Half forward J Bruton K Brennan M Conti
    Full forward D Berry I Huntington N Ferres
    Followers A O'Connor E Kearney K Lamb
    Interchange T Ernst B Hunt A Utri
    A Gogos H Wildes
    Emergencies E Mackie K Rennie
    IN B. Hunt, H. Wildes
    OUT D. Bannister, E. Mackie

It would be good to look at a few of our players with whom I am very impressed. I am just learning the numbers and don't know everybody yet.

3. Katie Brennan
    Full-forward. She is our captain and a star. Can take a high mark, is a long and accurate kick, can lead out well from full-forward. How good can she get. She will take Brisbane's best defender.

2. Ella Blackburn
    She is talent incorporated. Always gets a lot of kicks. Great short pass, great kick on the run. I got her autograph - on my arm, darn it washed off. She usually gets well over 20 kicks and when you consider how short the game is, that equates to a lot.

9. Izzy Huntington
    Our number 1 draft pick. She is still very young. She has a good size to her. I was very impressed by the way that she moved the last match. Can take a good mark. It will not be long before she and Katie Brennan will be an enormous head-ache for opposition teams.

5. Emma Kearney
    Always gets heaps of the ball and uses it well.

6 or 8 Conti or McLeod
    That number 6 played well last week, according to the Bulldog's website that is Kirsten McLoud. I thought that it was Conti. I'll have to pay more attention.

1 and 11 Lachland and Spark
    I thought that these two played well last week also.

There were also some others whom I liked.

In the last match we did a lot of short passes to position. Space would be created and the player would kick to space where we would lead to and mark the ball. This went really well. Gerard Neesham style play. This was a lot better than last year when we hand-balled, hand-balled and hand-balled and usually stuffed it up.

One thing I noticed from last match is that we do not kick the ball when players are caught in a contest. They usually did a dopey handball that came unstuck. Freo were a lot better than us with the long kick out of a contested pack. I hope we have learned by this. We need to practice the panic kick.

Its going to be hot on Sunday. Hope that the puppies can cope.

The Lions beat the highly fancied Crows last week. We started last year off well, like this year, but fell in a heap.

Sabrina Frederick-Traub is Brisbane's star player 182 cm tall. Lauren Spark might get her or maybe Toogood or Utri might be talented enough to get her.

Its going to be a great match.

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Women's AFL Doggies vs Lions

We have a Women’s forum with this game already indiscussion.

Mods please merge
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.