Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

The bont is afl's most clutch player says cornes

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/02/...r-says-cornes/

At the start of the NBA season, the Cleveland Cavaliers were second favourite to win the NBA title, marginally behind reigning champion Golden State Warriors.

A month out from the playoffs, the Cavs' season has been a disaster. They have slipped to the sixth worst record in the competition and have been rocked by player in fighting and off-court controversy.

After a brutal loss on Tuesday at the hands of usual easy beats the Orlando Magic, a fire was fuelled that threatened to burn the organisation to the ground, and the Cleveland Cavaliers desperately needed a win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday.

With scores locked away at the end of regulation, the game was sent to overtime.

Someone needed to stand up and the stage was set for one of the greatest athletes of our generation, LeBron James.

Moments after James blocked Jimmy Butler's potential game-winning shot with 1.3 seconds left, he caught a long pass from Jeff Green, created some space by shrugging off his opponent near the foul line and sank his fade-away shot to end Cleveland's eight-game losing streak, live on national television.

The man they call the King finished with 37 points, 15 assists and 10 rebounds, and delivered Cleveland a much-needed 140-138 victory.

American sports fans have an obsession with the athletes who rise to the occasion and single handily drag their team over the line.

From Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson in basketball to Tom Brady and Joe Montana in the NFL.

And it’s not just Americans who marvel at such performances.

Australians are in awe of Cathy Freeman’s performance at the 2000 Olympics. With the hopes of the nation resting on her shoulders, she sprinted in the 400m to claim the most famous victory. The relief was written all over her face as she broke the finish line.

In the same sport, Sally Pearson seems to have ice running through her veins as she runs flat out jumping over obstacles, clearly aware that one stumble can ruin four years of hard work.

These athletes are worshiped for what they do with only seconds left ticking on the game clock.

Sporting history is littered with examples, and our game of AFL is no different

Two-time Crows premiership coach, and the usually highly strung Malcolm Blight, says he could relax in the coaches box whenever Mark Ricciuto had possession of the ball in a big game, as nine times out of 10 his possessions hurt the opposition, Blight recalls.

Geelong fans loved nothing more than seeing the long sleeved number three from the Cats drifting forward late in a game, usually to mark strongly and kick truly to seal a famous victory in front of 80,000 at the MCG.

Jimmy Bartel thrived in big moments.

Port fans still feel sick when the man who has played the second most finals in the history of the game, Shaun Burgoyne, continually stands up in when it looks like the Hawks are done.

The only consolation for Power fans was last season seeing Robbie Gray win a clearance from a Paddy Ryder behind-the-head hit out, run to 50 and sink the Saints with only seconds left on the clock. That’s clutch.

In the 80’s it was the likes of Brereton and Lockett, and the 90’s were dominated by King Carey, Gary Ablett, Darren Jarman and teammate Andrew McLeod, who won two Norm Smith medals on the biggest stage of all.

For me, with only 42 days until the season opener, the one player who I want with the ball in their hands, when the game is on the line is the Bont. For me, Marcus Bontempelli, is right now the best clutch performer in the competition.

2. Thanks bornadog, Go_Dogs, anfo27, KT31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The bont is afl's most clutch player says cornes

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/02/...r-says-cornes/

At the start of the NBA season, the Cleveland Cavaliers were second favourite to win the NBA title, marginally behind reigning champion Golden State Warriors.

A month out from the playoffs, the Cavs' season has been a disaster. They have slipped to the sixth worst record in the competition and have been rocked by player in fighting and off-court controversy.

After a brutal loss on Tuesday at the hands of usual easy beats the Orlando Magic, a fire was fuelled that threatened to burn the organisation to the ground, and the Cleveland Cavaliers desperately needed a win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday.

With scores locked away at the end of regulation, the game was sent to overtime.

Someone needed to stand up and the stage was set for one of the greatest athletes of our generation, LeBron James.

Moments after James blocked Jimmy Butler's potential game-winning shot with 1.3 seconds left, he caught a long pass from Jeff Green, created some space by shrugging off his opponent near the foul line and sank his fade-away shot to end Cleveland's eight-game losing streak, live on national television.

The man they call the King finished with 37 points, 15 assists and 10 rebounds, and delivered Cleveland a much-needed 140-138 victory.

American sports fans have an obsession with the athletes who rise to the occasion and single handily drag their team over the line.

From Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson in basketball to Tom Brady and Joe Montana in the NFL.

And it’s not just Americans who marvel at such performances.

Australians are in awe of Cathy Freeman’s performance at the 2000 Olympics. With the hopes of the nation resting on her shoulders, she sprinted in the 400m to claim the most famous victory. The relief was written all over her face as she broke the finish line.

In the same sport, Sally Pearson seems to have ice running through her veins as she runs flat out jumping over obstacles, clearly aware that one stumble can ruin four years of hard work.

These athletes are worshiped for what they do with only seconds left ticking on the game clock.

Sporting history is littered with examples, and our game of AFL is no different

Two-time Crows premiership coach, and the usually highly strung Malcolm Blight, says he could relax in the coaches box whenever Mark Ricciuto had possession of the ball in a big game, as nine times out of 10 his possessions hurt the opposition, Blight recalls.

Geelong fans loved nothing more than seeing the long sleeved number three from the Cats drifting forward late in a game, usually to mark strongly and kick truly to seal a famous victory in front of 80,000 at the MCG.

Jimmy Bartel thrived in big moments.

Port fans still feel sick when the man who has played the second most finals in the history of the game, Shaun Burgoyne, continually stands up in when it looks like the Hawks are done.

The only consolation for Power fans was last season seeing Robbie Gray win a clearance from a Paddy Ryder behind-the-head hit out, run to 50 and sink the Saints with only seconds left on the clock. That’s clutch.

In the 80’s it was the likes of Brereton and Lockett, and the 90’s were dominated by King Carey, Gary Ablett, Darren Jarman and teammate Andrew McLeod, who won two Norm Smith medals on the biggest stage of all.

For me, with only 42 days until the season opener, the one player who I want with the ball in their hands, when the game is on the line is the Bont. For me, Marcus Bontempelli, is right now the best clutch performer in the competition.

Was not accurate last season when having a shot at goal though. Everything else he does is A+!

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    Was not accurate last season when having a shot at goal though. Everything else he does is A+!
    Yes Bont was let down with his goal kicking which I'm hoping he puts right this year. Goal kicking accuracy across the board hopefully is something we have been working on over the summer. The game against the plastics last year in Canberra - we did everything right but just could not kick straight.

Bont would say he didn't have the best year in 2017 but was still so important in games.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

6. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    He falls short to other A plus talent in that area and there doesn't seem to be a good reason for it
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He falls short to other A plus talent in that area and there doesn't seem to be a good reason for it
    Lousy technique is the reason for it. There's no excuse for it.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Lousy technique is the reason for it. There's no excuse for it.
    When will we truly rectify this issue of ours?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    When will we truly rectify this issue of ours?

As soon as we want.

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as we want.
    Yeah ultimately the ball is in our court and it's up to us to make it happen.

Post Thanks / Like

We all know that Bont is clutch, but an I the only one who thinks this is a really poorly written article?

It's a history lesson with a throwaway line about Marcus, with no examples cited to back it up.

Not looking forward to hearing from him in the media.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    We all know that Bont is clutch, but an I the only one who thinks this is a really poorly written article?

It's a history lesson with a throwaway line about Marcus, with no examples cited to back it up.

Not looking forward to hearing from him in the media.
    Agreed, i mean surely he didn't read through his copy and think that

nine times out of 10
    didn't look clumsy.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, i mean surely he didn't read through his copy and think that

didn't look clumsy.
    What's worse is that there is editor somewhere who read it and allowed it to be posted. Someone whose job it is to ensure that its of an acceptable standard and let that shit through.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    What's worse is that there is editor somewhere who read it and allowed it to be posted. Someone whose job it is to ensure that its of an acceptable standard and let that shit through.
    I just assumed that no editor ever read it. I can believe that Cornes is functionally illiterate but an editor at least has to be able to read and write surely? Anyone who can read and write would edit 9 times out of ten so that it didn't look so clunky. No editor read that piece, I'm convinced of it. Newspapers aren't composited anymore the computer just lays it out. I bet that article was uploaded straight from Cornes phone to the layout and there were no eyes on it at all until publication.

Post Thanks / Like

I just assumed that no editor ever read it. I can believe that Cornes is functionally illiterate but an editor at least has to be able to read and write surely? Anyone who can read and write would edit 9 times out of ten so that it didn't look so clunky. No editor read that piece, I'm convinced of it. Newspapers aren't composited anymore the computer just lays it out. I bet that article was uploaded straight from Cornes phone to the layout and there were no eyes on it at all until publication.
    Hutchy must have read that rubbish and thought to himself "Its worse than I thought".

17. Likes Twodogs liked this post