Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 17 of 152 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP Thread 2018

Should get none, but the media dog whistling will probably pay off.

He gets pushed as he enters the contest, has eyes for the ball as he enters the contest, is off balance due to the push, and would have connected with the ball had it not been punched away.

At which point is he allowed to protect himself from the guy coming the other way, post the push?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBleed View Post

He gets pushed as he enters the contest, has eyes for the ball as he enters the contest, is off balance due to the push, and would have connected with the ball had it not been punched away.

At which point is he allowed to protect himself from the guy coming the other way, post the push?
    Wow.
    "It's over. It's all over."

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBleed View Post

If you launch yourself into a pack at high speed while leading with a dangerously cocked elbow your safety probably isn't the priority any more.

If your eyes work the 'protecting yourself' narrative is patent bullshit here.

Fine, make your opponent 'earn it', but using a head-high elbow as your weapon of choice, combined with the ensuing damage should make this a pretty easy one for the MR duffers.

I say 'should' ...
    Last edited by Rocket Science; 25-06-2018 at 11:38 AM.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    If you launch yourself into a pack at high speed while leading with a dangerously cocked elbow your safety probably isn't the priority any more.

If your eyes work the 'protecting yourself' narrative is patent bullshit here.

Fine, make your opponent 'earn it', but using a head-high elbow as your weapon of choice, combined with the ensuing damage should make this a pretty easy one for the MR duffers.

I say 'should' ...
    Result is not only being knocked out but internal bleeding. So dangerous and not something we need in our game.

4 to 6 weeks.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Shit act by a shit bloke.

He flew into the contest, realised he was at risk so got in first with one of the most dangerous acts in footy. Elbowed the bloke in the head, knocked him out. He lacked the courage to go for the ball. Andrews showed truckloads of it.

Cameron is a dirty player. Deserves 4+ weeks.

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleeding on the brain is horrendous. Would think it's a 6 weeker. Elbow is a poor choice, should've turned and copped the hit and protected with shoulder. Still might've done damage, using the elbow ensured it.

9. Likes Testekill, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane recently had a player retire due to concussion at age 22 (kid also had a pilots licence which is now useless - he can't get a medical to fly anymore).

Cameron, left the ground and took his eyes off the ball before elbowing an unprotected opponents who was going for the ball.

Andrews may not play again this year and Cameron has a long list of reports that indicate he has form in this department. Needs to be made an example of and given he's been referred directly to the tribunal I hope they do.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

11. Likes Testekill, Dry Rot, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Brisbane recently had a player retire due to concussion at age 22 (kid also had a pilots licence which is now useless - he can't get a medical to fly anymore).

Cameron, left the ground and took his eyes off the ball before elbowing an unprotected opponents who was going for the ball.

Andrews may not play again this year and Cameron has a long list of reports that indicate he has form in this department. Needs to be made an example of and given he's been referred directly to the tribunal I hope they do.
    I really believe the punishment should at minimum be the length of time the player hit is out. So if Cameron got say 4 weeks, but Andrews is out for 7, then the penalty should match and be 7. That will stop idiots like Cameron being reckless.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did plugger get on Craven? Has to be at least that, and perhaps an extra one or two to make an example of this conduct. Big week suspensions 4+ weeks were getting less common, but in the last two years absolute *!*!*!*! acts are creeping back into the game. I don't like it, and neither will parents who will get their kids playing soccer with a stark contrast between the excitement of the World Cup and stuff that Cameron finds himself doing, this especially.

Edit: Lockett got 8 weeks.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    6 weeks.

What shits me the most is all and sundry coming out to say "he's a ball player", "he's not a dirty player", etc. He pretty clearly is a dirty player, because he did probably the doggest act possible in running though a guy showing actual courage. There's nothing tough or cool about running full force at someone with an elbow, its just low and soft, and he should be demonised accordingly for it. If he isn't a dirty player then no one in the history of the sport has been.

The media have an obsession with going soft on the players in the wake of violence or incident, on or off field, belying their job and insulting the intelligence of the fan. It's really annoying and I wish someone would just commentate in a manner fitting of the act, rather than trying to force this false narrative that everyone regardless of action is a good guy because they're good footballers.
    Absolutely agree.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, what looks quick on camera isn't nearly as quick in the play for these players. He was in two minds, play the ball or play the man. He chose the latter and almost caved a players face in.

The thing I struggle with is he could have caused someone to have facial reconstruction surgery because of an intentional violent act. He could have caused a person to suffer a LBI.

He should be derided for the action, he has form.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Cameron had his elbow cocked as soon as he left the ground. He always was going to hit Andrews as hard as he could

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Cameron had his elbow cocked as soon as he left the ground. He always was going to hit Andrews as hard as he could
    Jonas got 6 from memory, and that was with a clean record.

I suspect Cameron will be made an example of, as he should be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I’m sorry - but I think that is ridiculous and way off. Close to a life ban, and probably shouldn’t play again this year?
    I just can’t fathom how you can arrive there from that incident.
    The action was actually contributed to by Cameron being in two minds and half pulling out.
    I've played and watched a lot of footy and what Cameron did is as big a dog act as I've seen.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Shaun Higgins can accept $2000 sanction, misconduct against J Dunkley.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Shaun Higgins can accept $2000 sanction, misconduct against J Dunkley.
    Lucky to only get one fine. There were at least two other incidents, one against the Bont.