Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 8 of 152 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Good decision I think. Let the team get on with winning the Grand Final but keep having a crack at the injustice perpetrated by the AFL.

Club statement: Katie Brennan

Three principles have been of paramount importance to Katie Brennan and the Western Bulldogs following the suspension of Katie by the AFL tribunal on Tuesday night:

to fight the injustice and inequality to women which afflicts the AFL rules;
    • to give the team the best possible chance of winning Saturday’s Grand final;
    • to do her best to make herself available to assist on field with pursuing that success.
    After the rejection of her appeal by the AFL Appeals Board on Thursday, Katie spent several hours with Club senior management discussing her options.

The AFL yesterday submitted to the Appeals Board that if Katie challenged the discriminatory nature of the AFLW rules, Katie should take that claim to an external court.

In preparation for this, Katie’s legal team served draft documents on the AFL for a Federal Court challenge to her suspension, and a separate challenge against the AFL to the Australian Human Rights Commission.

After lengthy consideration, Katie has decided that in the best interests of the team on Saturday it is best to resolve the matter by not seeking to pursue the Federal Court application.

She will not play in Saturday’s Grand Final but will instead strongly support the team tomorrow from the sidelines.

However, both she and the Club remain resolved to right the injustice and gender discrimination which is inherent to the current AFL Rules.

Accordingly, Katie has this morning filed proceedings with the Australian Human Rights Commission seeking to have her suspension overturned and for the AFL to amend the differences between the AFLW regulations and the AFL regulations to ensure that in future, other women players are not more likely to be suspended than men for identical conduct with identical disciplinary records.

To be clear, Katie is not seeking to play tomorrow. She wants her suspension overturned in time in the interests of justice, and the rules changed to make sure what happened to her does not happen to anyone else.

“I believe my tackle on Harriet Cordner was reasonable and I strongly disagree with the guilty finding,” Katie said.

“It is even more troubling to know that if I was a man playing in the AFL and was reported for the identical tackle, I would not have been suspended and I would be playing in a Grand final tomorrow.

“The fight for gender equality is as every bit as important to me as the Grand Final and the decisions I have made reflect both of those priorities.”

Club CEO Ameet Bains said: “We are immensely proud of Katie and stand by her. Our team will be doing its best to re-pay her faith in them tomorrow.

“We share Katie’s view that her suspension was wrong and we will fully support her challenging the AFL Rules on the basis of gender discrimination.”
    Good on them, what a great statement. I am really loving the whole Us Vs The World thing from all angles in our club, The WAFL team, the AFL team, management etc. I love to see serious snarl in our club!!!

Stick it up em!

2. Likes Bulldog4life, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems Michael Christian has been no-nonsense in the first week. Most decisions seemed reasonable and, dare I say it, on the money for mine. The Crows are challenging the Douglas call, but I think they are dreaming.

Called out another stager. Didn't seem to give Collingwood a free pass (as some worried). Also fronted the AFL website media to talk through the decisions.

It seemed like a positive start. I still worry when one bloke is holding the keys to the kingdom, but maybe it's the change we needed.

The real test will come when a big name (a Brownlow favourite etc.) comes across his desk.

4. Likes Ozza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Didn't seem to give Collingwood a free pass (as some worried).
    Yep, he was brutal on the Pies with Mason Cox - only gave him 1 week when the Pies were hoping he got 4
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Round 2

Jamie Cripps, West Coast
    , has been charged with misconduct against Mitch Honeychurch, Western Bulldogs, during the third quarter of the Round Two match between West Coast and the Western Bulldogs, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday April 1, 2018.

In summary, he can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Western Bulldogs Football Club, the incident was assessed misconduct under the Tribunal guidelines. A first offence for misconduct is a $2500 sanction. An early plea enables the player to accept a $1500 sanction.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What about Rioli putting his elbow through JJ's face?

Post Thanks / Like

FMD ... Sicily offered a single week for intentionally kneeing a prone opponent in the head.

Good thing his surname isn't Redpath.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    FMD ... Sicily offered a single week for intentionally kneeing a prone opponent in the head.

Total joke.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, the MRP. Fined Toby Greene for kicking someone in the face, Sicily gets a week for kneeing someone in the head....

Ahhh, the MRP.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

If the AFL stepped in last year in the lenient Houli case, surely this one is just as bad. Lucky it was Selwood because his head is made of concrete. Because he wasn't hurt Sicily just gets a week. Pfft. He dropped his knee on his *!*!*!*!ing head ffs.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    If the AFL stepped in last year in the lenient Houli case, surely this one is just as bad. Lucky it was Selwood because his head is made of concrete. Because he wasn't hurt Sicily just gets a week. Pfft. He dropped his knee on his *!*!*!*!ing head ffs.
    Dirty act from a gutless turd. How tough is that, the guy is lying on the ground and he does that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    What about Rioli putting his elbow through JJ's face?
    Pretty sure it was his shoulder but still baffling. It didn't even warrant a mention in the MRP report. He chose to bump, got JJ high who was clearly affected, but luckily not concussed. Couldn't believe it wasn't a free at the time. It had to at least be careless low impact to the head. I thought if you chose to bump and hit someone high you would be in trouble?

14. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaine reported and can accept a one match ban for striking Hooker.

This is all we need

Conno McKenna off to tribunal for biting Tory Dickson

Post Thanks / Like

I can't even remember the incident and how does Sandilands get off for his bump What a joke.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Zaine reported and can accept a one match ban for striking Hooker.

This is all we need

Conno McKenna off to tribunal for biting Tory Dickson
    This happened in front of the interchange bench abt 10 metres from me.

Hooker threw about 6 punches which hit Cordy in the jaw and throat, I turned to my mate who went for Essendon and told him Hooker would be having a few weeks holiday for his efforts. Can’t believe he hasn’t been cited. Well, actually I can because the new tribunal is still totally inept and lacking transparency.

Hope the club issues a WTF.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a bigger wanker in the AFL than Cale Hooker?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -