Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Sue Clark appointed Chief Operating Officer

Link

The Western Bulldogs have appointed Sue Clark as the newest member of its Executive Team.

Clark will assume the role of Chief Operating Officer, and arrives from Geelong Football Club, where she has worked as Chief Financial Officer since 2014.

Clark’s role will oversee the Bulldogs’ financial operations, as well as major projects and strategy, which include the Club’s Ballarat venture, redevelopment plans at Victoria University Whitten Oval, and venue management.

“This is a very strong appointment for the Club, and we’re thrilled to welcome Sue to the Bulldogs,” said CEO Ameet Bains.

“Sue has an excellent reputation in the AFL on both a professional and personal level, and her experience in finance and stadium projects over an extended period make her the ideal candidate for this role.”

“As well as continuing to build our financial strength, Sue will have the opportunity to help shape the future of the VU Whitten Oval facility and further drive our efforts in Ballarat and the western region, which are some of the Club’s major strategic priorities.”

A highly rated administrator, Clark has spent the last nine years at the Cats in roles which have managed financial performance, risk management, stadium redevelopment, gaming operations, IT and total player payments.

“This is a fantastic opportunity for me to join the Western Bulldogs, and I’m excited by the challenge,” Clark said.

“The Bulldogs have worked hard to position themselves as a strong, financially stable club with some exciting projects already underway and planned for the future.

“I would like to thank everyone at the Geelong Football Club for their support over the last nine years.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sue Clark appointed Chief Operating Officer

Some further info in this article. Must be some sort of record for off-field personnel changes in an off-season.

Dogs poach female Cats executive for key role

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have appointed outgoing Geelong executive Sue Clark as the club's new chief operating officer.

Clark had performed the same role at the Cats since 2014, and replaces Michael Quinn, who finished up at Whitten Oval in June last year.

Clark will oversee the Bulldogs' financial operations as well as major projects and strategy, which include the club's Ballarat venture, redevelopment plans at Victoria University Whitten Oval, and venue management.

"This is a fantastic opportunity for me to join the Western Bulldogs, and I'm excited by the challenge," Clark said.

"The Bulldogs have worked hard to position themselves as a strong, financially stable club with some exciting projects already underway and planned for the future."

CEO Ameet Bains, who joined the club in December, said Clark would be an asset to the Dogs.

"This is a very strong appointment for the club, and we're thrilled to welcome Sue to the Bulldogs," said Bains.

"Sue has an excellent reputation in the AFL on both a professional and personal level, and her experience in finance and stadium projects over an extended period make her the ideal candidate for this role."

With Clark filling the key role, the Bulldogs are yet to announce a replacement for outgoing chief marketing officer Kelly Ryan, who will take up the role as general manager operations and customer experience at Etihad Stadium in March.

The club also has to appoint a new national recruiting manager after Simon Dalrymple defected to Sydney recently.

Post Thanks / Like

There have been some big changes in the off season. Hopefully the playing group can garner some change to the way they play and become a bit more forthright. I want to see us take our opportunities when they present after a year of constantly fluffing our lines I want to get back to that confident beast we became in 2016. I want to get to the Why Not Us team.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These are just normal organisational changes, but what is good is we can now attract some of the best administrators to our club. Guys like Ameet and Sue will only make the administration stronger.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great appointment. Welcome Sue. Would be great to upgrade spectator facilities a bit more at WO.

Post Thanks / Like

Sue your first job at whitten Oval is a decent SCOREBOARD !!
    Bring back the biff

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Scoreboard and public toilets.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that would very good. Is it still the one on the back of the trailer ledge?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Dogs Sue.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff, wish her all the success in the World

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Yeah that would very good. Is it still the one on the back of the trailer ledge?
    Haven't been to a women's game this year to know yet , VFL games is when we will find out I guess.
    I was told last year we would be getting a new scoreboard but the lighting was chosen instead , makes sense.
    I know the facilities manager and IIRC he said they would have a better one this year , not sure if he meant a permanent one or one they roll out when they need it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been to a women's game this year to know yet , VFL games is when we will find out I guess.
    I was told last year we would be getting a new scoreboard but the lighting was chosen instead , makes sense.
    I know the facilities manager and IIRC he said they would have a better one this year , not sure if he meant a permanent one or one they roll out when they need it.
    I heard Peter say recently we are aiming to get a scoreboard and toilets done. He didn't give a timeline.

Post Thanks / Like

Need to get toilets sorted before AFLW GF which we will be hosting in a months time!
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

16. Likes bornadog, Twodogs liked this post