Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GWS stuffed already in 2018?

I suspect we'll see a few of their midfielders spend more time off half back, so while they've lost some quality they should be able to cover that part of the ground.

Hard to see them anywhere but the top 4 again, unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I suspect we'll see a few of their midfielders spend more time off half back, so while they've lost some quality they should be able to cover that part of the ground.

Hard to see them anywhere but the top 4 again, unfortunately.
    I'm hoping they aren't automatically contenders for the top 4 but it's hard to see them not making the 8. They just have a bit too much class to see them slide that far.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

They are a club that has attracted an lot of eminently dislikeable players - Green, Paton, Cameron, Whitfield, Davis and Shaw among others. I would like to see them have a good year and then go pear shaped in the finals.
    I am really looking forward to another Heath Shaw meltdown. Tory Dickson pantsing him and Libber exposing his fragile ego are treasured memories for me.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

4. Likes The Doctor, Testekill, choconmientay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Mummys come back might be stuffed with an interesting video getting around.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Maybe Mummys come back might be stuffed with an interesting video getting around.
    I heard about that. While it's from 3 years ago it confirms that some players are dumb arses

Mumford

7. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently the video is 3 years old so it shouldn't really prevent a comeback.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Apparently the video is 3 years old so it shouldn't really prevent a comeback.
    If you're doing lines of coke then you don't usually just quit. Plus he's an assistant couch and supposed to be a leader at the club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    If you're doing lines of coke then you don't usually just quit. Plus he's an assistant couch and supposed to be a leader at the club.
    Leading and coaching the partying ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I am by no means a expert on cocaine but are you saying cocaine users will generally continue to use the drug throughout their life? Wasn't my impression of your general cocaine user but perhaps I am naive.

Jake Carlisle wasn't sacked, Libba wasn't sacked. If it was last week it would be different but I would think the club could forgive it if they were confident it is not still an on-going thing.

Post Thanks / Like

He understands he has let himself, his family and the club down and caused great embarrassment to those around him.
    The above sounds like the old Adam Hills Inflatable Boy joke:

Well, there was an inflatable boy that went to an inflatable school, where all the students were inflatable, all the buildings were inflatable, all the teachers were inflatable. And one day, he got into trouble for bringing a pin to school and the Headmaster said, “you’ve let me down, you’ve let yourself down, you’ve let the whole school down.”
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I've never met an addict yet who couldn't give it up anytime he felt like it. They aren't really addicted, they are just going to have another line and then that will be the last one. Ever!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I am by no means a expert on cocaine but are you saying cocaine users will generally continue to use the drug throughout their life? Wasn't my impression of your general cocaine user but perhaps I am naive.

Jake Carlisle wasn't sacked, Libba wasn't sacked. If it was last week it would be different but I would think the club could forgive it if they were confident it is not still an on-going thing.
    It's usually an upper class drug so it maybe has that impression because of that. But it's the same drug as crack (lower class version) so it's definitely addictive.

How likely someone is to abuse a drug also depends on their surroundings and environment (rats locked in a cage with a drug tended to OD but rats in a 'happy rat world' with company and things to keep them entertained were less likely to abuse the drug). Someone using coke could be less likely to be addicted for that reason.

Post Thanks / Like

If this is found to be true then he needs a suspension in line with what happened with Carlisle and Liberatore regardless if he is a coach or a pending player. It's all bullshit that the media is saying he did this after a season ending injury like it is somewhat understandable and it doesn't matter that it was 3 years ago because he was a player at the time.

If he want's back into the AFL he needs to be suspended for his actions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    It's usually an upper class drug so it maybe has that impression because of that. But it's the same drug as crack (lower class version) so it's definitely addictive.

How likely someone is to abuse a drug also depends on their surroundings and environment (rats locked in a cage with a drug tended to OD but rats in a 'happy rat world' with company and things to keep them entertained were less likely to abuse the drug). Someone using coke could be less likely to be addicted for that reason.
    That makes sense. By the way I wasn't suggesting that it isn't addictive, just that I imagine plenty of people use it without being addicted, like many people consume alcohol without being addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If this is found to be true then he needs a suspension in line with what happened with Carlisle and Liberatore regardless if he is a coach or a pending player. It's all bullshit that the media is saying he did this after a season ending injury like it is somewhat understandable and it doesn't matter that it was 3 years ago because he was a player at the time.

If he want's back into the AFL he needs to be suspended for his actions.
    Agreed. I wasn't suggesting he shouldn't be punished, just that his potential comeback shouldn't necessarily be taken away because of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. I wasn't suggesting he shouldn't be punished, just that his potential comeback shouldn't necessarily be taken away because of it.
    Sorry if it came across that I was challenging that, it certainly wasn't meant to.

I just can't accept that Mumford can waltz back into the club environment if this is all found to be correct. He has to go through the same process as Carlisle and it doesn't matter if he is a coach or a player. I don't think the AFL will ignore it nor should GWS and their sponsors.

18. Likes chef liked this post