but he has every right to be dirty about the treatment he copped on the weekend from Miller. That shit is on the extreme end of unsavoury - it is totally not on and potentially very dangerous.
    Whilst agree something like that is a dirty act, not sure if clear cut from vision.

See here

The reason I have doubts is if someone grabbed you by the nuts the way it is described, the pain would be pretty bad, but Zorko seems to be ok when he springs up off the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Whilst agree something like that is a dirty act, not sure if clear cut from vision.

See here

The reason I have doubts is if someone grabbed you by the nuts the way it is described, the pain would be pretty bad, but Zorko seems to be ok when he springs up off the ground.
    We've all played footy and when the hand accidentally comes into close proximity with that particular part of the opposition's anatomy, you move your hand away in a nanosecond. Miller's hand lingered around there longer than 'The Irishman'
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

17. Thanks Bulldog Revolution thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Miller out for one match

Post Thanks / Like

Miller out for one match
    Odd it wasn’t handed down at the tribunal.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

First the bump. Now the squirrel grip.

Nothing's sacred.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

21. Likes EasternWest, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    First the bump. Now the squirrel grip.

Nothing's sacred.