Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 72 of 152 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2278

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Hmm I dunno the ball was still live and Jacko popped right back up. I get the sentiment but it wasn't exactly Greene eye gouging Bont.
    A wise man once said objectivity is boring.
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    A wise man once said objectivity is boring.
    You know what was objectively funny? Long trying the same thing like 5 minutes later and collecting Hannebery instead. I’m surprised Hannebery didn’t turn into a dust cloud afterwards.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes Grantysghost, bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought he ran off the square and cleaned him up when he couldve tackled. Pre meditated snipe and he's got form. Fair enough if that's the intent you cop your whack and move on. But you'd have to be blind to miss a guy flying across the ground and laying out one of your All Australians.
    I expect the fact he is pretty damn tough made it seem less than it was.
    I'm surprised with the one week, it may get upgraded. Oh but he wasn't apparently injured ; aha I remember the rules now
    Yes I'm still annoyed ! Bloody aints.

6. Likes josie, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what was objectively funny? Long trying the same thing like 5 minutes later and collecting Hannebery instead. I’m surprised Hannebery didn’t turn into a dust cloud afterwards.
    He got 3 weeks for caving in Sean Darcy's head earlier in the season, not sure what he's trying to prove.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He got 3 weeks for caving in Sean Darcy's head earlier in the season, not sure what he's trying to prove.
    Yeah ever since he put on 5kg he's got a history of sniping thinking he's Brodie Holland.

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was expecting his trademark arms in the air as he topples to the ground move.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Long has failed in his challenge and will miss Friday. What a dickhead.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Long appeal failed too.

13. Likes bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He had the stink of a dickhead going into those contests early, a bit like his reckless dickhead uncle did in 2000. Deserves his break.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched with my brother and just before the bounce he asked me 'do you think Long will line anyone up?' and I said 'nah, you'd hope not, given our history and the fact we gave him his shot at Footscray'.

Lol.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I watched with my brother and just before the bounce he asked me 'do you think Long will line anyone up?' and I said 'nah, you'd hope not, given our history and the fact we gave him his shot at Footscray'.

Lol.
    It was a cheap shot fully deserving of a suspension (lucky to only get 1 week) but I don't mind the fact that St Kilda chose to 'shop early' in their first final for 9 years. I wished we showed the same physical commitment to make the opposition feel like they were in a cut-throat final.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    It was a cheap shot fully deserving of a suspension (lucky to only get 1 week) but I don't mind the fact that St Kilda chose to 'shop early' in their first final for 9 years. I wished we showed the same physical commitment to make the opposition feel like they were in a cut-throat final.
    Yep, agreed. Our response to the hit was pretty impotent. You'd think seeing one of your prime movers lined up for a thug hit would fire you up but not our blokes.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, agreed. Our response to the hit was pretty impotent. You'd think seeing one of your prime movers lined up for a thug hit would fire you up but not our blokes.
    Given the umpires didn't see the high contact it's reasonable to expect some of the players didn't either. Also play continued so it didn't provide much opportunity to fly the flag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Given the umpires didn't see the high contact it's reasonable to expect some of the players didn't either. Also play continued so it didn't provide much opportunity to fly the flag.
    We had another 4 quarters to fly the flag and get physical. Long tried to poleaxe Libba not long afterwards either and again, no response.

Post Thanks / Like

We had another 4 quarters to fly the flag and get physical. Long tried to poleaxe Libba not long afterwards either and again, no response.
    Normally I wouldn't expect too much response for reasons mentioned, on the back of last season's assault by GWS I expected something.