Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

2018 JLT Community Series Discussion

Will create the thread for our first JLT game next week. No other set threads for the JLT games just the game day one the set threads along with the game day thread are for the season proper. The predictions thread for 2018 will be started the day before our first JLT series game.

2018 JLT Community Series

Saturday, 24 February (2:05 pm) North Melbourne vs. Melbourne Kingston Twin Ovals, Hobart

Saturday, 24 February (4:35 pm) Essendon vs. Richmond Norm Minns Oval, Wangaratta

Sunday, 25 February (1:35 pm) Adelaide vs. Fremantle Strathalbyn Oval, Strathalbyn

Sunday, 25 February (3:35 pm) West Coast vs. Port Adelaide Leederville Oval

Wednesday, 28 February (7:10 pm) Carlton vs. St Kilda Ikon Park

Thursday, 1 March (7:10 pm) Greater Western Sydney vs. Collingwood UNSW Canberra Oval

Saturday, 3 March (2:05 pm) Western Bulldogs vs. Hawthorn Mars Stadium

Saturday, 3 March (3:35 pm) Brisbane Lions vs. Sydney Moreton Bay Sports Complex, Burpengary

Sunday, 4 March (3:35 pm) Gold Coast vs. Geelong Tony Ireland Stadium, Townsville

Wednesday, 7 March (7:05 pm) Richmond vs. North Melbourne Ikon Park

Thursday, 8 March (7:05 pm) Melbourne vs. St Kilda Casey Fields

Friday, 9 March (7:05 pm) Greater Western Sydney vs. Sydney Blacktown International Sportspark

Saturday, 10 March (2:05 pm) Collingwood vs. Western Bulldogs Ted Summerton Reserve, Moe

Saturday, 10 March (4:35 pm) Port Adelaide vs. Adelaide Alberton Oval

Saturday, 10 March (7:05 pm) Hawthorn vs. Carlton University of Tasmania Stadium

Sunday, 11 March (2:05 pm) Geelong vs. Essendon Central Reserve, Colac

Sunday, 11 March (3:35 pm) Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions Fankhauser Reserve at Southport Shanks, Parkwood, Queensland

Sunday, 11 March (4:05 pm) Fremantle vs. West Coast HBF Arena
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 JLT Community Series Discussion

Why do we play in Moe? Years ago we had a connection to Moe when it was in out recruiting zone. It must have been collingwood's call I guess.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Why do we play in Moe? Years ago we had a connection to Moe when it was in out recruiting zone. It must have been collingwood's call I guess.
    They played there last year as well and have recently been down there doing school visits, etc. We obviously got our 'home' JLT game in Ballarat.

4. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Giansiracusa, King to take over for JLT Series
    February 28, 2018 11:57 AM

AFL 2016 Training - Western Bulldogs 150416
    Bulldogs assistant coaches Daniel Giansiracusa and Steven King to coach the Club during the JLT Community Series. (Photo: AFL Media)

Western Bulldogs assistant coaches Daniel Giansiracusa and Steven King will take the coaching reins for the Club’s JLT Community Series campaign, which starts in Ballarat on the weekend.

The Dogs travel to Mars Stadium to face Hawthorn this Saturday where Giansiracusa will lead the side, with King set to take over the following weekend in Moe against Collingwood.

Bulldogs’ Senior Coach Luke Beveridge said it was a great opportunity for two of the Club’s coaches to lead their own team for the first time.

“It is a really important opportunity for Gia and Kingy to take the reins and experience the end-to-end week of being the Senior Coach,” Beveridge said.

“Our coaches have thriving professional and personal relationships with our players and I have great faith that both our coaches and our players will enjoy the experience.

“Unfortunately, with just the two JLT games, Joel and Ash will need to wait until 2019 for their opportunity.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gia is taking over as King?

Where? Here or in Italy or England?

I can see it, he's very regal from some angles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Gia is taking over as King?

Where? Here or in Italy or England?

I can see it, he's very regal from some angles.
    Bevo giving an opportunity to two blokes to run the show. That is what I like about Bevo, constantly teaching and giving opportunities to coaches and players.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bevo giving an opportunity to two blokes to run the show. That is what I like about Bevo, constantly teaching and giving opportunities to coaches and players.
    I wonder who is next in line after Corey and Hansen get their turn next year? Peter Gordon? The manager of the Bulldog Shop? Danny the Banner Man?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh let me. Bugger the game I will just spend the time I am allocated doing some kicking drills.[

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I wonder who is next in line after Corey and Hansen get their turn next year? Peter Gordon? The manager of the Bulldog Shop? Danny the Banner Man?
    You can rule out the property steward, he's already got a coaching gig!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Gia Press Conference

* I am looking forward to coach, very fortunate with the opportunity. It’s an important part of our preparation.

* A pretty strong side we’ll put in, we’ll be going flat out at it. This is our first chance to go up against different opposition.
    More

*The boys have come back with a steely resolve to get better. We’ve put them in competitive situations throughout pre-season.

*Different players, we’ve had some pretty experience players leave but it’s exciting to see younger players set up and play new roles.

*Aaron has a confidence about him, he goes for his marks - we like defenders who go for their marks.

* Toby is a competitive kid & has been since he arrived. Always wants to be better, knocking on the coaches’ door.

* We’ll pick our side on form and if they (Boyd and Schache) are getting a kick and playing well within the team structures then I think we can be quite formidable in that area.

*We got a lot of entries last year but weren’t able to capitalise and that’s been a bit of a focus for the pre-season so hopefully we can show that against the Hawks on Saturday.

* a healthy young squad — which is the fourth-least experienced in the AFL — indicated significant improvement on last season lay ahead.

See full press conference here

13. Thanks Mofra, Dry Rot thanked for this post