Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 40 of 152 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    We should have been ready for a hard, fair, even brutal physical contest.

We should not have been prepared and expecting assaults that had nothing to do with any fierce contest for the ball. The ball was not in dispute in these incidents including Himmelburgs. I feel genuinely sickened at the footage.
    Perfectly summed up.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That was a different era and has no relevance to today.
    Greene plays right on the edge and often over the edge. The Dogs players I mentioned did exactly the same - the era is irrelevant, they pushed the envelope and often crossed the line to unacceptable, much like Greene.

I'm no Greene fan but I'm more annoyed at our lack of response yesterday. He'll cop his right whack but his team gets to keep playing finals because they were so much harder at the contest thsn we were (sometimes illegally).
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

3. Likes Dry Rot, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Greene plays right on the edge and often over the edge. The Dogs players I mentioned did exactly the same - the era is irrelevant, they pushed the envelope and often crossed the line to unacceptable, much like Greene.

I'm no Greene fan but I'm more annoyed at our lack of response yesterday. He'll cop his right whack but his team gets to keep playing finals because they were so much harder at the contest thsn we were (sometimes illegally).
    Greene needs to be KO'ed as far as I am concerned. He has punched caleb in the face and got suspended, Kicked Dahl in the face and all that was done was a free kick, but this latest act, is clearly not pushing the envelope, this is a dirty filthy, scum bag act.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

I didn't like the way our players played in the era you're referring to. It was the only thing I didn't like about being a Bulldogs supporter at the time, because without it we could have been just as good as we were and with it we were made to look stupid when we couldn't get it done on the big stage over and again.

It was a different era, and the behaviours exhibited by these players should remain in the past.

Toby Greene is a serial offender, but what's worse, he seems to actually either choose instances where players are their most vulnerable or smaller than he is. His most recent efforts against Daniel, Dahlhaus (you can see a players face in your field of vision when looking at a football) and now Bontempelli prove this.

He is a little thug and the football world, particularly the Giants, would be a lot better if this was just openly admitted. I mean, even Greene himself might have a chance at redemption if it was admitted publicly and the issue was addressed publicly. Can you imagine the impact on his behaviour if the Giants did what they could within the confines of the players association agreement to discipline him - or better yet - work with he and his management to discipline him?

This is a person who is a known violent offender. He commits acts of violence on the footy field often. I am sick of the lenience he is afforded, he should be publicly shamed as the arsehole he is.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Greene needs to be KO'ed as far as I am concerned. He has punched caleb in the face and got suspended, Kicked Dahl in the face and all that was done was a free kick, but this latest act, is clearly not pushing the envelope, this is a dirty filthy, scum bag act.
    Isn't KO'ing someone on the footy field something from a long, long time ago? It's up to the umpires and the AFL to stamp it out and yes it's an apalling rap sheet over a period of time against just one club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I didn't like the way our players played in the era you're referring to. It was the only thing I didn't like about being a Bulldogs supporter at the time, because without it we could have been just as good as we were and with it we were made to look stupid when we couldn't get it done on the big stage over and again.

It was a different era, and the behaviours exhibited by these players should remain in the past.

Toby Greene is a serial offender, but what's worse, he seems to actually either choose instances where players are their most vulnerable or smaller than he is. His most recent efforts against Daniel, Dahlhaus (you can see a players face in your field of vision when looking at a football) and now Bontempelli prove this.

He is a little thug and the football world, particularly the Giants, would be a lot better if this was just openly admitted. I mean, even Greene himself might have a chance at redemption if it was admitted publicly and the issue was addressed publicly. Can you imagine the impact on his behaviour if the Giants did what they could within the confines of the players association agreement to discipline him - or better yet - work with he and his management to discipline him?

This is a person who is a known violent offender. He commits acts of violence on the footy field often. I am sick of the lenience he is afforded, he should be publicly shamed as the arsehole he is.
    He is currently being sued by the bouncer than he smashed up one night at a bar.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Isn't KO'ing someone on the footy field something from a long, long time ago? It's up to the umpires and the AFL to stamp it out and yes it's an apalling rap sheet over a period of time against just one club
    This is where vigilante justice comes into it. When the system isn't effective in influencing the poor behaviour of individuals positively sometimes an alternative type of justice can be.

Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    This is where vigilante justice comes into it. When the system isn't effective in influencing the poor behaviour of individuals positively sometimes an alternative type of justice can be.

Call Raylan Givens to deal with it

11. Likes chef, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I am not condoning it, but that is how I feel - very angry at watching the footage.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not condoning it, but that is how I feel - very angry at watching the footage.
    The AFL and the umpires need to step in and make a stand. The AFL just seems to be more than a little selective in how they apply it.

I'm a bit surprised that Himmelberg got away with a fine, Eye gouging is a whole other story

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to hear our Club come out tomorrow and make a stand to condemn this sniper.
    We know already that the AFL will be in damage control to protect its asset. We know the fawning and defence that the likes of Whateley has had for this pig. We all know what the Giants football boss, Wayne Campbell, would be mouthing if the tables were turned. They were doing their utmost to have Bont rubbed out a few weeks back. Come on PG, announce a presser to out this sniper once and for all.

Btw Himmelberg also happens to be the other player driving Bont’s head into the ground with Greene. Himmelberg was targeting Bont on multiple occasions.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

At least he got kicked in the nuts, and it was because of his push on Dunks that it occurred, so he effectively kicked himself in the nuts.

17. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I would like to hear our Club come out tomorrow and make a stand to condemn this sniper.
    We know already that the AFL will be in damage control to protect its asset. We know the fawning and defence that the likes of Whateley has had for this pig. We all know what the Giants football boss, Wayne Campbell, would be mouthing if the tables were turned. They were doing their utmost to have Bont rubbed out a few weeks back. Come on PG, announce a presser to out this sniper once and for all.

Btw Himmelberg also happens to be the other player driving Bont’s head into the ground with Greene. Himmelberg was targeting Bont on multiple occasions.
    I would have thought we woud have to wait for the tribunal? They are sitting tomorrow night.