Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Have the Bulldogs gone rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    So the brilliant Tim thinks lack of chatter = nasty streak?
    It's a Germanic approach. Silence can be menacing. You cant tell what they are thinking. Bevo must have sought tips from my wife
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We haven't gone rogue, this is just a typical load of horse manure by Tim Watson.
    To borrow from Mofretti, Bingo!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    It's a Germanic approach. Silence can be menacing. You cant tell what they are thinking. Bevo must have sought tips from my wife

True. My Aunty Carrie scared the toddling twodogs silly but I can't ever remember hearing the woman say a word.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

As we all know a silent wife means something is brewing.
    And as I type this I see an article on us pop up.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

What a load of garbage. I would much prefer silence than "Waite has his best years ahead of him" style of garbage.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/wes...863a98d75f2c91

Western Bulldogs deny media ban on coach Luke Beveridge

WESTERN Bulldogs chief executive Ameet Bains has refuted suggestions Luke Beveridge has put a media ban on himself, despite the senior coach turning away a number of interview opportunities.
    After plummeting out of the eight only a season after winning the 2016 premiership, the Bulldogs have adopted what Bains described as a “nastier” approach in the hope the club can “atone” for its disappointing 2017.

But Bains dismissed the claim Beveridge was avoiding the media altogether.

“He hasn’t decided to put a media ban on himself, nor has the club,” Bains told SEN.

“The club has been really prominent, but the bottom line is, at this time of year there is a need to spread the load, which is happening.

“During the season, the senior coach takes on a lot of responsibilities week to week. Luke has been terrific for the club in that respect in terms of marketing the club.

“He has done a few things in terms of promoting the club through the club’s channels with new sponsors coming on board.

“I’m not sure that’s quite right in terms of it being a conscious decision to avoid the media, I think the club is being very prominent in terms of sharing the load at this time of year.”
    Beveridge is still yet to properly address the departure of premiership player Jake Stringer, who was shown the door at the end of last season.

Stringer was traded to Essendon in exchange for Picks 25 and 30, after Beveridge had made it clear the forward no longer had a place at Whitten Oval.

While Bains conceded Stringer’s exit was somewhat acrimonious, he again dismissed the notion Beveridge was avoiding the media in a bid to distance himself from the trade.

“I don’t think that’s the case,” Bains said.

“I think everyone’s aware of the type of questions the club will get. There’s no hiding away from the fact it was a disappointing season last year after the premiership in 2016.

“There’s certainly a strong determination from within the club to atone for last year and an element of that is clearly results driven.

“From that point of view I think that element is ... fair. There is a really strong resolve to atone from last year.”

7. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We haven't gone rogue, this is just a typical load of horse manure by Tim Watson.
    Don't you mean "Hawk manure"?
    I like Tim Watson cos he said hello to me one day and well he seems OK to me. The media has a job to produce BS/Fake news in a way and I like that he is beating up on a story that we have gone underground and may come out feral. Sounds good to me.
    Footscray Football Republic.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's namure I thought.

In comparison to tge pre season before when we had WON THE FLAG it was always going to seem quiet. Besides the only real news was Jmac and Dalrymple leaving and you're not going to be yelling that from the rooftops.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing “Rogue” is the supplements disgrace your club ran with Watson !
    Actions louder than words , and non stories become a story in the modern afl reporting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    We've locked things down a fair bit. Clearly trying to keep some changes under wraps and maybe create an environment where there is more focus and ability to knuckle down sans media circus. I am fine with it. Excited by it, actually.
    Not necessarily a bad thing at all and might work wonders for us this year.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It's namure I thought.

In comparison to tge pre season before when we had WON THE FLAG it was always going to seem quiet. Besides the only real news was Jmac and Dalrymple leaving and you're not going to be yelling that from the rooftops.
    Definitely namure !!!

14. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post