Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Winter Olympic Games

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Czech athlete Ester Ledecka is now the front-runner for best story of the games.

A World Champion Snowboarder, Ledecka entered the women's Super G downhill skiing. She borrowed a pair of skis from an American Skiier and was the 26th to take the course.

She's the first athlete, male or female, to compete in snowboarding and skiing in the same Olympics.

NBC, thinking no-one outside of the top 20 would medal, named Anna VEITH of Austria the gold medallist prior to Ledecka's run.

Ledecka produced the run of her life to pip Veith by one one-hundreth of a second and claim gold.

At the end of her run, Ledecka just stared at the clock, in disbelief at what she'd just accomplished.

I've attached the video. Its joyful to watch.

Thanks for sharing this here - brilliant story. I'm sure Ch 7 will just show the 50th replay of Hammer's interview with Shaun White instead.

The alpine skiing events have been monumental at these Olympics. Mayer winning the men's Super G while injured was also an amazing run.
    "You've got no fear of The Underdog, that's why you will not survive"
    - Spoon, 2007
    - Western Bulldogs, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing story.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, she attacked those corners like a mad woman. Deserved every bit of that gold medal.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Damn, she attacked those corners like a mad woman. Deserved every bit of that gold medal.
    I couldn't believe how aggressive she was. She did brilliantly to get down in one piece at that speed.

Post Thanks / Like

"Yeah? But no, but, yeah but, or? Oh *!*!*!*! that is me at the top"
    WOOF NUMBER 6