Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I think it was our first suspension for the season, so I'm not sure there is a conspiracy against us. Watching again it was a 50/50 call, I'm not outraged.

However I have no idea how McCartin got off, chose to bump and fractured McAdam's cheekbone.
    McNeil was concussed by Rampe, and Rampe got off. Over the years we have been dudded by ridiculous decisions.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    McNeil was concussed by Rampe, and Rampe got off. Over the years we have been dudded by ridiculous decisions.
    Although that decision was strange it didn?t disadvantage us in any way whatsoever.

I bet every clubs supporters could complain about certain MRO decisions over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Although that decision was strange it didn?t disadvantage us in any way whatsoever.

I bet every clubs supporters could complain about certain MRO decisions over the years.
    But if it wasn't McNeil and was someone from a big club with any sort of profile it might've been a bit of a different story.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m still bitter about Todd Curley.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    I’m still bitter about Todd Curley.
    I’m still bitter over Chris Grant.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Sedat, azabob, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And Redpath.

8. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I’m still bitter over Chris Grant.
    At the risk of shooting Bambi's mother, I watched that incident again recently and I reckon that was definitely suspendable.

It's the fact that it didn't happen via the correct channels that remains an outrage.
    "It's over. It's all over."

10. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    At the risk of shooting Bambi's mother, I watched that incident again recently and I reckon that was definitely suspendable.

It's the fact that it didn't happen via the correct channels that remains an outrage.
    Suspendable during that era though?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Suspendable during that era though?
    It was a free kick nothing more in those days.

Are we surprised Carlton involved? Look at Cripps getting off surprise surpise.

In fact I saw the Collingwood ruck smack Phillips in the face last nice and that was similar and worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

While I agree that it would now be a suspension, it wasn't a lot different to the incident this year with Van Rooyen. Van Rooyed got off on appeal.

If we compare Chris Grant with the incident where Chris Judd broke the jaw of (I think) Pavlich and GOT OFF to get the Brownlow we know easily which incident most deserved a suspension.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Maynard sent straight to tribunal apparently from the AFEL GM charging him. Minimum three weeks if guilty. So season over if guilty.

Van rooyen gets one week.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Maynard sent straight to tribunal apparently from the AFEL GM charging him. Minimum three weeks if guilty. So season over if guilty.

Van rooyen gets one week.
    Who the **** does she thinks she is
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Ian Collins?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully someone who doesn't accept or excuse violence, or someone who isn't an apologist for bullshit acts.

Maynard didn't have to ball up and make it count. There were ways he could have protected himself without concussing his opponent.

He only had one thing on his mind when he missed that smother, and that was inflicting maximum impact.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Hopefully someone who doesn't accept or excuse violence, or someone who isn't an apologist for bullshit acts.

Maynard didn't have to ball up and make it count. There were ways he could have protected himself without concussing his opponent.

He only had one thing on his mind when he missed that smother, and that was inflicting maximum impact.
    I have been singing this song for years and it's always greeted with "nah mate split second looks worse slowed down".

Bullshit. If you can ball up you can put your hands out.

I mean, I hate to see Maynard out he's great to watch, but he chose to nail him.
    "It's over. It's all over."

20. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post