Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
I found out when I read the Sun Newpaper....as it was called then...at work. Front page....I was stunned and a knot developed in my stomach. I rang the Club to see if it was true. I was working in St. Albans in those days.There was no answer. I followed it closely on the radio. Eventually as time went on I received a receipt book from the Club as I expressed my desire to collect money for our campaign. I started raising money. I hit up "every " shop in St.Albans. Not all were responsive but most were. Luckily I knew most of the owners of the businesses. I managed to collect $5,000 during that time. I will always remember the European and Asian shop owners...most knowing little or nothing about the AFL...contributing monies to save the doggies. The rest is history.
Great stuff B4L. Yeah there was a thread a while back about the fightback and there were some great posts about it from Scraggers, W W Biscuit, redders70 to name a few. The year I was born 1989 is when the mighty Bulldogs came to life again. We can never take anything for granted and need to consolidate our strong financial position presently. Hoping our membership can surpass last year or be pretty much there abouts again.