Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeff Kennett explains white male priviledge in AFL metaphores.......

Obviously the title of this thread is tongue in cheek. Here's the article I'm referring to:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...06-p4z30v.html

I particularly like how pretends not to understand how favourable fixturing and exposure at prime time doesn't work.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jeff Kennett explains white male priviledge in AFL metaphores.......

I think the Hawks should be relocated to Launceston and give Tassie a football team they deserve.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think the Hawks should be relocated to Launceston and give Tassie a football team they deserve.

Geez that's a bit rough. What have Tassie done to have Hawthorn foisted on them?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Geez that's a bit rough. What have Tassie done to have Hawthorn foisted on them?
    Well it's either the Squawks or the Kangapoo's I don't care who.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Squaks it is then. I like North where they are.

Post Thanks / Like

He's a douche but I can't disagree with the sentiment that Gilligan is a lightweight moron who should be challenged as often as possible by the clubs
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Lightweight moron is too generous for mine. Your giving him far too much credit. Which, unsurprisingly, is how they managed to *!*!*!*! up that AFL display. They left the logistics to a man who clearly struggles to keep up to the level of a lightweight moron.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Lightweight moron is too generous for mine. Your giving him far too much credit. Which, unsurprisingly, is how they managed to *!*!*!*! up that AFL display. They left the logistics to a man who clearly struggles to keep up to the level of a lightweight moron.
    You may be right in labelling Gil McLachlan as a moron or whatever other term you feel is suitable.

However, the one thing he is not is lightweight. Within our sport he is THE HEAVYWEIGHT, with the power to influence and ultimately decide a lot of issues.

Unfortunately he gives the impression, that he has achieved the aim of bureaucrats and been promoted to his level of incompetence.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    You may be right in labelling Gil McLachlan as a moron or whatever other term you feel is suitable.

However, the one thing he is not is lightweight. Within our sport he is THE HEAVYWEIGHT, with the power to influence and ultimately decide a lot of issues.

Unfortunately he gives the impression, that he has achieved the aim of bureaucrats and been promoted to his level of incompetence.

Yep you're quite right there.

Welcome to the brave new world. Last one to join the New Model Army is a royalist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    He should be but he's actually not - he governs exclusively by committee and consensus and never makes a decision alone on anything. He is paid well in excess of $2m a year to not really do anything - great gig.

We are now hearing of a 'super-committee' that will be put together to make all decisions on everything pertaining to the AFL. So what exactly do we need the AFL and the commission for then? This bloke and his new sidekick Steven Hocking are thick as bricks - they are actually absolving responsibility and influence from the governing body and giving it back to the clubs/outsiders.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    He should be but he's actually not - he governs exclusively by committee and consensus and never makes a decision alone on anything. He is paid well in excess of $2m a year to not really do anything - great gig.

We are now hearing of a 'super-committee' that will be put together to make all decisions on everything pertaining to the AFL. So what exactly do we need the AFL and the commission for then? This bloke and his new sidekick Steven Hocking are thick as bricks - they are actually absolving responsibility and influence from the governing body and giving it back to the clubs/outsiders.
    That is because he actually recognises that he is promoted beyond his competence. Unfortunately, he is also a symptom of the modern world where a high packet is expected but you always need to put yourself in a situation where you can accept all praise and deny all responsibility.

He is still a heavyweight in terms of his capacity to influence, if he ever chooses to actually lead.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured