Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

GWS stuffed already in 2018?

I'm sure you are all concerned about the latest news about our favourite non-Bulldogs club - the Giants.

Wilson went to Freo and and now Zac Williams is out for most of this season - they have lost their best two playmakers off the half back line.

Here's a crappy afl.com analysis

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-2...-williams-loss

What do Woofers think?

Will the loss of these two and having an ageing Heath Shaw mean the end of the dashing Giants' counterattacks?

Is their season 2018 stuffed before its begun?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GWS stuffed already in 2018?

It certainly puts some pressure on them and they may be found wanting in the depth on the list.

A lot of their potential injury replacements are not available as they are on the list at Carlton and other clubs.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out, particularly with their weakened ruck position also representing a problem for them.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Going to be big pressure on Leon if they fall

Post Thanks / Like

They stood a lot taller with Big Mummy.

I wonder what their win/loss rate is like with and without him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    It certainly puts some pressure on them and they may be found wanting in the depth on the list.

A lot of their potential injury replacements are not available as they are on the list at Carlton and other clubs.
    Their depth IMO is really patchy. They can cover mids and tall forwards, but losing the two counter attacking backs and say Davis and/or Haynes they will be in real trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

Tomlinson can actually play rebound - I think you can actually cobble a defence together with the right system.
    It remains to be seen whether Leon can get a system going in their absence. I guess Tomlinson plays more rebounds this year, and perhaps if Gruffon ever gets on the paddock he can play HB too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Tomlinson can actually play rebound - I think you can actually cobble a defence together with the right system.
    It remains to be seen whether Leon can get a system going in their absence. I guess Tomlinson plays more rebounds this year, and perhaps if Gruffon ever gets on the paddock he can play HB too.
    Deledio can play there as well if fit. I wouldn't write them off just yet, although I will take great delight if they fail yet again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Deledio can play there as well if fit. I wouldn't write them off just yet, although I will take great delight if they fail yet again.
    If Lids & Gryphone could ever get on the park they could slot in nicely for them. But I don't think they'll be fit, so I hope they are stuffed.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I hope they run the table after dropping round 1, finishing 21-1 & 6 games clear on top, only to see 2016 repeat itself in the prelim with the Dogs upsetting the Tsunami in Homebush.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be surprised if they fell away. They might skip back a bit but I don't think they are stuffed.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd be surprised if they fell away. They might skip back a bit but I don't think they are stuffed.

No ticker.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    No ticker.
    Yup, zero heart. They already had no fight without Mumford and now they have no rebound.

Post Thanks / Like

They'll be awesome and not win the flag. Like last year and the year before.

They're actually better off for Mumford being gone, and can slide Deledio to a HBF. But they've proven they can't win the big one, which is a reputation that holds true right up until it doesn't.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    They'll be awesome and not win the flag. Like last year and the year before.

They're actually better off for Mumford being gone, and can slide Deledio to a HBF. But they've proven they can't win the big one, which is a reputation that holds true right up until it doesn't.
    And don't we know that to be true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Yup, zero heart. They already had no fight without Mumford and now they have no rebound.
    I always thought they rated low on the desire chart. None of the original players they bought in had ever fought to stay in a list or get into a team. They were all superstars who ducked their collective head at the first obstacle. And the second come to that.