Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs captain Katie Brennan set to return from ankle injury as Dogs eye Grand Final

Full story here

A chance to return this week against GWS, if not the following week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs captain Katie Brennan set to return from ankle injury as Dogs eye Grand Final

Brilliant. Welcome back our best player in time to tune up for the grand final. That's a nice boost.

I was thinking the other day that if the AFLW team finishes on top they will be the first time one of our sinior sides has finished on top of the ladder. Since the VFA days at least.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs captain Katie Brennan set to return from ankle injury as Dogs eye Grand Final

That's amazing.

I'd heard (from a listed player no less) that the injury was far worse than was let on. Awesome news on the eve of the finals for sure.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Brilliant. Welcome back our best player in time to tune up for the grand final. That's a nice boost.

I was thinking the other day that if the AFLW team finishes on top they will be the first time one of our sinior sides has finished on top of the ladder. Since the VFA days at least.
    Would be great to finish top. Have we ever finished top in the VFL/AFL. I think we haven't ever but you know what finish top doesn't translate always to a premiership as was the case with both our flags.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Would be great to finish top. Have we ever finished top in the VFL/AFL. I think we haven't ever but you know what finish top doesn't translate always to a premiership as was the case with both our flags.

Never finished on top of an A/VFL ladder. The closest we came was in 1998 when we played North in the last round for top spot. They won by less than a goal (or they might have kicked one on the siren to make it 8 points-that sounds about right, we were in it up to our eyeballs and it was less than a goal when the siren rang I think) I'm doing well to remember, I'd become a father two months before and all I could hear by then was babies crying, It's an intense stage of life.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite