Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFLX match Saturday February 17, 2018

Meh, I'll give it a pass no interest. I tried to watch it but the commentary was doing my head in and a close up of Buddy in the middle of play was the final straw.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Greene bounced back well with 2 goals and Richards kept at it but we copped a hiding

Do you remember the centenary lightning premiership they had at VFL park to celebrate the centenary of VFL football? I hope in 21 years time AFLX will be a similiar memory. I tried to get angry and upset that we were losing but my emotion doesn't seem to run that deep.

I just sat through Callan Ward mumbling something about training sessions (the boy is called Cement Head for a good reason.) Then the interviewer turned to Brian Griffith to get some words of wisdom from him so I muted the sound. Although I must admit that the prospect of Brian saying anything remotely sensible didn't seem likely.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Meh, I'll give it a pass no interest. I tried to watch it but the commentary was doing my head in and a close up of Buddy in the middle of play was the final straw.
    It says a lot of the audience they are targeting when they conduct interviews of players coming off thew ground or even ones that weren't part of it. Terrible production
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It reminded me of the plastic BBL. GWS should have done well in this. Flashing lights and fart machines are sooooo American 90s.
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon that if we had the option then we wouldn't have even bothered turning up

Post Thanks / Like

Now I know why Trump is building that wall......it is to keep AFLX out.

This abomination has sealed Gil's nomination as worst CEO in sports history.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I reckon that if we had the option then we wouldn't have even bothered turning up
    Yeah would suit me fine if we chose that if there was an option. The pre season will get my interest and sure there are always risks with injuries but at least it's regular footy with very minor tweaks (shorter quarters and the 9 point super goals).
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I get that a lot of people don't rate the contest, fair enough I suppose, but I really don't appreciate our team not performing in any format of the game.

What did people think of Tim English? He's put on some size but he's very slow and this is not a good contest for slower players but he also gets caught napping or watching a contest rather than committing to it.

The standouts to me were the one game performances of Naughton and Richards. Webb was OK but we might struggle to find a spot for him in the seniors. Greene and Lipinski need another pre-season in the gym. Young looks to have added some size.

I'd be very interested to see if Naughton and Richards have the tank to play in the seniors early this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely this will follow the lightning premiership into extinction.

Didnt anyone turn up? Crowd looked terrible.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I get that a lot of people don't rate the contest, fair enough I suppose, but I really don't appreciate our team not performing in any format of the game.

What did people think of Tim English? He's put on some size but he's very slow and this is not a good contest for slower players but he also gets caught napping or watching a contest rather than committing to it.

The standouts to me were the one game performances of Naughton and Richards. Webb was OK but we might struggle to find a spot for him in the seniors. Greene and Lipinski need another pre-season in the gym. Young looks to have added some size.

I'd be very interested to see if Naughton and Richards have the tank to play in the seniors early this year.
    I think we went in with the idea to see how the tank was on these players. With more of a training drill approach. English looks like he is still a year or two away which I understand for big blokes. He does look bulkier so that maybe affecting his mobility. I did like the look of Naughton.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Surely this will follow the lightning premiership into extinction.

Didnt anyone turn up? Crowd looked terrible.
    They did but the AFL in their genius had all of them on the hard camera side so you can't actually gauge crowd size.

It's like event filming 101, have the audience on the side that the camera focuses on

Post Thanks / Like

So we were young but also selected a squad that looked ill suited to playing AFL X - we were far too top heavy Young, English, Redpath, Naughton, Mullenger-McHugh and far too inexperienced

Be inter sting to see what we do in the JLT post this performance

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate you are trying to get into this but to me this was no different to a training drill on a thursday morning. This is not a game of football, it's almost kick to kick.

Rohan Smith even admitted we were treating this as part of the development programme.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    So we were young but also selected a squad that looked ill suited to playing AFL X - we were far too top heavy Young, English, Redpath, Naughton, Mullenger-McHugh and far too inexperienced

Be inter sting to see what we do in the JLT post this performance
    I think will play more experience in the JLT games. Will take the JLT a bit more seriously compared to the AFLX.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I appreciate you are trying to get into this but to me this was no different to a training drill on a thursday morning. This is not a game of football, it's almost kick to kick.

Rohan Smith even admitted we were treating this as part of the development programme.
    I like going to training sessions as well and I also find it frustrating when we don't perform well in those sessions.
    I don't buy into the argument that we should play the youngsters because we don't want players to get injured because I've seen that happen in training sessions and practice games. Sometimes you just have to accept that there will be injuries.
    Clarko didn't have a problem pushing players on the Kokoda trail and accepted that it in the bigger picture the risk was worth it.

At some point we have to expose the players to an element of risk to get the most out of them. I mentioned before I don't mind using the series with a development focus in mind but we should have put a better team on the park.