Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 95 of 152 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2278

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Taylor Walker under investigation for a racial slur in a SANFL game.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ad...50895281b9e4a4
    I really hope this is a misunderstanding.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get that Toby Greene's hit on Dangerfield will be scrutinised by the MRO, but it appears that somehow Selwood's hit on a player has once again been swept under the carpet. How does he do it? Was it just because Taylor got up, and continued to play ? Its about time the intention was judged, not just the outcome.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Selwood's a dirty player and always has been, but it's getting worse as he comes to grips with that step he's lost.

Only silver lining of him likely escaping suspension is that it doesn't really impact on Geelong's chances of winning or losing.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I get that Toby Greene's hit on Dangerfield will be scrutinised by the MRO, but it appears that somehow Selwood's hit on a player has once again been swept under the carpet. How does he do it? Was it just because Taylor got up, and continued to play ? Its about time the intention was judged, not just the outcome.
    Bush league. Will never happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Corey Norris
    @coreynorris9
    ยท
    4m
    Breaking: GWS star Toby Greene offered a 2 match ban for elbow on Dangerfield. Careless, high contact, high impact. Giants will challenge at tribunal. Joel Selwood escapes with $3000 fine for bump on Taylor.
    @9NewsMelb
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable. Greene gets a 2 match ban for a fend-off yet Selwood gets a fine for a purposeful and negligent bump to the head. Absolute garbage!

8. Likes Dry Rot, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why expect anything more from this system. Don’t hurt a Geelong player with a natural footy action. And how dare you hurt a Geelong player by putting your unprotected head into his hip & elbow.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Unbelievable. Greene gets a 2 match ban for a fend-off yet Selwood gets a fine for a purposeful and negligent bump to the head. Absolute garbage!
    Greene's was high impact. Selwood fined as Taylor got up and no damage
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Who is advising the AFL to continue to deliver verdicts based on outcomes of the victims rather than intent? Imagine trying to shoot a bunch of people but getting away with a fine because I was such a bad shot and missed everyone.

13. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is advising the AFL to continue to deliver verdicts based on outcomes of the victims rather than intent? Imagine trying to shoot a bunch of people but getting away with a fine because I was such a bad shot and missed everyone.
    I am not saying I agree, but that is the current rule and the reason Selwood could not get more.

GWS are appealing the verdict.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

But isn't that what happens in society? Do you get the same sentences for murder and attempted murder?

Now I actually think they should look at intent more at the tribunal, but outcomes have to form a large part of the assessment.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    But isn't that what happens in society? Do you get the same sentences for murder and attempted murder?

Now I actually think they should look at intent more at the tribunal, but outcomes have to form a large part of the assessment.
    Well yeah I suppose. But maybe not to the same extremes. If Taylor got concussed, how many weeks does Selwood get. Edit: if Taylor got concussed and it was another player other than Selwood who did the bump, how many weeks is it?

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I hate Green I think he's pretty stiff. Dangerfield slipped as he came in to tackle which caused the contact to his throat. Grubby Green is still guilty of raising the elbow however he would've elbowed his chest had Dangerfield not slipped. Oh well too bad Toby

Selwood makes me sick, not surprised one bit he got off with a fine. Hopefully he's one to count his pennies and the $3000 really hurts
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I guess Sam Taylor’s black eye would indicate some force of some degree.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I guess Sam Taylor’s black eye would indicate some force of some degree.
    The black eye for Taylor looked more like something from the previous week.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured