Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 23 of 152 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It was a clear swing at the most prominent area of the targets body, not a pushing motion at the upper body or neck area.

Sure he can be shocked and upset he did what he did, unfortunately for him it’s now part of his character.
    he is only shocked because he misses finals.

12 weeks for mine- agree with Whately
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Footy players when they know they are restricted in what they can and can't get away with.

I'm not defending the action though.
    Players have to stop this stupid macho stuff of pushing shoving etc off the ball.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Footy players when they know they are restricted in what they can and can't get away with.

I'm not defending the action though.
    Unless the TV angle is playing tricks, it definitely looks as if they are fairly square in their positioning to each other. Usually this would result in a forward pushing motion to the chest, not a round swinging motion.

Anyway, issues like this rarely result in universal agreement on intent. While I understand where you an others are coming from, this is just the one thing that strikes me as odd.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I'm not with Whateley on this, more with David King's perspective.
    Whately is now nothing more than a shock jock with better vocabulary. He is simply a sensationalist click-baiter now he's on the SEN payroll. Gaff 12 weeks. Jack Henry for the Rishig Star. Lol - these sound bytes are the sort of shit Kane Cornes would say for controversy, but we're all supposed to swallow that crap from Whateley because he speaks slowly in some lame attempt to add gravitas and used to work at the ABC.

I dislike how he is portrayed as some sort of football oracle - anybody can appear sage sitting next to Slobbo every night.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes DOG GOD, Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Players have to stop this stupid macho stuff of pushing shoving etc off the ball.
    Why would the players stop when the penalty is a small fine or a week at worst? If the rule-makers can't do their job properly that's not the player's fault.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't accept if you punch someone in the head it isn't intentional. You may not have intended to break their jaw, but as soon as you throw the punch the question of intent is out the window.

I'm putting him in for 8 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

His good record will definitely come into it, but even with that I’d be flabbergasted if he isn’t hit with 7-8 weeks.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Whately is now nothing more than a shock jock with better vocabulary. He is simply a sensationalist click-baiter now he's on the SEN payroll. Gaff 12 weeks. Jack Henry for the Rishig Star. Lol - these sound bytes are the sort of shit Kane Cornes would say for controversy, but we're all supposed to swallow that crap from Whateley because he speaks slowly in some lame attempt to add gravitas and used to work at the ABC.

I dislike how he is portrayed as some sort of football oracle - anybody can appear sage sitting next to Slobbo every night.
    I don’t agree with Whateley’s stance on Gaff (too harsh), but I don’t agree with your assessment of him being equivalent to a ‘shock jock’. I don’t always agree with him, but I think Whateley is considered and thoughtful and doesn’t fall into just agreeing with the majority of his audience because its easier.

10. Likes Bulldog4life, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would the players stop when the penalty is a small fine or a week at worst? If the rule-makers can't do their job properly that's not the player's fault.
    What I am saying is the AFL has to come down hard on these blokes and they will stop. Of course the players won't stop on their own.

Post Thanks / Like

How did Cunnington get a fine not a suspension? That was a fair old whack that winded his opponent for at least a minute.
    Do fines actually work?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Does an accumulation of fines total to a suspension or can you cop as many fines in a season with no consequences except for your hip pocket?
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I don’t agree with Whateley’s stance on Gaff (too harsh), but I don’t agree with your assessment of him being equivalent to a ‘shock jock’. I don’t always agree with him, but I think Whateley is considered and thoughtful and doesn’t fall into just agreeing with the majority of his audience because its easier.
    Whateley this morning gets a guest on to discuss the truly absurd concept of a 12 month sanction for Gaff. Yep, very considered and thoughtful. Not even shock jock extraordinaire Kane Cornes, or everybody's favourite asshole Damian Barrett, would explore such ridiculous and over-the-top statements for the sake of some additional click-bait.

I hope those 2.1 ratings on SEN are worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Whateley this morning gets a guest on to discuss the truly absurd concept of a 12 month sanction for Gaff. Yep, very considered and thoughtful. Not even shock jock extraordinaire Kane Cornes, or everybody's favourite asshole Damian Barrett, would explore such ridiculous and over-the-top statements for the sake of some additional click-bait.

I hope those 2.1 ratings on SEN are worth it.
    Put into perspective, the guest was Neville Bruns, and I am sure no way Gerard wouldn't have known he was calling for a 12 month suspension.

The kid won't be eating solids for a month, has a broken jaw and loose teeth - the AFL must come down hard on Gaff and less than 12 weeks is just ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Put into perspective, the guest was Neville Bruns, and I am sure no way Gerard wouldn't have known he was calling for a 12 month suspension.

The kid won't be eating solids for a month, has a broken jaw and loose teeth - the AFL must come down hard on Gaff and less than 12 weeks is just ridiculous.
    Why is 6-7 weeks ridiculous? He deserves plenty of weeks - nobody is dispiting that - but why 3 months or more? Apart from the outcome, what part of Gaff's action was any worse than Bugg (5 weeks) and Houli (2 weeks initially, lol thanks Waleed)?

Post Thanks / Like

Why is 6-7 weeks ridiculous? He deserves plenty of weeks - nobody is dispiting that - but why 3 months or more? Apart from the outcome, what part of Gaff's action was any worse than Bugg (5 weeks) and Houli (2 weeks initially, lol thanks Waleed)?
    This is the whole problem with the MRO, MRP or whatever the useless thing is called. It's all outcome based which is missing the point. Intent is what needs to be stamped out. We are trying to punish players' bad intentions. Of course outcome is a consideration but too often we see heavier suspensions for accidents that resulted in injury than purposeful reckless acts that didn't result in injury

18. Likes Sedat, Bulldog Joe, Murphy'sLore liked this post