Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFLW 2018 - Round 5 v Collingwood

Loved Emma's effort. Bonnici started it and pretty quickly regretted it when Kearney decided to finish it.

Don't blame me. She started it. I just ended it
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was away for the weekend and only caught the last 5 minutes but we seemed lucky to get away with the win against a pretty ordinary side.

The girls looked a bit spent and I'd rest a few this week with the GF berth locked up.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Was away for the weekend and only caught the last 5 minutes but we seemed lucky to get away with the win against a pretty ordinary side.

The girls looked a bit spent and I'd rest a few this week with the GF berth locked up.
    I agree to an extent and it feels like the girls have been all over the country with only 3 home games this year, but I think going for a win and locking up a home GF is the priority. Then we can rest if needed.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Collingwood are in good form beating Melbourne last week. We missed some easy sots earlier on and gave them a sniff. Their first 4 goals all came from some dubious free kicks in front of goal, including a joke of a 50 metre penalty.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AFLW: Birch cleared by MRP

Western Bulldogs players Libby Birch, Emma Kearney and Kirsten McLeod have each accepted a reprimand after being cited by the Match Review Panel following a review of Sunday’s game.

Birch was charged for rough conduct against Moana Hope during the second quarter of Sunday’s match. The incident was assessed as careless conduct with low impact to the head and was classified as a one match-sanction, but with an early plea Birch is free to play against GWS this weekend.

Midfielder Emma Kearney was charged for misconduct against Britt Bonnici during the second quarter of Sunday’s game, but because it was her first offence, the MRP have offered her a reprimand..

Teammate Kirsten McLeod was also cited for tripping Collingwood defender, Chloe Molloy during the second quarter of the match. The incident was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact to the body. This incident was also classified as a one-match sanction, whereby McLeod can accept an early plea.

For the AFLW competition, a player can accept a reprimand with an early plea. Separate to changes made to the MRP for the AFL competition in 2018, the player can appear before the Tribunal without a financial cost to the club but would risk a one-match sanction.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got to love it, in mens or womens comp, when we beat Carlton and Collingwood in successive weeks.

11. Likes Hotdog60, bornadog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Got to love it, in mens or womens comp, when we beat Carlton and Collingwood in successive weeks.
    Collingwood were coming at us too. I loved that we sucked them in right at the end with the overturned free kick when they were in attack. If they had goaled from that free we were vulnerable. It was only 75 seconds on the clock but we are talking about a bulldog side looking to sew up a grand final spot. Anything could have happened!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite