Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mission Foods and Western Bulldogs 10 Years Strong today

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne...s-strong-today

Ten years ago today, the Western Bulldogs established a partnership with Mission Foods, which has grown into one of the most significant in the Club’s history.

Since 2009, Mission and the Bulldogs have developed a relationship which goes far beyond a typical sponsorship.

Mission has been a mainstay as the Bulldogs’ major partner for a decade, which culminated in the Club’s drought-breaking premiership in 2016.

“Mission Foods are more than a major partner. They are friends,” said Bulldogs’ President Peter Gordon.

“I was delighted to share moments on the ground after the 2016 Premiership with Juan Gonzalez and to share dinner a few months later with him in his home town of Monterey in Mexico.

“He and his wife Lorena have become welcome faces at our club and our commercial team has enjoyed equally the long-term relationship built with Maria Mitropoulos and the management team at Mission.

“Both organisations have grown and assisted each other’s success over the last decade and we look forward to creating even more memories in the years ahead.”

The Bulldogs and Mission Foods will celebrate their 10-year partnership throughout the 2018 season, with the Round 15 Friday Night blockbuster against Geelong at Etihad Stadium featuring numerous activations in the lead up to, and at the game.

“10 years ago today we announced a ground breaking partnership between Mission Foods and the Western Bulldogs,” said Juan Gonzalez, CEO & President of Mission Foods.

“I am proud to say that 10 years on that partnership has solidified into more than just business – Mission Foods and the Western Bulldogs are family.

“The last decade has been an amazing journey for both businesses and our loyal fan base, culminating with the premiership win in 2016, and with the extension of our partnership we’re certainly excited about what the future holds.”

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mission Foods and Western Bulldogs 10 Years Strong today

The media writing folk missed an easy chance to go all out Sgt Peppers with a start like that to the article.

But may there be another few decades.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I read that they had showings of the grand final win for the entire workforce atone of their factorys in Mexico. During work hours they watched it in shifts.

I'd have given anything to have been there to watch them watching it. There's an episode of Gogglebox I would watch.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I read that they had showings of the grand final win for the entire workforce atone of their factorys in Mexico. During work hours they watched it in shifts.

I'd have given anything to have been there to watch them watching it. There's an episode of Gogglebox I would watch.
    If they were anything like my Polish cousins, they would have been totally confused.

I showed the cousins clips from youtube and the first question they asked was, "Does this game have any rules?" The boys of late primary/early high school age were really taken with the concept of spekkies (speccies? speckies?) though!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Spekkies I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou to Mission, what a great partner to stick with the club.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes Daughter of the West, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mission. What a great sponsor they've been.

Love their corn chips too. Here's to another 10 years plus relationship and a quite a few more premierships.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Thanks Mission. What a great sponsor they've been.

Love their corn chips too. Here's to another 10 years plus relationship and a quite a few more premierships.

Premierships washed down with corn chips and (duh, duh, dutta, dutta, dutta, dutta) tequila!

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon 10 years is easily our longest sponsorship. With a couple of exceptions probably twice as long as any other major sponsor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I reckon 10 years is easily our longest sponsorship. With a couple of exceptions probably twice as long as any other major sponsor.
    I think 8 years was the previous record. Mission have been terrific sponsors for us.

14. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really great stuff. Mission have been really good to us.

I think this might have been asked before but does buying Misson products from the supermarket help the club?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Really great stuff. Mission have been really good to us.

I think this might have been asked before but does buying Misson products from the supermarket help the club?
    As in does a set % of the purchase go directly into our coffers? No, I wouldn't think so.

But the more Mission product purchased, the more they can spend on things like multi-million dollar sponsorships, so indirectly, it does help the club.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Mission checks their sales at supermarkets near the ground? It must be easy to do,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    As in does a set % of the purchase go directly into our coffers? No, I wouldn't think so.

But the more Mission product purchased, the more they can spend on things like multi-million dollar sponsorships, so indirectly, it does help the club.
    Yep that's the right question. Cheers comrade.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

20. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like another deal done with Mission.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

22. Thanks Twodogs, hujsh thanked for this post