Full forward J Bruton B Toogood K Rennie
    Followers T Ernst E Kearney K Lamb
    Interchange N Ferres K McLeod E Mackie
    A Utri D Berry
    Emergencies B Hunt L Bailey
    In: D Berry
    Out: L Bailey
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFLW Round 6 v GWS

Fair few players out of position there, would be surprised if that's actually how we go in
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

This will be great if we can win this one , grand final birth set and can prepare for it a week early.
    Bring back the biff

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    This will be great if we can win this one , grand final birth set and can prepare for it a week early.
    I'm feeling sick about the next two weeks...
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Need to beat GWS to be assured of a GF spot - where have I heard that before.....
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane lost. So if we beat GWS we lock up a GF spot. Only Melbourne would be able to take top spot from us, and they’d have to smash us next week. Go girls.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Looking much more skilled than GWS as expected, disappointed with how we coughed up a goal with poor defending but we have looked much slicker with the ball in hand.
    Brutton actually really impressed me with one of her efforts early on; she basically gathered the ball, lost her opponent and hit a teammate square on the chest with the ball in two motions.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I whinge about the umps that 2nd quarter.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

You sure can hotdog, also thought one of gws goals was touched on the line too. Having said that our girls are not going into contested situations as hard as they were in first qtr and gws now have a bit of self belief and playing well. Carn Elle, lead the way to a win and a spot in the GF...

Post Thanks / Like

I feel sick!

Post Thanks / Like

How far are GWS allowed to run with the ball without bouncing it? How many times do they illegally dispose of it when they are tackled? That one that led to the 50, the GWS player is tackled and she doesn't drop it SHE THROWS IT ON THE GROUND and gets a free kick! Then she veers of her line as she kicks it our player gets awarded 50 against her.

Fyucking cheats.

13. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how the AFL can justify the quality of umpiring in AFLW. Sure the mens umpiring can be suspect at times but never to the extent that it happens every single game in AFLW and it's all because they don't want the experienced umpires doing AFLW as that would mean that they'd be considered full time umpires

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I don't know how the AFL can justify the quality of umpiring in AFLW. Sure the mens umpiring can be suspect at times but never to the extent that it happens every single game in AFLW and it's all because they don't want the experienced umpires doing AFLW as that would mean that they'd be considered full time umpires

That umpiring was farcical and the AFLW need to be careful about perceptions and their golden child. It would be a terrible situation where we couldn't trust the AFLW commission not to appoint umpires with a view to getting favourable outcomes for teams like GWS.

I'm not saying the AFLW are cheating or anything. But they might want to worry more about their public image and running a fair and equitable competition instead of what entrance Alberti goes through and who Alberti feels she needs in her entourage next week. A nasty person might comment that us getting umpiring like that the week after we didn't immediately ask "how high?" when they told us to jump isn't a coincidence. But I'm not a nasty person so I won't even raise the matter.

Post Thanks / Like

We need to beat Melbourn next week to guarantee ourselves a grand final spot.

Five teams the Dogs, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and GWS can still reach the grand final.