Sam Power appointed Dogs' new General Manager of List and Recruiting

The Western Bulldogs have appointed Sam Power as its new General Manager of List and Recruiting.

In a new structure, Power will oversee the Club’s total list management strategy, including TPP management and compliance, player contracting, player acquisition and recruiting.

He will arrive at Victoria University Whitten Oval in the New Year having spent the last four seasons at the Carlton Football Club, where he undertook a number of roles in the areas of company secretary, football operations, player talent ID, governance and compliance, total player payments and risk management.

Prior to his time at Carlton, Power practiced law at Clayton Utz.

“We’re thrilled to welcome Sam to the Western Bulldogs, and we’re excited about the impact he can make to this important position within our football program,” said Bulldogs’ Director of Football, Chris Grant.

“Sam brings a wealth of knowledge and a diverse skill set in a number of important areas which we see as crucial to the success of our list management and recruiting.

“As we continue to aspire to be ahead of the game within all areas of our business, Sam’s background in football, his knowledge of football department practices and experience in the corporate world made him an ideal candidate.”

Power played 84 games with the Bulldogs between 2002 and 2007, after being selected at pick 10 in the 2001 NAB AFL National Draft.

He added a further 39 games after being traded to North Melbourne at end of the 2007 season, before spending two seasons with VFL club Coburg, where he won back-to-back Best and Fairest awards.

“I’m grateful for the opportunity to join the Western Bulldogs in this new role, where I’ll have the chance to work with a young and exciting playing list,” Power said.

“It’s great to be able to return to the Club where I spent six years as a player, and I’m eager to work with the list and recruiting team to help the Bulldogs achieve more success.

“I’d like to thank the Carlton Football Club for their support over the last four years, which allowed me to enhance the skills that I will utilise at the Bulldogs.”