Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFLW 2018 - Round 3 v Adelaide

Great game by the girls with things going against them.....including a very one sided umpiring performance. And we can’t take a trick with injuries.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Great effort from girls. I think the umpiring was pretty average. Hope the head of umpires review game coz I thought some of the htb were clearly biased towards crows. Hope Brennan is ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Great game by the girls with things going against them.....including a very one sided umpiring performance. And we can’t take a trick with injuries.
    The umpiring was pathetic - the bias was unbelievable. Hope Katie is ok.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The umpiring was pathetic - the bias was unbelievable. Hope Katie is ok.
    Commentators still found reasons to complain about Erin Phillips missing out on free kicks.

Was a terrific game, decided only in the last seconds.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very, very frustrating to lose that game in those circumstances.

Gee Scott is a fine player - tough and such a good football brain.

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Commentators still found reasons to complain about Erin Phillips missing out on free kicks.

Was a terrific game, decided only in the last seconds.
    We missed some easy shots which was disappointing. Also the injury to Brennan when she had the ball may have cost us, as the ball then went straight up the other end when the scores were tied.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We missed some easy shots which was disappointing. Also the injury to Brennan when she had the ball may have cost us, as the ball then went straight up the other end when the scores were tied.
    Very unlucky. Hold the ball up there and we get a draw at least. Umpire pays the free to Scott and they don't get the score.

Post Thanks / Like

Good contest, disappointing result. I enjoy the games and there is a bit to like about how hard teams compete.
    This competition will get better each season
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we were hard done by the umps. And Phillips was playing for a few out there.
    I think our team plays the better looking football out of the rest.
    Let's hope KB is ok we need her for the season. Conti is a goer and good signs from the rest of the team.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

The quality of umpiring in the AFLW is absolutely dire. It was the same last week where players would always drop the ball in tackles and such when there would be a clear HTB.
    The funniest thing is that getting stricter on dropping and holding the ball would mean that the AFLW would have reduced congestion and faster ball movement but nope gotta implement last touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    The quality of umpiring in the AFLW is absolutely dire. It was the same last week where players would always drop the ball in tackles and such when there would be a clear HTB.
    The funniest thing is that getting stricter on dropping and holding the ball would mean that the AFLW would have reduced congestion and faster ball movement but nope gotta implement last touch.
    I agree be stricter with the frees and it will spread the contest.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Same in the men's games as well.

Should do away with the prior opportunity rule. Football flowed better when that rule was not there. Another case of change the rule without thinking of the consequences. You get pinged you get a free kick against you.

Post Thanks / Like

Erin Phillips is too damn good. She was entirely the difference between Adelaide looking like a contender for the flag and for the spoon.

Blackburn is a better kick than anyone on the men's team. She has that Akermanis deal going where she's the best kick in the comp on her right and the second best in the comp on her left.

I don't think we can continue to pick Lochland. Her ball use is despicable and she badly hurts us whenever she gets it.

Conversely, I think we've got one in Hannah Scott. Reads the play outstandingly, pretty good overhead, and her skills are pretty impressive.

Has there been any update on KB? It looked bad initially but she tried to stretch it out (she's a strength and conditioning professional in the real world so this was pretty encouraging) and was walking around after the game okay.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Erin Phillips is too damn good. She was entirely the difference between Adelaide looking like a contender for the flag and for the spoon.

Blackburn is a better kick than anyone on the men's team. She has that Akermanis deal going where she's the best kick in the comp on her right and the second best in the comp on her left.

I don't think we can continue to pick Lochland. Her ball use is despicable and she badly hurts us whenever she gets it.

Conversely, I think we've got one in Hannah Scott. Reads the play outstandingly, pretty good overhead, and her skills are pretty impressive.

Has there been any update on KB? It looked bad initially but she tried to stretch it out (she's a strength and conditioning professional in the real world so this was pretty encouraging) and was walking around after the game okay.
    Interesting perspective re: Lochland. I thought she looked to be one of the more damaging players when the ball was there, on her terms. Classic front and centre, roving packs, forward pocket play. In an ideal scenario I would play her, Conti and Brennan in the forwardline. Keeping KB and Lochland inside 35m in a Pagan's paddock scenario. Conti can get up the ground and play an undersized CHF a la Bob Murphy early days.

Just need one quick, rebounding defender. Scott looks to be gem. Tough, reads the play well and rarely beaten one on one. Back her in most times I think. It's the next two possessions when play breaks down we need some dynamism. Otherwise, if we are going via the cape with short kicks and leading up, we need Toogood or Brennan higher up the field and taking contested marks.

Territory is super important. More kicks off the ground, dump it as long and deep as you can. The last touch rule has actually had a paradoxical effect on the game. Keeping the footy in neutral zone for long periods of time and lowering scores.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Interesting perspective re: Lochland. I thought she looked to be one of the more damaging players when the ball was there, on her terms. Classic front and centre, roving packs, forward pocket play. In an ideal scenario I would play her, Conti and Brennan in the forwardline. Keeping KB and Lochland inside 35m in a Pagan's paddock scenario. Conti can get up the ground and play an undersized CHF a la Bob Murphy early days.
    She has what I've just coined as "Jaxson Barham Syndrome", where she can get the ball a lot, but her use is so bad that she actually hinders the team by winning possession as much as she does.

She obviously has some nous, but needs to be utilised in a different way. I think with KB potentially missing some time then a role exclusively inside 50 like you suggested might be a possibility.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -