Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  49
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has 2016 Ruined Football For You?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    2016 has not diminished my enthusiasm at all

But I am disappointed in 2017, and disappointed that there was another fairytale premiership straight after us

However, since winning the flag, I am trying to become better and having some downtime (non footy focused) in my calendar - once the draft is done, I try to switch off until the games start - or at least thats what Im trying to do
    Our performance in 2017 was a simply terrible defense of our hard won success in 2016, a real blight on the club in my opinion. I've said it before but complacency is a killer and too many people just bludged in 2017.
    That said, I'm far more positive about the way we enter the 2018 season than I was in 2017. At least the players seem up for a good old fashioned fight this year.

I can understand why complacency hit the club and the supporters in 2017 but there is no excuse from the same to occur in 2018. We expect the players to be switched on and give it a red hot go but then seem to think it's OK for supporters to have a Tomic sized level of being half arsed. We need to be all the way in not just sitting on the fence waiting to see if the players will drag us along.

I also can't accept that people use the AFL as the reason why they are still in a funk with their level of interest in our club while resting on (or blaming it on) the success of 2016. We should want and demand more of the same from our club in 2018 and forget the side show that is the AFL.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Our performance in 2017 was a simply terrible defense of our hard won success in 2016, a real blight on the club in my opinion. I've said it before but complacency is a killer and too many people just bludged in 2017.
    That said, I'm far more positive about the way we enter the 2018 season than I was in 2017. At least the players seem up for a good old fashioned fight this year.

I can understand why complacency hit the club and the supporters in 2017 but there is no excuse from the same to occur in 2018. We expect the players to be switched on and give it a red hot go but then seem to think it's OK for supporters to have a Tomic sized level of being half arsed. We need to be all the way in not just sitting on the fence waiting to see if the players will drag us along.

I also can't accept that people use the AFL as the reason why they are still in a funk with their level of interest in our club while resting on (or blaming it on) the success of 2016. We should want and demand more of the same from our club in 2018 and forget the side show that is the AFL.

Agreed. I am willing to allow them one poor season (I know that's not what you were saying but now we are talking about me )where they may have read the press and attached some tickets to themselves. I can understand that but I won't be so understanding if it happens again. It's like a dropped catch in cricket, we forget about last season and concentrate on the next one.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

3. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The AFL has not affected my passion for the club. My point is simply if the bulldogs don't exist then neither will the AFL. I only have interest in the sport because of the bulldogs.

5. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The AFL has not affected my passion for the club. My point is simply if the bulldogs don't exist then neither will the AFL. I only have interest in the sport because of the bulldogs.
    I would still love the game, but most likely would rarely attend and wouldn't follow another club.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Think that’s impressive, ask him how he parted the sea!
    Meh! I'm far more impressed with the like/thanks thingy. Remi tricked the Internet, now that is a miracle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I would still love the game, but most likely would rarely attend and wouldn't follow another club.
    Would you get involved in local footy perhaps?

I always thought that's what would happen with me when we won a flag but I want more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Would you get involved in local footy perhaps?

I always thought that's what would happen with me when we won a flag but I want more.
    Of course I want more. We have a lot of catching up to do.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The game itself is the best around. The AFL is another story.

Post Thanks / Like

I am really looking forward to the season. Last year was a big disappointment and we have something to prove. I was certain at the end of 2016 that we had a good chance to go back-to-back with so many injured/unavailable players ready to come back. Alas ... what's that thing about chickens and hatching?
    I do approach games a bit differently now I think. I expect to win just about every game so when we win maybe my euphoria is diminished a bit. And conversly, when we lose, my disappointment is intensified especially if we drop a game against inferior opposition. For example, losing that game to Melbourne last year and dropping the last three games of the season was a bitter pill to swallow.
    I am expecting a huge year from our players, especially from those who were down last year.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the 2016 prelim again this morning. The Stringer to Dickson pass still gives me goosebumps

Footy was only enhanced by our magnificent triumph because I want that feeling again and I don't care who it's against or how!
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I watched the 2016 prelim again this morning. The Stringer to Dickson pass still gives me goosebumps

Footy was only enhanced by our magnificent triumph because I want that feeling again and I don't care who it's against or how!

Even though I was only watching in TV Stringer to Dickson is one of the greatest moments of my barracking career. Of my life actually.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

Even though I was only watching in TV Stringer to Dickson is one of the greatest moments of my barracking career. Of my life actually.
    I knew there was only about 30 or so seconds left (my mate kept texting me the time left), and as Stringer kicked it and the ball floated through the air towards Dickson, I agree it was the greatest moment. Knowing we were in the Grand Final, what a feeling. I didn't even see Dickson kick the ball, I was still jumping up and down.

I want that moment again.

Post Thanks / Like

Remi, how did you like and thank the same post mate? It only ever lets me do one or the other for one post.
    It wouldn’t like you for some reason ( maybe it’s an arsenal thing ) so I pressed thanks .
    Two, I’m a tech Neanderthal so got NFI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Think that’s impressive, ask him how he parted the sea!
    Can I like and thank this post . Bit hard to part the sea, when I’m splitting the atom . Being a bloke I can’t multitask

Post Thanks / Like

It would be great to win a PF at the MCG and put that curse to bed too.

19. Likes bornadog liked this post