Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 84 of 152 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2278

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

THE AFL Tribunal has overturned Gold Coast midfielder Nick Holman's two-match ban for a chase-down tackle that left Mitch Duncan with concussion, declaring he had not acted carelessly or breached his duty of care to the Geelong midfielder.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    THE AFL Tribunal has overturned Gold Coast midfielder Nick Holman's two-match ban for a chase-down tackle that left Mitch Duncan with concussion, declaring he had not acted carelessly or breached his duty of care to the Geelong midfielder.
    Right decision, otherwise it would be the end of footy as we know it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a waste of everyone's time and energy.
    It shouldn't have been reported in the first place and Christian has lost the plot.
    Surely we have enough umpires on the field to lodge a report if needed and the MRO should only look at things behind the play that the umpires miss.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I suspect the AFEL will ignore the punching of Cody’s nuts to any real degree, say a $2,000 fine. But this is where I think the system is flawed.

Cody gets punched in the buts, and the AFEL get $2,000. Why doesn’t the player with the sore nuts get the money? Why does the AFEL deserve to keep the $2,000? It doesn’t mate much sense.

Yes. $1,000 per testical.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

What about Mundy’s deliberate two fingers in Bont’s eyes?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    What about Mundy’s deliberate two fingers in Bont’s eyes?
    I thought that was an accident
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I suspect the AFEL will ignore the punching of Cody’s nuts to any real degree, say a $2,000 fine. But this is where I think the system is flawed.

Cody gets punched in the buts, and the AFEL get $2,000. Why doesn’t the player with the sore nuts get the money? Why does the AFEL deserve to keep the $2,000? It doesn’t mate much sense.

Yes. $1,000 per testical.
    It was unbelievably sad and dog from Wilson and it should get a week. It’s the second one in two weeks after Mills hit Stocker, so this is a chance to knock it on the head.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    It was unbelievably sad and dog from Wilson and it should get a week. It’s the second one in two weeks after Mills hit Stocker, so this is a chance to knock it on the head.
    Thats what Wilson was thinking.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I thought that was an accident
    In what possible circumstance in a ga,e of footy do you have two fingers out near the eye other than to do what he did? Dispicable act. Worse than what happened to Cody.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    In what possible circumstance in a ga,e of footy do you have two fingers out near the eye other than to do what he did? Dispicable act. Worse than what happened to Cody.
    Must admit I did want to see it again after it happened, because it did look out of place in context of where the ball was at the time.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Wilson will get a week if they consider it to have enough impact to warrant a report at all. It's an intentional action and groin is considered the same level of severity as head high so even with low impact it's 1 week.

Post Thanks / Like

The eye poke in real time looks accidental, just hands and fingers flailing as Bont tries to dish it out. On slo-mo though, it looked bad, a real clawing action.

15. Likes SquirrelGrip, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Look I'm not saying there is anything in this but Razor Ray was the umpire that spotted the goin tap and gave the 50 against Wilson.

He was also the umpire who didn't give Wilson a holding the ball free when he got Hannan pretty good, and was also the umpire that got Wilson for that holding the man free on the goal line, both of which seemed harsh. Could he have been dealing out a bit of karma to Wilson on purpose?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Look I'm not saying there is anything in this but Razor Ray was the umpire that spotted the goin tap and gave the 50 against Wilson.

He was also the umpire who didn't give Wilson a holding the ball free when he got Hannan pretty good, and was also the umpire that got Wilson for that holding the man free on the goal line, both of which seemed harsh. Could he have been dealing out a bit of karma to Wilson on purpose?
    Honestly I hope not.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post

What I thought was even more Razor Ray was taking the Weightman 50 to one metre out instead of the goal line. He just can't not be involved.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -