Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 68 of 152 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2278

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

This is were the club needs to throw it back publicly to the AFL with video comparisons to say whats the rules here so we can have some consistency.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Surprise , surprise, surprise
    Dahlhaus cleared
    What an absolute disgrace. Once again the afl gets all tough on dangerous tackles then cools off
    Tribunal is in disarray
    Lucky he changed hoops or he’d be sitting in the stands this week.

3. Likes Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Lucky he changed hoops or he’d be sitting in the stands this week.
    That's as sure as pigs are made of bacon
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    That's as sure as pigs are made of bacon
    I thought pigs were made of pork?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

6. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dahlhaus got off because Crouch's head didn't even hit the ground. The issue is the result is still taking precedence over the action. Dahl's tackle was poor, pinned an arm and slung him, but luckily Crouch braced with his other arm and avoided injury. Crozier's tackle wasn't as bad but because the North player was too stupid to brace with his entirely free arms he got dazed and Hayden got a week.

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Dahlhaus got off because Crouch's head didn't even hit the ground. The issue is the result is still taking precedence over the action. Dahl's tackle was poor, pinned an arm and slung him, but luckily Crouch braced with his other arm and avoided injury. Crozier's tackle wasn't as bad but because the North player was too stupid to brace with his entirely free arms he got dazed and Hayden got a week.
    It's the stupidest method of determining a punishment.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    It's the stupidest method of determining a punishment.
    Absolutely. If they don't want the action, punish the action.

12. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watched the video for the first time. My god. The AFL has basically just said sling tackles are ok. They’ve set a stupidly dangerous precedent.

14. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I just watched the video for the first time. My god. The AFL has basically just said sling tackles are ok. They’ve set a stupidly dangerous precedent.
    Its only OK as long as the player doesnt get hurt.....
    *yes they are idiots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Its only OK as long as the player doesnt get hurt.....
    *yes they are idiots.
    It's like everyone else but the MC know that it's the action and not the outcome that needs to be stopped. According to the AFL I could go around firing an AK47 in a public area just so long as I don't hit anyone with bullets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It's like everyone else but the MC know that it's the action and not the outcome that needs to be stopped. According to the AFL I could go around firing an AK47 in a public area just so long as I don't hit anyone with bullets.
    But, you would be in serious trouble if someone tripped over the bag carrying your ammunition, if they fell to the ground and hit their head.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

18. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, Topdog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    But, you would be in serious trouble if someone tripped over the bag carrying your ammunition, if they fell to the ground and hit their head.
    I laughed far more than I should have at this. well played.

20. Thanks Bulldog Joe thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

'Every club is confused': Beveridge wants clarity on 'dangerous' tackles

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge says his club is confused about what constitutes a suspension for a dangerous tackle.

The Dogs appealed the one-match sanction handed to defender Hayden Crozier for his tackle on North Melbourne's Jack Mahony (watch in the player below) earlier in the year but were unsuccessful.

Beveridge questioned whether if that incident happened this week whether Crozier would have had his suspension overturned.

"Croz's suspension stood and that cost the club $5000. I think they halved the $10,000 appeal cost but [what] we're talking about at the moment, whether or not we appealed that now whether we'd actually get off."

Beveridge's call comes after Geelong's Luke Dahlhaus (watch in the player below) and Port Adelaide's Sam Powell-Pepper were found not guilty of dangerous tackles by the AFL Tribunal on Tuesday night.

Beveridge believes there's been a shift in the interpretation of the rule again and it won't be cleared up quickly.

"I think every club is confused," Beveridge said.

"We've got to at some point get to the stage where we stop mid-year confusion and making things up on the run and it's happening all over again.

"There's a lot of grey in it at the moment and I think no one's got any great faith that it will be sorted out in the short term."

The Bulldogs coaching group doesn't give guidance to its players on how to apply a tackle properly either.

"You can't tell them to be careful and you can't instruct them either way because you're not sure which way to instruct them, and that's the shame of it all that we as coaches have no handle on which way to coach it," Beveridge said.

The Bulldogs take on Geelong on Friday night, but Beveridge wouldn't confirm whether key defender Zaine Cordy would come straight back in to take on Tom Hawkins.

"He'll definitely play at ... one level," Beveridge said.

Veterans Matt Suckling and Taylor Duryea will play in a scratch match on Saturday morning, with this being Duryea's first game for the year after battling persistent quad injuries.

The ex-Hawk is out-of-contract at the end of 2020 but, despite the potential of shrinking list sizes, Beveridge believes Duryea's previous work could earn him another contract.

"Taylor's still good enough to play as an influential defender for our football club," Beveridge said.

Post Thanks / Like

On AFL 360 last night they played the Dahlahus tackle and the Bullen-Neal tackle (for which he got 4 weeks) side by side - they were virtually identical. The only difference was Crouch braced with his free arm and avoided hitting his head on the ground and the other Crows player (tackled by Bullen-Neal) did not and was concussed. Farcical.

23. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    On AFL 360 last night they played the Dahlahus tackle and the Bullen-Neal tackle (for which he got 4 weeks) side by side - they were virtually identical. The only difference was Crouch braced with his free arm and avoided hitting his head on the ground and the other Crows player (tackled by Bullen-Neal) did not and was concussed. Farcical.
    I guess it's just going to take persistent nagging by those with influence to make some meaningful cultural change to the way the system operates. Good to see Bevo sticking up for our guys.
    Or Clarko.