Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  29
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 side

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 1 side

So the team posted earlier was correct.

Did anyone win the TV for correctly picking the side? Well done if you did because who would have predicted that? Really can't understand how Daniel doesn't get a game.

Also Jong is missing from the emergencies list above - they name 4 now.

Post Thanks / Like

Big English is in

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Four new Bulldogs in making their debut, Crozier, Trengove, Gowers and Naughty.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Our CHF and FF are renowned backmen......

Are we trying to be too smart? Have we conceded this game already?

I'm all glad for fresh blood and giving kids a crack, but gee whiz......

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Gowers & Honeychurch were quite ordinary in the last JLT game. Concerning that Wallis, Daniel and Jong, let alone Tom Boyd and Lipinski aren't knocking down the door for Round 1.
    I hate being pessimistic leading into Round 1..but I don't think I've felt so underwhelmed by our prospects in a 1st round match since Bevo took over.
    I hope my grinchy outlook is unwarranted and that the selected side make me look silly come Sunday arvo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I thought Gowers & Honeychurch were quite ordinary in the last JLT game. Concerning that Wallis, Daniel and Jong, let alone Tom Boyd and Lipinski aren't knocking down the door for Round 1.
    I hate being pessimistic leading into Round 1..but I don't think I've felt so underwhelmed by our prospects in a 1st round match since Bevo took over.
    I hope my grinchy outlook is unwarranted and that the selected side make me look silly come Sunday arvo
    I feel the same as you. I'm actually not even looking forward to Sunday's game for the fear of what will be a belting. I am worried that we have selected a weak team and I'm even more worried that that is the best team we have at round 1. Our emergencies are better than our bench.
    Last edited by ratsmac; 23-03-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

C'mon folks, pessimism's our default setting.

Embrace the doubt, let the dark side flow through you. That way it won't sting so hard when Patton & Cameron combine for double figures.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

A very puzzling team. I’m not an avid follower of the pre season form, but Wallis, Young, Lipinski, Webb, Jong, Daniel, Dickson and Schache unable to break in.. T Boyd, where are you at? This seems like an experimental side, not a settled Round one combo. Good starts to the season really matter. Let’s hope we are praising the genius and courage of the match committee on Sunday night.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Least experienced side of the round .

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been very critical of our coaching and match selection ever since we won the flag and this certainly doesn’t ease my concerns.

Honey church is not AFL standard and as much as he gives everything he’s got it’s ridiculous that he’s playing. He was awful v Collingwood.

Gowers hasn’t been impressive either.

Very surprised no Jong or Daniel.

Interested to see English and how we use him.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like this is about a round 18 side where the team has been smashed by injuries and is trying to plug holes.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not overly surprised by Daniel omission - didn’t have a great JLT2 game and underwhelming in an intraclub game a few weeks back. Jong likely still getting on top of ACL injury. I think Gowers represents the Dicko factor given Dicko is underdone at present. I like the choice of English over Schache as he has more strings to his bow. Honeychurch clearly selected to exert forward pressure given Smith and others of his ilk are’t ready to play yet eg Wally. This side possibly represents the best of the pre-season comp.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

13. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    I’m not overly surprised by Daniel omission - didn’t have a great JLT2 game and underwhelming in an intraclub game a few weeks back. Jong likely still getting on top of ACL injury. I think Gowers represents the Dicko factor given Dicko is underdone at present. I like the choice of English over Schache as he has more strings to his bow. Honeychurch clearly selected to exert forward pressure given Smith and others of his ilk are’t ready to play yet eg Wally. This side possibly represents the best of the pre-season comp.
    That may be, and if we know anything about the MC under Bevo it's that he's happy to reward form.

The concern is on the eve of a new season so many who should be staking (or re-staking) their claims to best 22, evidently aren't.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Four new Bulldogs in making their debut, Crozier, Trengove, Gowers and Naughty.
    Lets go with Crozier being called Crazy. Crazy and Naughty in the back line.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Gowers and Honeychurch picked over Daniels. That should go over well with the faithful.
    We're all doing great. Looking forward to playing GWS